Twitter: Dak, our franchise leader, speaks about rehab while giving support and advice

RonnieT24

Reaction score
From just a QB standpoint Dak isn’t much of a prospect size maybe speed meh...arm blah. He definitely is a gamer and very tough. But he just isn’t a great prospect and his ceiling as a QB Has just about
been hit. He doesn’t make all the throws and lately he misses the really easy ones. He tried to hard to fit the ball into small windows for the sake of proving he has a elite arm...he’s a good player. And if we get Lawrence a solid stop gap QB.

So the guy completing 68% of his passes for one of the highest yards per attempt in the league was "missing easy throws?" Seriously? He tried to fit the ball in small windows for the sake of proving blah blah blah? Dude you can't be serious. I have never met Dak.. I have only been within a hundred feet of him once and that was when he ran by the tunnel at the 49er stadium.. but I have seen and heard enough from him to know that this guy doesn't spend a nanosecond "trying to prove" anything except that he can win games. That's his first, second, third and fourth priority. I'm sure he gets some satisfaction from proving all the experts who talk down his abilities wrong but I can all but guarantee it has no bearing on what he does on the field. Elite arm? really? Who cares about "elite arm?" There are 5000 guys with an "elite arm" who have fallen flat on their face in the NFL. There is so much more to playing the position than that it aint even funny.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Carry on with your love fest, I'm done with this for awhile. There is nothing that Dak can do wrong in your mind so it like arguing with a statue.
I debate with people on this site about Dak all the time. Its just a handful of y'all who just bring up these dumb points. Then when you debate with you you constantly push the goal post back so yeah if you can't refrain from doing that its probably best you debate with someone else. Its just a childish way of debating.

No, I don't know how it works...I only went to the 7th grade. smh
That explains a lot I didn't know I was arguing with a child. My mistake.

Oh, they were worried that the great Dak would get hurt? But, I thought he was this indestructible tough guy. So, your saying they put Romo in so Superman would not get hurt? Got it. lmao

So young child why do you think they sat Dak for ROmo but then started Dak the next game? :laugh:

blumayne38

Reaction score
Haha....now you are hyping up a Romo touchdown in garbage time when no one cared about winning that game lol...hell the only reason he got in the game was because they sat Dak so he wouldn't get hurt lol....
Looked wayyyy better then dak. And everyone in the team knew it. Garrett just didn’t wanna do that to romo. I figure Garrett thought he was making the right choice by sticking with dak. But we know that wasn’t the right choice. Romo deserved to play that second nfc division match against green bay. Probably would have been better.
So the guy completing 68% of his passes for one of the highest yards per attempt in the league was "missing easy throws?" Seriously? He tried to fit the ball in small windows for the sake of proving blah blah blah? Dude you can't be serious. I have never met Dak.. I have only been within a hundred feet of him once and that was when he ran by the tunnel at the 49er stadium.. but I have seen and heard enough from him to know that this guy doesn't spend a nanosecond "trying to prove" anything except that he can win games. That's his first, second, third and fourth priority. I'm sure he gets some satisfaction from proving all the experts who talk down his abilities wrong but I can all but guarantee it has no bearing on what he does on the field. Elite arm? really? Who cares about "elite arm?" There are 5000 guys with an "elite arm" who have fallen flat on their face in the NFL. There is so much more to playing the position than that it aint even funny.
So why try and fit balls into windows that are way to small?? And as for missing the easy throws he definitely did. And I have seen him do it many times on simple check downs. There definitely is more to playing QB then a elite arm, but you can’t be a mechanic without the tools. He is missing the very tool he needs, to be the player he wants to perceive Himself to be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's also 4th all time in QB rating....but he can't throw they say.....:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Looked wayyyy better then dak. And everyone in the team knew it. Garrett just didn’t wanna do that to romo. I figure Garrett thought he was making the right choice by sticking with dak. But we know that wasn’t the right choice. Romo deserved to play that second nfc division match against green bay. Probably would have been better.

So why try and fit balls into windows that are way to small?? And as for missing the easy throws he definitely did. And I have seen him do it many times on simple check downs. There definitely is more to playing QB then a elite arm, but you can’t be a mechanic without the tools. He is missing the very tool he needs, to be the player he wants to perceive Himself to be.
When did Romo look better than him? In 2015 it wasn't like Romo was lighting it on fire prior to getting hurt. Oh he beat up on a bad Eagles team for one series...put him in the HALL!!!! You sound crazy lol...

blumayne38

Reaction score
When did Romo look better than him? In 2015 it wasn't like Romo was lighting it on fire prior to getting hurt. Oh he beat up on a bad Eagles team for one series...put him in the HALL!!!! You sound crazy lol...
TakeS one to know one I guess

blumayne38

Reaction score
He's also 4th all time in QB rating....but he can't throw they say.....:laugh:
You remember when Jerry and co said dak didn’t need a #1 WR. That he would spread the ball around. And we cut Dez. How did that work out? :laugh:

RonnieT24

Reaction score

So he's missing all these throws but still completing 68% of his passes in a down the field passing attack? It aint like the Cowboys run the WCO or one of these throw it to the running back 100 times a year offenses. This offense throws it down the field as its primary mode of attack. He also had 4 interceptions when he went down. And he has one of the lowest INT percentages for QBs in modern history. Lower than "elite arm" having guys like Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Kurt Warner to name a few. You would think a guy trying to "fit balls into windows that are way too small" would throw a lot of INTs.. You know.. like Romo did.. But are you saying that a more accurate QB would complete like 75-80% of his passes in this offense? Kinda like Dalton is doing? ..

Oh..

Wait..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So if they do that doesn't that mean the Cowboys have to take back salary lol? Honest question....
Football is not basketball. Minnesota just traded with Jacksonville for a defensive end on the tag for a second round pick. The Ravens then traded a 3rd and 5th for him. I think Dak will resign with Dallas but I am concerned about his agent wanting a break the bank deal.

blumayne38

Reaction score
So he's missing all these throws but still completing 68% of his passes in a down the field passing attack? It aint like the Cowboys run the WCO or one of these throw it to the running back 100 times a year offenses. This offense throws it down the field as its primary mode of attack. He also had 4 interceptions when he went down. And he has one of the lowest INT percentages for QBs in modern history. Lower than "elite arm" having guys like Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Kurt Warner to name a few. You would think a guy trying to "fit balls into windows that are way too small" would throw a lot of INTs.. You know.. like Romo did.. But are you saying that a more accurate QB would complete like 75-80% of his passes in this offense? Kinda like Dalton is doing? ..

Oh..

Wait..
He didn’t get the name dink and dak for nothing...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Football is not basketball. Minnesota just traded with Jacksonville for a defensive end on the tag for a second round pick. The Ravens then traded a 3rd and 5th for him. I think Dak will resign with Dallas but I am concerned about his agent wanting a break the bank deal.
Ahhh okay so if the Cowboys re-signed Dak outside of the franchise tag doesn't that mean they'll take a huge cap hit?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is a strange take given that Dak was drafted as a project to EVENTUALLY replace Romo. Year one or year three, at some point Dak was going to be given the reigns to this team or at least the opportunity to earn it. As for why Dak has always been the guy behind the starters.. I'm sure you already know the answer to that. One, Dak is not a "pretty" QB.. He's built different than most guys as the position and he delivers the ball differently. Some idiot "experts" and "fans" get too caught up in how it looks and don't focus enough on the end result. The second reason is that Dak apparently is not a great practice player.. He's just one of those guys who needs to have the lights on to perform at his best. There is no explanation for why some guys are like that, but it's absolutely a real thing. Once the ish gets real they just find a different gear. Dak is such a guy. Even this year there were reports that Dalton was outperforming him in practice.. which had the Dak haters all aflutter. Then the season started and Dak started breaking records.. so that bunch had to start rooting for us to lose or for Dak to get hurt so they could see their hero, who in their estimation is a "real QB" and who would pilot the offense to even greater heights.. Well they got two out of three right.. We ARE losing and Dak IS hurt.. as for that last one.. well.. you know.. You can't have everything..
Well dak was not drafted as the future qb of the cowboys lol, he was a project and mainly as a bkup and with no injuries, he would have been # 3 !
Cowboys had him behind kellen, going into the season, then dak used his voodoo dolls to snap kellens ankle, and jam tonys back, and walla !
He was the starter!
There was no plan for Dak , he used voodoo, and then took advantage of his being the starter, which was said early on , just until tony could be ready to play.
Problem was after losing his first game dak started winning and won 7 in a row, and at that point tony was ready, but dak had just dazzled the jones boys
and fans!
Or was he using that voodoo again, maybe he is a jedi , uses that mind control stuff !:p:popcorn: