Twitter: Dak on Rich Eisen show

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So on the first page I saw no “lovers” unless you are referring to the losers who go from thread to hijack all Dak threads. Literally the first page is full of hatred lol….
I do not hate Dak. I liked him when the Cowboys drafted him in fact. However, years later, I want to see results no matter who the quarterback is.

Personally, i think he's a great guy, he's a good leader and a guy you would want to be your franchise quarterback .. that is, if he was winning post-season games.

However, getting paid $40 million a year to watch the playoffs and Super Bowl while working on your personal brand is not something you want to be known for.

As a Cowboys fan, I enjoy rooting for the young guys who are working hard for their second (and first real) contract. Once they get paid though for that effort, it's not about potential any more but about results.

When you take a realistic look at the Cowboys 2021 season, they could have played 17 of the 18 games they played with anyone playing quarterback. Dak got them one extra game that ended in a home loss.

Last season, the Cowboys could have played the 5 games Dak played in without him and still ended the season after 16 games.

Dak being the quarterback of the Cowboys has only added 4 extra games to their seasons since he joined the league in 2016.

In other words, if the Cowboys grabbed any quarterback off the street, even a really bad one, the Cowboys would have played in 97 of the 101 games (96%) the Cowboys have played in since 2016.

And before anyone chimes in bringing up Romo, it was no different with him either.

As I said, I do not hate Dak. But the moment he demanded and got a $40 million per year contract, my expectations are deep post-seasons, not watching the playoffs just like we did when he was getting paid a lot less.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We continue attaching players and especially QB salaries to team accomplishment expectations .

Players often negotiate market price contracts based on their personal production and value to the team and franchise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wasn’t sure Dak was enough in his Rookie contract . The fact we caved in to his demands didn’t raise my expectations. It only lessened my belief in our owners priorities , agendas and evaluations.

We were just as critical of Dak in his Rookie contract and would have been at 20 or 30 million. This notion that paying him waves a magic wand is totally ridiculous.

If we have hostility towards the contract it should be directed towards the ones who felt he was worthy and believed in their decision.

I’d argue that this investment from our ownership is also about attempting to prove our dysfunctional leadership is right and regardless whether he’s enough to take us further still provides the marketability to promote their brand which remaining “ relative and interesting “ is an admitted priority by this owner.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So, whether we never win another playoff game with Dak he most likely will be worth the investment for this dysfunctional ownership .

Similar to the Romo era in that they are propping up hope for an ownership which has no idea what it takes to build a championship team while continuing to undermine the authority and discipline a HC can bring.

And why these less than great QB’s are so valuable to this dysfunctional ownership. They are enough for this snake oil salesman to promote hope and pimp the ride so he can continue his ways without more direct accountability for lack of success on the field.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
All Dak needs is another 20 mil a season and maybe THEN he might try to win a super bowl. All he needs is a little more incentive. How do you expect anyone to be motivated on a measly 40 mil a season?

On a side note, is it just me who thinks it's a bit disrespectful to flip 'Dallas' upside down? Is he ashamed of who he plays for or where he lives? It's like the turds who fly their flags upside down.
It's not Dak's brand or idea. He said it is Ben Dinucci's. Dak was simply trying to help Denucci market Ben's brand. You know, the QB that reminds you Dak haters so much of your beloved Romo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do not hate Dak. I liked him when the Cowboys drafted him in fact. However, years later, I want to see results no matter who the quarterback is.

Personally, i think he's a great guy, he's a good leader and a guy you would want to be your franchise quarterback .. that is, if he was winning post-season games.

However, getting paid $40 million a year to watch the playoffs and Super Bowl while working on your personal brand is not something you want to be known for.

As a Cowboys fan, I enjoy rooting for the young guys who are working hard for their second (and first real) contract. Once they get paid though for that effort, it's not about potential any more but about results.

When you take a realistic look at the Cowboys 2021 season, they could have played 17 of the 18 games they played with anyone playing quarterback. Dak got them one extra game that ended in a home loss.

Last season, the Cowboys could have played the 5 games Dak played in without him and still ended the season after 16 games.

Dak being the quarterback of the Cowboys has only added 4 extra games to their seasons since he joined the league in 2016.

In other words, if the Cowboys grabbed any quarterback off the street, even a really bad one, the Cowboys would have played in 97 of the 101 games (96%) the Cowboys have played in since 2016.

And before anyone chimes in bringing up Romo, it was no different with him either.

As I said, I do not hate Dak. But the moment he demanded and got a $40 million per year contract, my expectations are deep post-seasons, not watching the playoffs just like we did when he was getting paid a lot less.
Let’s don’t kid ourselves though…he could be getting 400k a year and the same criticisms and expectations would be here.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Romo had a slide in his living room from the top to bottom floor. Dak has a football field in his back yard.

Romo nailed Jessica Simpson back when she was Daisy Dukes II. Dak has that blonde model on his arms.

giphy.gif

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Post like these are pure hater bait. This franchise deserves Quincy Carter back , wake people up to reality and how spoiled they actually are.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Romo's retired Dak isn't,big difference.
The fact is when Romo was beat down 44-6 by the Eagles in December 28, 2008 he pined “If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'll have had a pretty good life." this while he was still playing his reasoning things could be worse after getting destroyed on the field.

Sounds about right.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
would be nice if he was studying tapes and trying how to learn how to read defenses. even better if he was working on his fear of pressure, but both for him isn't fixable.
yep, I hate the fake asp loser. wish his tad side would come out more so you little girls with crushes could see the real guy. "he's such a good guy" didn't they say the same about Ted Bundy?

plymkr

Reaction score
Post like these are pure hater bait. This franchise deserves Quincy Carter back , wake people up to reality and how spoiled they actually are.
Spoiled? I would say the last thing Cowboys fans are is spoiled. Cowboys players are spoiled, that I agree with. 4 playoff wins since '96 doesn't spoil a fanbase.

We're not too far from the Quincy Carter days. Winning the NFC east and getting thumped in the playoffs. Pretty much what Quincy did and that's pretty much what we've done the last 20 years.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine.
I just refuse to run becaue my ankle may dislocate again.
Can't risk having to retire.
I'm fine.
Thanks Jerry.

visionary

Reaction score

I’d rather have Carter so we totally suck and our moron owner and stupid Cowboys fans have to face the reality that this is not good enough instead of QBs like Romo and Dak who keep up “relevant” and mediocre so I have to read stupid posts telling us we’re spoiled after 26 years of garbage