Dak outplayed Goff

sunalsorises

Reaction score
If either Dak of Goff would have right Gallup somewhat in stride then Dallas would have come away with points at the end of the half.

Those types of missed opportunities are hard to swallow and for better or worse, that’s what you get with Dak.

To be fair, that was a nice play to hit Gallup down to the two yard line.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goff will ultimately be the reason the Rams lose to the Saints..........and they WILL lose to the Saints.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Goff didn't need to do much, his running backs were eating our lunch.
Defense got mowed......... like a putting green.

Can't believe how bad the#5 run defense looked.

Like a city league unit.

They took Vandy and Jaylon to school.

CJ Anderson? Seriously?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Last night Dak made plays just as often or more as Goff did. The difference was he didn’t have the running game the Rams did.

So, like myself and most are saying, Goff didn't need to make as many plays and therefor didnt. Dak was also going against one of the 19th pass defenses in the league, whil Goff was going against the 7th. I mean, this argument can go round and round. I'm simply stating the other side.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
While at the game it sure didn’t feel like it. We had some drives 2nd and 3rd Q where Dak was woefully off. I’m not saying he was bad but all the fans around us were muttering the same thing. Overall though the D with zero pressure and no ability to stop the run lost it

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Change my mind

Dak- 20-32... 266yds .....1TD..... 1Rushing TD
Goff- 15-28 ....186yds.......0TD

The scoreboard says otherwise

Dak's win total is regularly hailed by you and the sniffer crowd as evidence of his superiority

Wins are the only stat that matters, say you

Goff was the better quarterback yesterday. The scoreboard doesn't lie

Proof

Reaction score
Once again, Dak is not the problem.

It’s his incessantly insufferable fanboi club that ironically puts a target on his back.

They’re called Cowboy fans. And surprisingly this Cowboy fan message board runs rampant with them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, like myself and most are saying, Goff didn't need to make as many plays and therefor didnt. Dak was also going against one of the 19th pass defenses in the league, whil Goff was going against the 7th. I mean, this argument can go round and round. I'm simply stating the other side.

Goff not needing to make as many plays doesn’t mean Dak didn’t make plays, or that Dak stood ther “like a deer in the headlights”. Dak didn’t load the entire team on his back, but he did his job well without support from the running game or defense.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The scoreboard says otherwise

Dak's win total is regularly hailed by you and the sniffer crowd as evidence of his superiority

Wins are the only stat that matters, say you

Goff was the better quarterback yesterday. The scoreboard doesn't lie

As the Tuna use to say, you are what your record says you are.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
There is only one rule to being a true fan. Once you become a fan to a team, no matter how bad the times get, you're still a fan. I mean people who stuck through the gaily, campo eras must be real fans no matter if they tend to criticize or be homers and such. Some off us just don't blindly buy into things.
Oh I agree but some try to silence criticism by saying you're not a fan. Like you said if we been here this long we are all fans how ever we go about complaining or not complaining.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Goff didn't need to do much, his running backs were eating our lunch.
this is what happened. all goff had to do was drive the bus and not screw up. next week if he plays the saints he will have to play better because the next team will be ready for the rams running game.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Dak nearly threw another pick 6 in the playoffs
Dak threw several behind the WR running full speed

IDGAD what Goff did
hopefully in the offseason workouts Prescott can work on this. hopefully he will have a new qb coach but I really doubt that happens. I have a bad feeling that linehan and his boy wonder will back again next year so more of the same.

Southern0005

Reaction score
Change my mind

Dak- 20-32... 266yds .....1TD..... 1Rushing TD
Goff- 15-28 ....186yds.......0TD
Dak should have been picked 3 times one for 6 points..his passing was trash beside a hope and prayer pass to Gallup. Goff moved the ball way more efficiently and at will on passing and the run game for Rams made Zeke look like a waste.

Ken

Reaction score
Said it so many times.. in already broke it down for you in detail in ny original post in this thread except made one mistake.

Instead of him going 9 for 9 on the final drive, it was 6 for 8. He actually ran for the TD on the final play of that drive which I counted as a pass. He was bailed out on a cheap ticky tack PI call on Talib when he did his awful pocket presence dance and sailed a dud that was uncatcheable on a 4th and 3. I counted that PI as an actual completion originally and I counted a pass to a covered Zeke on a checkdown pass as a completion, showing how comservative he was, not throwing at all at the sidelines or deeper.

All the stats are listed in detail in Pro Reference in the full play by play.

Sorry to hurt your feelings but it is what it is. Dak’s stats including his QBR were affected by garbage time, stat padding.
Wow...your blind hate makes you completely lose any ability to think rationally. "Garbage time" is pulling the team to within 1 score of tying the game in the 3rd quarter. Amazing.

And if you think that the PI was ticky tack, you are smoking crack. Dak made a great throw on that and if he wasn't interferred with, he catches it for the td.

And I don't know where you came up with your methodology for stat tracking but it is horrific. He had EXACTLY 1 Drive in the 4th quarter (he was 5-7)and it came with a little over 7 minutes left in the game. The defense was sooooo bad that they only got the ball once and scored on that drive. Pathetic.

Keep painting performing great when it matters as a bad thing..

Ken

Reaction score
Dak should have been picked 3 times one for 6 points..his passing was trash beside a hope and prayer pass to Gallup. Goff moved the ball way more efficiently and at will on passing and the run game for Rams made Zeke look like a waste.
Other than the dropped pick 6, where are these other two? You guys are amazing with the hate...

JustChip

Reaction score
Notice you didnt put team rushing stats up there. Goff didnt have to outplay Dak but when it comes to ball placement it was no contest (Not Dak).

You did see Goff throw it at the feet and behind his receivers, right? Stats aside, if you watched the game, Goff had just as many terrible passes as Dak, probably more. Mahomes threw over and behind receivers (I believe it was Watkins that made a fantastic one-handed catch on a ball way behind him.).