Dak more comfortable with the deep ball

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Too bad Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Brooks Bollinger, Stephen McGee, Kellen Moore, Kyle Orton, and a hundred other quarterbacks never practiced football.

I'm pretty sure every player has to practice football. You don't make it to the NFL without it.

Are you feeling ok today? These are things people like you should know. Do you even football much? Doesn't seem like it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
presgoat--- i was so concerned about Dak's mechanics and footwork and throwing motion...but it appears he has improved all three this year....and he will only get better....i think we will be Ok throwing ball this year

I think so too Gorico.

I believe Dak’s deficiencies are correctable and feel confident he will improve in the areas he needs improvement.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Our least well-rounded receiver is gone, big plus there. Our HOF TE is gone, big minus there. Kind of a wash.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
r0ciop.jpg

waving monkey

Reaction score
None of this means anything until it happens during the season in several games. It's really why I don't pay much attention to news during training camp and pre-season.
it does mean something , he is developing his craft

waving monkey

Reaction score
He's putting in work to improve what people say he can't do. I like Dak and i am fine with him at QB. I dont mind his haters because i know Dak feeds off of yall. He hears what people are saying and i know he uses it at motivation. He even said himself. He doesn't care about what good things people say about him. He only focuses on the bad things people say about him. Which is why hes my QB because he will retire with a chip still on his shoulder.
thanks

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
One of the most interesting comments I've heard about dak from the coaches was how he was under throwing the WR in camp starting out with the deep ball.

Now in camp he is over throwing the WR. What an adjustment!!!

Now the accuracy is starting to fall in place As that arm gains confidence. The best thing is the under throwing is starting to disappear.

When I look at Daks deep now I see a little drew brees. Not saying he will be anything close to brees so don't trash me!

Bro I love your enthusiasm and all, and I sure hope he can throw the deep ball with some consistency. But when you say the accuracy is starting to fall, am not sure if the percentages are even close enough for me to feel confident as you. Your post of the deep ball is one of two that we have seen all through camp and preseason. TWO! Maybe I have missed one here or there, but he has a long way to go.

erod

Reaction score
How many touchdowns did Dak throw last year of 30+ yards?

Two.

And one was a 5 yard slant to Rod Smith that went the distance.

It's commonly accepted knowledge that Dak is poor at getting the ball downfield on target consistently.

erod

Reaction score
General consensus on this board counters that statement. That's just you talking out of your *** again.
Among the actual coaches and football experts, this isn't even debatable. He struggled mightily in deep balls, especially from the pocket. They say it CONSTANTLY.

erod

Reaction score
Source? Coaches and football experts? If they say is consistently you shouldn't have trouble backing this statement.
How many people do you need to hear say it?

Denial doesn't make it go away. He has to cross this hurtle.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I want to see him with pressure. I don't think you can fix poor pocket awareness and fear. But oh well, we will see.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Too bad Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Brooks Bollinger, Stephen McGee, Kellen Moore, Kyle Orton, and a hundred other quarterbacks never practiced football.
How many of those qb's had a year as good as Dak did his rookie year? We aren't talking about a qb who hasn't done it. We are talking about someone who did it in his ROOKIE year. I don't know if you are trolling, pretending to be stupid or truly this stupid. This isn't even typical Dak hate.....this is just typical ignorance. Comparing Dak to the likes of Stephen McGee? Goodness.