Dak needs to stop the backpedaling

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Seriously how does Kellen even allow him to get away with it. All it does is completely ruin the play. Romo was a master at stepping up in the pocket, Dak needs to start doing the same thing. I know he'll never be as good as an evader that Romo was but he's gotta stop dropping out of the play, drives me nuts.
I think it maybe a combination of things....biadasz is getting pushed back so its hard to step up into the linemen, if there is no room to step up....and he is reluctant to run since the calf injury. prior to the injury he had about 4 attempts average totally about 12 yards per game. after the calf injury about 1.5 per game for average of 4 yards....and its usually because he has no other choice. and running for life....so there defintely has been an impact sinc calf injury and probably combination of ankle still not 100% and calf injury, so the lower right leg is not right

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No.. He doesn’t know where to go with the ball against man to man coverage. He can’t quickly get rid of it.

Every team defends us this way. It has nothing to do with the OL.

He’s not seeing huge windows to throw into and he’s holding the ball longer and when he is pressured a lot of you are blaming the OL but that is not the cause it’s the effect.
however @khiladi says, Dak is good against man coverage and struggles against Zone....which is it?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Seriously how does Kellen even allow him to get away with it. All it does is completely ruin the play. Romo was a master at stepping up in the pocket, Dak needs to start doing the same thing. I know he'll never be as good as an evader that Romo was but he's gotta stop dropping out of the play, drives me nuts.

That's a sign of a QB who does not want to run for positive yardage. I have noticed on his sprint out passes he actually is running back away from the LOS, rather than towards it. So he is passing off his back foot and falling backward, that is how he hurt his calf initially. Bad throw to CeeDee who was open for TD in the first quarter. He also hesitated running during the game. The guy is still hurt, or does not want to get further hurt.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He is not very comfortable in the pocket. A little shiftiness goes a long way to avoid a rusher fighting through a block. Dak sometimes overreacts to the rush and bails on the play prematurely.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Was he really All Pro? Thanks, I don't remember it. I do know he blocked well but shotgun snapping wasn't his strength.
He was a good lineman in his prime. He had issues early in his career but he was moving from center to guard to back to center.......5x Pro Bowler and All Pro. I know i'd take his *** right now lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo made Dez elite.. Dez didn’t have top flight speed, meaning he couldn’t smoke anybody in man coverage off the snap.

Dez on the other hand was a scapegoat for Dak..

That was Romo’s number 1. They then had to go draft another outside WR in TWill, who was another scapegoat for Dak.
Bryant led the NFL in one statistic in one season. TDs in 2014. That's it. His elite status was rather limited.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s not even close.. completely different leagues.

Romo was carrying this franchise..

Dak was being trained at the expense of a roster that had a SB window finally. It’s a shame Romo couldn’t start with Zeke.
No one player caries an entire franchise. That is ridiculous. Another misused phrase.

shabazz

Reaction score
I only remember because I used to scream "FLOZELL" after his 4th false start of the game lol

Thanks for reminding me.....if we lived through those games we can endure anything

The only thing that makes me crazy when watching is the damn penalties

We can be bad on defense, offense or special teams but when I see us called for this many penalties it ruins it

The tell tale sign is 30 yard pass from Dak to Lamb and ya can’t yell out until you make sure the flag ain’t thrown