Dak needs to stop the backpedaling

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
COULD YOU ALL IMAGINE IF HE WAS A THREAT WITH HIS FEET, like other qbs do to us it would make us better on offense

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
It’s not even close.. completely different leagues.

Romo was carrying this franchise..

Dak was being trained at the expense of a roster that had a SB window finally. It’s a shame Romo couldn’t start with Zeke.

the comparison is in terms of talent, not circumstances or times.

khiladi

Reaction score
With Phil Costa starting 16 games at Center - Romo put up over 4000 yards and 31TD's to just 10 INT's and completed 66% of his passes, finishing the season with a 102.5 rating

Phil Costa is subpar when compared to Biadasz. And Romo didn't have the talent at WR that Prescott has during that season. Oh, and Montrae Holland and Kyle Kosier (at the end of his career) were the starters in the interior of that oline, along with Costa. Doug Free was the starting left tackle.

Plus, they were a man blocking scheme with Hudson Houck, in a Garrett offense that relied heavily on 2 TE sets, the second TE kept in as an extra blocker.

khiladi

Reaction score
the comparison is in terms of talent, not circumstances or times.

It’s both.. Romo played with a roster that was in reality average. His OC was the absolute worst in the league.

Dak has not.. the talent and personnel has masked his average skills.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Those are just excuses, a QB who is paid that amount of money has to do more, generate a game, have the talent for it, Brady at 44 continues to do that.
There is no justification for Dak's bad game, simply that he is a mistake and a mirage, the talents of A Copper and C Lamb are being wasted,
A good QB, looks for a way to win the games, the last games have been won thanks to the defense.

they are legitimate reasons!! f all that excuse talk trying to deflect real issues, reason and issues are plain to see..

the chiefs could not get on track including Mahomes because of the OL, they lost the sb because of the OL... its a reason and the ol is been bad more then not..

if you cant also run what that daks fault no the OL on whole is just out of sync and thats a FACT..got it..dak haters.. if he plays bad and its on him ill say it raiders wa snot him, KC and last night OL couldn't open hole or block for dak consistent enough, they are drive killers- TS penalties, Schultz penalty, just having players pushed back into the backfield, it something nearly every play..the OL has been out of sync and that messes up plays and add to Moores play calling sorry this isnt a dak issue..

dak played horrible in denver for sure but even if he played better the defense was equally as horrible, we dont win that one regardless, we got ran over at every level, shaky against kc over how many drops by wrs 7?, no run game? Some was his deal but man that was ugly and NO but that not his fault a few bad passes sure but that happens every game to every qb, the reason we didn't sustain drives or score more was the OL..

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It’s difficult to avoid backpedaling when the defense is rushing seven and you’re waiting for a play to develop downfield. Again, I don’t know if that’s Dak or Moore.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
they are legitimate reasons!! f all that excuse talk trying to deflect real issues, reason and issues are plain to see..

the chiefs could not get on track including Mahomes because of the OL, they lost the sb because of the OL... its a reason and the ol is been bad more then not..

if you cant also run what that daks fault no the OL on whole is just out of sync and thats a FACT..got it..dak haters.. if he plays bad and its on him ill say it raiders wa snot him, KC and last night OL couldn't open hole or block for dak consistent enough, they are drive killers- TS penalties, Schultz penalty, just having players pushed back into the backfield, it something nearly every play..the OL has been out of sync and that messes up plays and add to Moores play calling sorry this isnt a dak issue..

dak played horrible in denver for sure but even if he played better the defense was equally as horrible, we dont win that one regardless, we got ran over at every level, shaky against kc over how many drops by wrs 7?, no run game? Some was his deal but man that was ugly and NO but that not his fault a few bad passes sure but that happens every game to every qb, the reason we didn't sustain drives or score more was the OL..

you are arguing more on the emotional side of defending Dak, rather than the logical and accepting a reality.
First, in the game against KC, yes KC's defense played havoc and it was very good, but Dak had a chance to win the game and he did poor executions, and it was his fault, the same in the game against Denver and Raiders. a player who is paid that amount of money, must at least show the effort to generate plays to win; But what has happened?, Dak has played badly the plays that could have been to win the game, Dak does not have that plus, he does not have that talent, which Romo did have, but here the difference is that Dak is being paid a stratospheric amount, money that is not worth, he only justifies himself by saying, a win is a win, what a crappy thought, you must do your best because they are paying you well, and there are many people who want to see a good cowboy game and get excited and feel satisfied by the good victory of the team, and have a joy in the day, but saying a win is a win whatever, it is rubbish, he is not giving enough to take the team, as Romo did in his time, that is appreciated.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
He isn’t even throwing well on the run right now. Which is weird. He used to be great at throwing the ball on the run. And now he is missing throws whenever he throws while rolling out.

idk what it is.
Yeah. Moore even called a rollout left which was odd.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dont know, dont care. The point is not everything was 100% sunny with Romo. He had some years with a loaded offense, and some years with maybe the worst oline or weapons in the league. I love Romo, I love Dak, but don't understand why we continue to prop one of those guys up by bringing the other down.

Thank you!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I agree it is lazy. But I didn’t bring him up. It was a Romo Stan who did….

I wish I knew Romo personally. I would have him log in to this forum and tell everyone that, yes, Dak is better than him. That way his name would not pop up and the whole forum would get the answer they think they know.

Now, get you azz downstairs and get after some of the booger sugar!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wish I knew Romo personally. I would have him log in to this forum and tell everyone that, yes, Dak is better than him. That way his name would not pop up and the whole forum would get the answer they think they know.

Now, get you azz downstairs and get after some of the booger sugar!
Romo stans would argue with Romo if he himself said Dak was better lol.

Twin928

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys something is up with him. His footwork and mechanics look terrible.
Same thing I said after kc game n this board bashed my head it made me drink more n cry myself to sleep lol every since that calf injury n the Denver game he has been off haven’t even seen the same leadership role or that fire or poise from him but what do we know

aikemirv

Reaction score
Seriously how does Kellen even allow him to get away with it. All it does is completely ruin the play. Romo was a master at stepping up in the pocket, Dak needs to start doing the same thing. I know he'll never be as good as an evader that Romo was but he's gotta stop dropping out of the play, drives me nuts.
Been doing this for 5 years - your not going to change it. It is his biggest flaw by far!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not read the whole thread yet, just this up to this point, but this is about Dak, not Romo. Why some you always bring him up is just lazy.
It's just a way to compare movements and such. Why you get so offended about it is telling.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Romo made Dez elite.. Dez didn’t have top flight speed, meaning he couldn’t smoke anybody in man coverage off the snap.

Dez on the other hand was a scapegoat for Dak..

That was Romo’s number 1. They then had to go draft another outside WR in TWill, who was another scapegoat for Dak.

Citing Dez as one of Romo's weapons kinda makes the point about what Dak's working with. I mean, who would take Dez over Cooper or Lamb?