Dak MVP - who's in his way

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Hurts - I can't see it. His team and Mahomes/Kelce/Scantling/Watson errors willed him over games he should've lost. Seems like he makes 1 or 2 spectacular plays each game in key games like Cowboys and Eagles but they've won - altho squeakers.

Tua - He's destroying it statistically and I think so far he's pretty close to Dak. But the difference being the Eagles game. Dak got praise, Tua didn't.

Hill - I can see him winning if Miami was a 14-3 juggernaut, but I don't think he'll win unless Miami wins the remaining 7 games.

Mahomes - I don't see it either. Chiefs' offensive struggles have been talked about too much this year, unless there's a tremendous turnaround. Which could happen knowing the Chiefs.

Jackson - He's probably Dak's closest competitor and I think most people are thinking "Lamar has beaten lots of good teams." It'll depend on how both Dak and Lamar plays in the final 7 games.

JayFord

Reaction score
Hurts is on the low end of the mvp record is good but the turnovers? He's having a Dak 2022 year kind of

Mahomes maybe but his receivers are failing him

Lamar? No

Dak? If he continues his pace and they beat just one winning team then yes

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Hurts - I can't see it. His team and Mahomes/Kelce/Scantling/Watson errors willed him over games he should've lost. Seems like he makes 1 or 2 spectacular plays each game in key games like Cowboys and Eagles but they've won - altho squeakers.

Tua - He's destroying it statistically and I think so far he's pretty close to Dak. But the difference being the Eagles game. Dak got praise, Tua didn't.

Hill - I can see him winning if Miami was a 14-3 juggernaut, but I don't think he'll win unless Miami wins the remaining 7 games.

Mahomes - I don't see it either. Chiefs' offensive struggles have been talked about too much this year, unless there's a tremendous turnaround. Which could happen knowing the Chiefs.

Jackson - He's probably Dak's closest competitor and I think most people are thinking "Lamar has beaten lots of good teams." It'll depend on how both Dak and Lamar plays in the final 7 games.
DaRon Bland. :grin:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its still early, but with Mahomes having no WRs and a down year and Purdy (who has same or better stats than Dak) not having the time in the league or name recognition…..

it really seems like Dak, Tua, Hurts are front runners

Could happen

Hard for Hill or McCaffery given they're non QBs
Jackson has almost as many turnovers as he does TDs…..but he has the name recognition.

Motorola

Reaction score

Would rather ponder on the NFL Championship.
Who's in the Cowboys' way.

Jipper

Reaction score
Someone that doesn't choke against very good teams?

DFWJC

Reaction score
The answer for 10 striaght years can befound with this formula

Average Rank of Passer Rating +Rank of Total TDs/Turnovers Differential

Right now Dak is either 1st or 2nd in that combined stat, so he is right there after 11 games

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has been absolutely on fire the past 5 weeks. He deserves a ton of praise for that. It has all been against some of the worst pass defenses in the league. Both things can be true. Panthers were the best one they faced and they were missing their top 2 CBs.

If he does this the rest of the year you have to consider him for MVP.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Tua coming back from those concussions will get the sympathy vote and statistically he also has an edge
But there are still six games left to play

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Regular season Dak is pretty dang good, it's post season Dak that needs to step up. If that happens then he's got a chance.