Dak or the Play Calling

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if its 10K garbage time-fantasy yards. At the end of the day, he’s just not very good when it matters. The Madden-fantasy #s mean nothing to me. I want another SB and Dak will never get us there. He doesn’t have it between the ears.

I think we all want another SB, the difference in opinion around here is whats keeping us from it, I say its been coaching and your saying that its the QB.....did you like Romo?

khiladi

Reaction score
Not the quote I'm talking about.

No, because that does not connect to the number of times the Cowboys WANT to call those plays. It is absurd speculation to suggest that the Cowboys want to buck a leaguewide trend and run different personnel because of dak's footwork. There is a massive difference between having to work on something, and that thing restricting the playbook.

Again, by your logic, the exact same thing would apply to Pat Mahomes.

It doesn’t matter if that isn’t the quote you are talking about. The point is, you didn’t understand how the author used “under center”, meaning you were completely wrong. Dak dropped back 30 times total and it isn’t even close to Goff, who dropped back from the 7 step drop, let alone five, 68 times.

Further, the fact is Dak has had problems with the drop going back, as is amply attested by the quote from Linehan, which clearly demonstrates that it was a PART of the offense.

And no, by my logic it doesn’t pertain to Mahomes. First of all, we know Mahomes is a beast and Dak can’t hold his jock strap, so comparing the two is utterly asinine. He threw for 50TDs in his second season and just carried his team to the SB and winning it, setting play-off records for comebacks and he did it against legitimate defenses, unlike Dak. Second, again you defined “drop back” incorrectly. It’s not simply under center..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Man start cutting Zeke now that o line he has is way too good.

Dak looked awful when Zeke was suspended for six games. He couldn’t even put up double digits against the three teams he played that had winning records and he threw under 100 yards against the Commanders. Without Cooper, he was on Quincy Carter levels of futility and records as far as DC QBs are concerned.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak looked awful when Zeke was suspended for six games. He couldn’t even put up double digits against the three teams he played that had winning records and he threw under 100 yards against the Commanders. Without Cooper, he was on Quincy Carter levels of futility and records as far as DC QBs are concerned.

If you really think Dak and Quincy are on the same level then having a reasonable discussion with you isn't possible on this topic. Your stance is that Dak is one of the bottom 3 QB's in the league and that's ridiculous... the reason i threw out Zeke is because you like to say "take cooper away from Dak" so the same goes for everyplayer on the team the worse his team mates the worse the performance....

khiladi

Reaction score
If you really think Dak and Quincy are on the same level then having a reasonable discussion with you isn't possible on this topic. Your stance is that Dak is one of the bottom 3 QB's in the league and that's ridiculous... the reason i threw out Zeke is because you like to say "take cooper away from Dak" so the same goes for everyplayer on the team the worse his team mates the worse the performance....

No, QBs that are good don’t struggle that much if they lose one skilled player. That’s I didn’t say he struggled, I said he was pretty much AWFUL.

And what I stated was Dak was setting QC levels of futility without Cooper which is a fact. And Quicy Carter didn’t have the roster, especially offensive line and RG that Dak did.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...at-hasnt-happened-since-quincy-carter-in-2003

khiladi

Reaction score
And Dallas was 20th in YAC meaning Dak wasn’t placing the ball where it needs to be, to be considered accurate.

For the 2019 season, Prescott and his receivers have not been very productive with yards after the catch. The Cowboys are averaging 115 yards after the catch per game. This ranks 20th overall.

The teams with fewer yards after the catch are Tennessee, Carolina, Tampa Bay, New York Jets, Denver, Buffalo, Washington, Chicago, and Miami. That is as good a list of undesirable quarterback situations as you can find in the NFL.

To be fair, some name recognition quarterbacks have fewer yards after the catch than Prescott. This list includes Detroit’s Matthew Stafford, Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, and Philadelphia’s Carson Wentz.

Of course Stafford had a horrible line and didn’t play a full season, Wentz is over-rated, but his team was also battered and Lamar Jackson threw for 36 TDs on 1000 less yards than Dak and was the highest rated passer on drop-backs. Teams like Tennessee benched their QB and Tannehil came in and led many of the QB ratings overall, as one of the above articles I posted the link to above amply demonstrate.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No, QBs that are good don’t struggle that much if they lose one skilled player. That’s I didn’t say he struggled, I said he was pretty much AWFUL.

And what I stated was Dak was setting QC levels of futility without Cooper which is a fact. And Quicy Carter didn’t have the roster, especially offensive line and RG that Dak did.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...at-hasnt-happened-since-quincy-carter-in-2003

and during this stretch of games you picked by chance i'm sure, you think Dak showed you who he truly is and was just putting on a good front last year with good games? I'm not sure what a 5 game stretch 2 years ago proves..... but i say again if you truly believe Dak and QC have the same talent you are on another level of ridiculous

khiladi

Reaction score
and during this stretch of games you picked by chance i'm sure, you think Dak showed you who he truly is and was just putting on a good front last year with good games? I'm not sure what a 5 game stretch 2 years ago proves..... but i say again if you truly believe Dak and QC have the same talent you are on another level of ridiculous

What I stated was a fact and nothing of what you provided change this reality. Without a skilled player, Dak goes from average to downright questionable to be starting.

And Dak stunk it up this year against good defenses and against teams like the Bears and Bills, where he padded his numbers in garbage time. All his red zone TDs essentially came in how first three outings, against horrible teams. I believe he was 10 of 15 in terms of trips. Then he was awful.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What I stated was a fact and nothing of what you provided change this reality. Without a skilled player, Dak goes from average to downright questionable to be starting.

And Dak stunk it up this year against good defenses and against teams like the Bears and Bills, where he padded his numbers in garbage time. All his red zone TDs essentially came in how first three outings, against horrible teams. I believe he was 10 of 15 in terms of trips. Then he was awful.

so it only counts when you say it counts because several people have posted the actual Garbage time stats and it doesn't match your story..... nothing you say changes that as its a fact see that's what stats are facts what really happened....your five game bad stretch must have led to Dak sucking that whole year right??? ooh wait no he ended up having a pretty good year.... those are facts printed in the books... again there are only a certain amount of people on here trying to change the facts and you are one of them.

and im sure you have the New England game on replay at your house constantly so you can say "see look how Dak didn't light up the patriots defense like the other 15 QB's they played did" there is a reason good defenses are called good defenses... if everyone lite them up they wouldn't be good now would they?

morat1959

Reaction score
I think we all want another SB, the difference in opinion around here is whats keeping us from it, I say its been coaching and your saying that its the QB.....did you like Romo?
I did not. IMO..he was better than Dak. Here’s my take on the difference in the 2. Romo had to carry an inept coaching staff. The same coaching staff with a few expectations, had to dumb down the offense for Dak.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I did not. IMO..he was better than Dak. Here’s my take on the difference in the 2. Romo had to carry an inept coaching staff. The same coaching staff with a few expectations, had to dumb down the offense for Dak.

I did like Romo and the same anchor he had Dak has had, if we dont move forward after the coaching change and Daks the problem ill be right in line with running him out of town. There are alot of problems from last year starting with the coaching Dak isnt even in the top 10 of our problems last year.

morat1959

Reaction score
I did like Romo and the same anchor he had Dak has had, if we dont move forward after the coaching change and Daks the problem ill be right in line with running him out of town. There are alot of problems from last year starting with the coaching Dak isnt even in the top 10 of our problems last year.
I don’t disagree that Dak wasn’t our main problem but I do think he’s in the top 4. 1.GM, 2.HC, 3.Defense and 4.QB. Just my 2 cents....