Dak most under appreciated QB in the NFL

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That’s where we disagree. I, and the Cowboys organization by the way, believe he is worth it. They know more than you or I will ever know. They see his work ethic day in and day out. They see his enthusiasm for the game day in and day out. They see is thirst for learning day in and day out. They see his competitiveness day in or day out.
Behind closed doors, they see that they painted themselves into a corner, again.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It may not be that bad. But not good. Especially after he turned down 33 million last year and played out his rookie deal. His agent will push JJ until he caves. I don’t see JJ holding his ground on a franchise QB.
May not be that bad, but not good,,
That kinda sums up this franchise for that past 25 years,, signing Dak insures this franchise continues to sale jerseys but keeps us on the path of mediocrity.
Not signing Dak does the same.
Finding a real franchise worthy QB is no easy task.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why not 40, heck lets just blow both barrels so there is no hard feelings, and make it 50 per.
After all, there is no cap, no other players to pay, just give Dak and his agent whatever number they right down on the napkin and slide across the table to Jerry.
What Im trying to say here is that,, as a franchise, you can not over pay a player/contract, because once you go down that road, its very difficult to backtrack, and that's exactly where this franchise is right now.
Lawrence, Zeke, and now Dak… that's how you overpay and blow your cap for 8-8.
It creates a culture for mediocrity, the word gets out, the Cowboys are the team to play for if your just looking to collect a pay check.
Isnt America great!
There’s only one thing wrong with this. They won’t blow the cap when extending Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The problem is the current market. I don’t think any QB is worth more than 25. I wish they would cap the position. Or all positions. Let each position go up every year evenly when the cap goes up.
Ive been pushing that agenda for several years now, there should be, needs to be a positional cap.
There should be a cap within the cap, because its really becoming detrimental to the sport with QBs demanding such a large percentage of the overall cap, it makes it very difficult to keep a team together..lol, once your QB is off the rookie contract.
Where is it going to end.. 30, 40, 50, 60 per ?
At some point the bank is going to break, and it will hurt this sport, it already has.
Fans are loosing interest,, maybe most that post here dont see it, because we are all die hard nut jobs, that are oblivious to the common man, outside of this forum,, but Ive seen it already, have seen it.
I talk to a lot of people, different people every day, and Ive noticed a trend,, people giving up their season ticket rights, people cancelling the season ticket DTV,, just a general drop in fan enthusiasm over all.
At some point too much is going to be too much and players are going to start revolting when QB is getting so much of the share that everyone else on the team regardless of talent is forced into a discount contract because the QB, regardless of talent, but its the position, its the QB, so they deserve to be payed 30 percent of the overall cap...lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One look at the list below simply verifies that Jerry is the worst GM in the NFL.
Patience fellow fans.....:(...25 years of misery and counting.

QBs with Highest 2020 Salary Cap Hit
Dak Prescott - $31.4M
Russell Wilson - $31M
Jared Goff - $28.8M
Jimmy Garoppolo - $26.6M
Tom Brady - $25M Philip Rivers - $25M
Ben Roethlisberger - $23.8M
Drew Brees - $23.7M
Ryan Tannehill - $22.5M
Aaron Rodgers - $21.6M

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, sorry not this story . . . Only THE END
He can sign to franchise tax. So like I said it starts all over again. Which is fine as long as he’s on the team. Everything else is just a drama

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One look at the list below simply verifies that Jerry is the worst GM in the NFL.

Dak Prescott - $31.4M
Russell Wilson - $31M
Jared Goff - $28.8M
Jimmy Garoppolo - $26.6M
Drew Brees - $23.7M
Ryan Tannehill - $22.5M
Aaron Rodgers - $21.6M
In three years from now you’ll be on the bottom of that list. Don’t you understand how this works

John813

Reaction score

Dak Prescott - $31.4M
Russell Wilson - $31M
Jared Goff - $28.8M
Jimmy Garoppolo - $26.6M
Drew Brees - $23.7M
Ryan Tannehill - $22.5M
Aaron Rodgers - $21.6M

So, if the Cowboys come to a long term agreement with Dak in the next week or so, and his cap hit for 2020 drops below 25mil, is Jerry no longer the worst GM in the NFL?

BermyStar

Reaction score
I think the point shot past you and is heading for the stars.

I going to have to see if I can find a rear window sticker that says, "My QB is Above Average". All the other fans are going to be so jealous....
Sorry to shut down this debate, but listen to the audio, just after the 18 minute mark. He actually said, " To people who think he's average to above average, you need to pick up a different hobby..."

He was suggesting that Dak is better than above average.