Twitter: Dak: Oh, I’m back

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sorry dudes but not all turnovers are created equal... End of game/half heaves that get picked off do not carry the same weight as a turnover deep in your own territory in the meat of the game. Turnovers happen.. they are quite simply an unavoidable part of the game. When they occur, the defense has to rise to the occasion and keep the other team from scoring and get the ball back for the offense. That's how complementary football works. Our defense did not show that for most of last year. If the offense committed a turnover, even if it was on the opponent's 10 yard line their response was to allow the opponent to salsa down the other way for a TD. No sane person is going to argue that our team, Dak included, committed too many turnovers last season.. but those same sane people should recognize that the putrid defensive display contributed mightily to how the offense played. I firmly believe the guys on offense were pressing after seeing how bad the defense was. I think Moore panicked and started calling the game as if we were down 20 before we actually were down 20. It all ties together.. I think if the defense comes out and shows it can hold an offense as good as Tampa to say 24 points it will go a long way toward helping the offense change its approach. If they get torched for 40 then we all better buckle up for a wild ride.
agreed. the discussion was around Fumbles, so I should have said fumbles instead of turnovers. yes, heaves at the end of the half out of desperation to score don't matter. you have to take shot that way.

and I agree, turnovers happen, and you have to be able to recover from those and your defense to hold... its the rate at which they happen that would be a concern. when three fumbles in one games, that's alarming.

and I agree again, that our defense sucked last year. all the pundits can point to turnovers, etc. but the way that defense was playing forced the offense to be aggressive, push, not play conservative and at times become utterly one dimentional. that's not a winning formula.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
If they stay healthy, the sky is the limit. I think Quinn is going to improve the defense quite a bit this year. And with Micah "3 and out" Parsons he's got a dog to utilize. Gregory playing more snaps, Osa clogging up the middle, shoot. I read where during one practice after a play Lawrence hugged Osa because he's freeing up the DE's to make plays. Again, the secondary looks like the weak spot at least right now.

Absolutely agree on this. The key is to stay healthy....

GMO415

Reaction score
Yeah, he's going to look like crap Thursday due to no rythem with his WRs and no practice against game speed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
agreed. the discussion was around Fumbles, so I should have said fumbles instead of turnovers. yes, heaves at the end of the half out of desperation to score don't matter. you have to take shot that way.

and I agree, turnovers happen, and you have to be able to recover from those and your defense to hold... its the rate at which they happen that would be a concern. when three fumbles in one games, that's alarming.

and I agree again, that our defense sucked last year. all the pundits can point to turnovers, etc. but the way that defense was playing forced the offense to be aggressive, push, not play conservative and at times become utterly one dimentional. that's not a winning formula.

Not only that but given how few stops the defense was getting early in these games, we have serious questions as to whether or not the other teams' offenses would score anyway even without the help of our offense's turnovers. It's not like they were forcing 3 and outs by the bunches EXCEPT for the points off turnovers..