Twitter: Dak: Oh, I’m back

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't think that is true. Turning the ball over on a short field is problematic.

But at any rate....gotta take care of the football. That spat of TO's by all involved...just as costly as a bad defense.
either way. turning the ball on a short field allows the other team to score. turning the ball over at the other end, takes a score away from you. turning the ball over mid fieldish, gives them a short field, and takes a potential score away....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
either way. turning the ball on a short field allows the other team to score. turning the ball over at the other end, takes a score away from you. turning the ball over mid fieldish, gives them a short field, and takes a potential score away....
I think we're in agreement...it's a bad thing no matter how you slice it.

Just looking for some common ground with you...I know it's there. :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether anyone is a Romorooter or Dakater, I always say the same thing to say to them. Cheer up, it could always be worse, just think of who we've had and would have had.

I laugh at the comparisons to other QB's fans thing we shoulda, coulda woulda had when I think we could have had Lynch or Cook.

Do some fans just think we are deserving of an elite QB because we are Cowboys fans? I don't get that. We've had Meredith, Staubach, White, Aikman, Romo and now have Prescott. That looks like a pretty fine lineup to me.

Be thankful for what you have because that's all you've got.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Sorry dudes but not all turnovers are created equal... End of game/half heaves that get picked off do not carry the same weight as a turnover deep in your own territory in the meat of the game. Turnovers happen.. they are quite simply an unavoidable part of the game. When they occur, the defense has to rise to the occasion and keep the other team from scoring and get the ball back for the offense. That's how complementary football works. Our defense did not show that for most of last year. If the offense committed a turnover, even if it was on the opponent's 10 yard line their response was to allow the opponent to salsa down the other way for a TD. No sane person is going to argue that our team, Dak included, committed too many turnovers last season.. but those same sane people should recognize that the putrid defensive display contributed mightily to how the offense played. I firmly believe the guys on offense were pressing after seeing how bad the defense was. I think Moore panicked and started calling the game as if we were down 20 before we actually were down 20. It all ties together.. I think if the defense comes out and shows it can hold an offense as good as Tampa to say 24 points it will go a long way toward helping the offense change its approach. If they get torched for 40 then we all better buckle up for a wild ride.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry dudes but not all turnovers are created equal... End of game/half heaves that get picked off do not carry the same weight as a turnover deep in your own territory in the meat of the game. Turnovers happen.. they are quite simply an unavoidable part of the game. When they occur, the defense has to rise to the occasion and keep the other team from scoring and get the ball back for the offense. That's how complementary football works. Our defense did not show that for most of last year. If the offense committed a turnover, even if it was on the opponent's 10 yard line their response was to allow the opponent to salsa down the other way for a TD. No sane person is going to argue that our team, Dak included, committed too many turnovers last season.. but those same sane people should recognize that the putrid defensive display contributed mightily to how the offense played. I firmly believe the guys on offense were pressing after seeing how bad the defense was. I think Moore panicked and started calling the game as if we were down 20 before we actually were down 20. It all ties together.. I think if the defense comes out and shows it can hold an offense as good as Tampa to say 24 points it will go a long way toward helping the offense change its approach. If they get torched for 40 then we all better buckle up for a wild ride.
I don't see anyone one of significance blaming only the offense.

Sometimes there is a counterpoint that makes it LOOK like somebody did that....but we have to try to stay focus and contain the conversation.

We can talk about offensive fumbles without having to bring up the defense, the OC that is still "learning"....Jerry and Stephen. And whoever else.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Rocky is doing the exact same thing with Zeke (highlighting mistakes, placing blame, and criticizing his play) that he attacks others for when they do it to Dak.

If that doesn't scream flat out agenda and bias I dunno what does.

If you refuse to look at all players and critique them the same then you're just as bad as the people you attack on here everyday. You should be able to both give and accept criticism of all players when it's warranted. You can have your favorites, but if you're unable to talk about them without a clear bias, then you shouldn't resort to attacking others that have that ability that you lack.
I put the blame on those responsible so quit your damn lying. Again.
Zeke had 2 lost fumbles and Shultz also had a fumble. Dak had some fumbles as well. Defense played like crap and the starting field position was horrible. It’s a team game. You haters don’t get that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I put the blame on those responsible so quit your damn lying. Again.
Okay, Rocky.

We don't agree on much, but hopefully we'll be able to celebrate a Cowboys win come Friday morning regardless of our different opinion on things.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Okay, Rocky.

We don't agree on much, but hopefully we'll be able to celebrate a Cowboys win come Friday morning regardless of our different opinion on things.
One game does not matter. It’s where they stand after 17 games that matters.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
One game does not matter. It’s where they stand after 17 games that matters.
I agree, but a win over the defending champs won't make me any less happy just because it's a Week 1 game. Every win makes me happy. I understand some are much bigger than others and not all wins are created equal, but I enjoy ever win and I'd like to get off to a good start if possible.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree, but a win over the defending champs won't make me any less happy just because it's a Week 1 game. Every win makes me happy. I understand some are much bigger than others and not all wins are created equal, but I enjoy ever win and I'd like to get off to a good start if possible.
It would be a great win for sure and I think it’s possible.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Super Bowl, or Bust homie.
Super Bowl, or Bust.

Your words. Eat them.

Unless you're going to change your stance and say you're about the Journey now...
When did I say different?

Also, If I want to change my stance I will. I haven't, but I might, just to get under your skin.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I just enjoy the Journey and the blessed ability to watch another year of Football with my favorite football team.

They may win, they may lose, but I'm going down with the ship.
And I'm goin to be glad that I got to watch football and my favorite team play.

Because these days have become precarious and I'm going to take what I can get and enjoy what I can.

You all do... whatever it is the heck you do.