Dak on what excites him in 2019

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm excited about his potential in the red zone. Can he be the kind of bully we need to go up and get the ball?
Idk if Brown is that type of go up and get it WR, but he definitely can bully some people. I mean, this dude blocks LBs well so he can help Zeke get his rushing TDs up in the red zone.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Given how crowded the receivers room looks, it might end up being somewhere else. And that's not a knock on Brown but a testament to the talent I think they have.
Yeah, it's a possibility. Brown has a skill none of the other WRs have, so that works to his advantage. When healthy, #85 gets snaps too. Maybe he ends up somewhere else, but that means so other guys really stepped up their game and that would be great.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it's a possibility. Brown has a skill none of the other WRs have, so that works to his advantage. When healthy, #85 gets snaps too. Maybe he ends up somewhere else, but that means so other guys really stepped up their game and that would be great.

Definitely, I'm not rooting for him to go, but more speaking to what I feel will be tough competition for roster spots.

Number1

Reaction score
Ultimately this offense will be up to Dak's pocket presence and accuracy. If he can improve in those areas and our o-line stays healthy, the offense could thrive to be top 5 in the league.

ummm, "Dak's pocket presence", just presence period - whatever is called by Kellen it's Dak who has make adjustment and post snap, run pass / RPO

"top 5" stat wise ... I dunno, but I'm fairly sure they'll get Dak more TDs passes than sacks and put up 27+ a game.

they may be able to do it w/o him matching the 71% he did the 2nd half of 2018, just go deep more

and don't be surprised if most big plays happen outside the pocket by design

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
4th year, new contract....best talent in years. Gonna have to do something special this time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’ll be tough for a bottom-roster guy to dislodge Brown on STs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Definitely, I'm not rooting for him to go, but more speaking to what I feel will be tough competition for roster spots.
It certainly will. If someone does beat him I'm confident that player will be a good get and that only helps the team. Got anybody in mind who could knock him off?

It’ll be tough for a bottom-roster guy to dislodge Brown on STs.
Yeah, Noah is on all the STs basically and a dirt work WR...these guys are gonna have to bring it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It certainly will. If someone does beat him I'm confident that player will be a good get and that only helps the team. Got anybody in mind who could knock him off?

Toledo WR Jon'vea Johnson made a great first impression this past week. And both he and Jalen Guyton (a former Notre Dame recruit) bring speed to the party, and there's the returning Boise State WR Cedrick Wilson coming back as well. Lots of competition.

I think Brown needs to develop his overall game as a receiver. He plays a lot of roles, but receiver is first and foremost.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Maybe not a Witten clone, but more of the new style receiver TE that can actually still block.
I've been saying for a long time that they need to utilize him like teams utilized Shannon Sharpe. Similar builds, similar speed, and Brown can actually block once in a while.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Toledo WR Jon'vea Johnson made a great first impression this past week. And both he and Jalen Guyton (a former Notre Dame recruit) bring speed to the party, and there's the returning Boise State WR Cedrick Wilson coming back as well. Lots of competition.

I think Brown needs to develop his overall game as a receiver. He plays a lot of roles, but receiver is first and foremost.
I liked Jon'Vea predraft was glad they got him.
In my mind Wilson is already on the team.
That's how I got it.
I've liked Devin Smith since OSU. I really like these speed guys DAL has.

I agree lotsa competition. Looking for a couple of these speed WRs to make this fun.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
No mention of The GOAT , Rico Gathers ?

I'm stunned.....................

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
There is a hype train about the 2019 Dallas Cowboys and I am fully onboard.

I know I keep saying this but the 2018 Cowboys were looking good by the end of regular season and then won a playoff game. This offseason, every position group and coach either improved or stayed neutral, no steps back anywhere.

A divisional round appearance should be the minimum expectation in my opinion. Call me a homer, remind me that everyone likes their roster in May. The fact remains this team is an improved version of the team that won a playoff game despite a horrific start.

Frederick is returning.
Cooper, Gallup, Dak full offseason together.
Cobb is at least as good as Beasley, better in my opinion.
Wilson is healthy and the coaches were very high on him before injury.
Witten and Jarwin is more versatile and talented than Swaim and Jarwin.
Gregory might miss time, Irving is for sure gone. But we got Quinn, Covington, Hyder, Hill, plus some.
All these young guys have another year under their belt (LVE, J. Smith, Woods, Awuzie, etc.)
Moore cannot be worse than Linehan. There's just no way.
We have a RB2 that I'm actually excited about for the first time in a long time.
Best OL and DL depth in ages.

Just top to bottom there's so many reasons to feel optimistic in my opinion. Meanwhile, what did we lose?

Damien Wilson
Geoff Swaim
Scott Linehan
Rod Smith

Its gonna be a good year. In terms of gains and losses it's clear we're a better team right now than we were when we entered the divisional round in January.

starfan1

Reaction score
He'll never be taller than 6'2"
True and while height helps it’s not a prerequisite aaron Hernandez was only 6-2

That said I was really not too serious. I don’t think Noah is a lock for the roster

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could and can keep 7 WR's again. If this WR core is as deep and as talented as many think. They just may keep 7.

They can go with only 2 QB's, as there is no reason to keep 3. And go with 3 TE's. Since there won't be a lot of playing time for a 3rd TE, and Rico is not the answer to keep as a project. Therefore a 7th WR and an extra DL too.