Twitter: Dak pass to Amari TD traveled 46 yards in the air

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Great route. Great protection. Great throw. Great catch. Gotta love it when a play works to perfection.

giphy.gif
Pollard had a great blitz pick up. He got sat on his *** but made a great block.

khiladi

Reaction score
I mean anybody familiar with Dak already knows he can throw deep, when he knows where he is going with it. I’ve said if about a million times. It’s his anticipation to throw to spots in zones which sucks, which he really hasn’t been challenged with, especially with all these weapons. That’s why he drops when it comes to the second progression

The only game he was which reflects it this year, was the Chargers and he tossed for a whopping 170 yards minus the useless dump off to CeeDee that netted 40 yards to end the half. And then you have the play last Sunday where he missed a wide open Schultz in the first half, because he immediately went to the flat, because Panthers showed man and dropped into zone.

The whole first half Dak was struggling. He was missing WRs everywhere and he was 50 percentile at one point, like 9 for 16. What changed the course of the game is the same as what it’s always been. They came out and basically force fed Zeke and basically every TD came with dudes wide open.

That’s what happened on this play. The Cowboys were basically blowing holes open on that side of line. The CB was clearly aligned for the same run against. So shifting Amari basically forced the CB to guard him in man and Dak knew from pre-snap he had man and where to go. 34 the deep safety actually comes up, because he was looking the same run play. And you guess it? Pollard actually runs from the left side of Dak right behind ZAch Martin, where Dallas basically was getting its chunks of yardage right up to this play.

Moore basically is dictating what he wants, because of how loaded this team is.

The main difference between this year and others, is Moore’s consistent reliance on the run, particularly in the zone coverages that is netting all this yardage.

It’s not complicated.

Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I mean anybody familiar with Dak already knows he can throw deep, when he knows where he is going with it. I’ve said if about a million times. It’s his anticipation to throw to spots in zones which sucks, which he really hasn’t been challenged with, especially with all these weapons. That’s why he drops when it comes to the second progression

The only game he was which reflects it this year, was the Chargers and he tossed for a whopping 170 yards minus the useless dump off to CeeDee that netted 40 yards to end the half. And then you have the play last Sunday where he missed a wide open Schultz in the first half, because he immediately went to the flat, because Panthers showed man and dropped into zone.

The whole first half Dak was struggling. He was missing WRs everywhere and he was 50 percentile at one point, like 9 for 16. What changed the course of the game is the same as what it’s always been. They came out and basically force fed Zeke and basically every TD came with dudes wide open.

That’s what happened on this play. The Cowboys were basically blowing holes open on that side of line. The CB was clearly aligned for the same run against. So shifting Amari basically forced the CB to guard him in man and Dak knew from pre-snap he had man and where to go. 34 the deep safety actually comes up, because he was looking the same run play. And you guess it? Pollard actually runs from the left side of Dak right behind ZAch Martin, where Dallas basically was getting its chunks of yardage right up to this play.

The main difference between this year and others, is Moore’s consistent reliance on the run, particularly in the zone coverages that is netting all this yardage.

It’s not complicated.
giphy.webp
giphy.webp

@CowboysFaninHouston what say u?

tunahelper

Reaction score

Great design in its simplicity. Attack the seams, edges, and run 88 underneath. The free safety has to pick his poison. The run game success draws the SS into the box. Dak is like a spider in waiting.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

It’s not complicated.

I hear everything that you are saying here, but how do you explain Dak’s game against the Bucs? A game which we abandoned the run and the Bucs played zone the whole game. Or am I wrong about the defense Tampa played most of the game? I swore it was a cover two zone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
several things wrong with his diatribe. or mouth diarrhea
I asked him what's his point with all this stuff? is he trying to prove Dak is not good against the zone? is that it? and then what? what if he is not good against the zone? what's the point? I have not heard back. the fact is he has no point, but trying to find some tiny pigeon hole to bash Dak. that's the agenda and there is no other point, so he makes up shiet as he goes....he admited its a message board and he wants to post something.......its rather stupid if you ask me. so what's the point of the diatribe? he can't tell you....where is he going with it? are is he arguing for the sake of arguing.....

2ndly he is probably referring to an article he found that shows statistics from 2018-2019. he is pounding that to death. I have said it a million times that 2018 was a tale of two halves of a season. first half was a disaster. the offense struggled badly and that's because Allen Hurns was the #1 WR (let that sink in) and then it was beasley who ran three routes from the slot in Garrett/linehan offense. we got cooper and the offense was #1 offense in the league...so you go from Allen hurns as your first read to Beasley...let that sink in......yeah, what do you expect to happen. you get cooper and you take advantage of cooper and get him the ball and he did get him the ball in second half of 2018.

3rdly, and no defense in today's NFL plays strictly zone or man one way or the other during the season or during a game. they switch around. they may play primarily one way or the other, but depending on the game and game situation they play different types..so you want to tell me this guy, with a simple mind like his, with an obvious agenda and no point to make..... is watching the game and instantly recognizes a zone, vs. man defense as its happening and unfolding (remember sometimes defenses are disguised and it shows after the play unfolds). He is actually claiming that SD switched defenses and that's when Dak had success and when Dak struggled....he flatly lied when he said dak went like 9/16......Dak only missed 3 passes up until last minute of the game that game and at one point he was 9/12.....so yeah he makes up ********* as he goes along....he didn't toss 170 yards minus a 40 yard play....he had 237 yards...take that 40 yard play out and its almost 200 yards.....so is he serious with that stuff? and in that last minute, 3 straight missed passes inside a minute...they played man defense......so there is that!!

half the shiet he claims to know about this stuff are in the first page of google results he finds....sometimes word for word. fact is he has no clue what he is talking about...seriosuly...he is watching game and deciphering defenses on the fly or is he telling us he is watching film afterward and analyzing the game and defenses? .. you want to tell me he knows more than NFL defesive coordinators and head coaches who have spent decades mastering their craft, get paid to do this 24x7 and some have won championships (ala tampa)? ....that he figured something about Dak and how to defend against him....by just googlinga single article from some obscure guy, and these DCs missed it? really!!!? you going there with this? you want to tell me the carolina DC had success against Dak and decided to switch it up!!! so that Dak has success...really...is that the angle!!!

btw, if they played zone defense, which is designed to stop big plays and big gains...he completed 85% of his passes against chargers.....so I guess yards are all that matter now....until the next argument, where yards are irrelevant....

and this is where he and few others like him speak from both sides of their mouth or perhaps some from their bottom hole. on the one hand, they blame Dak for changing plays to pass plays so he can pad his stats (yes, somebody actually said that) and then they say that Moore is calling run plays and "because"...QBs are often given a run play and a pass play and depending on the defensive line up, they change plays. even sometime they change routes for WRs as the defensive line up shifts....and Dak has had that freedom. against Tampa, we couldn't run, and they were loading the box, he changed a lot of plays to pass plays and we passed successfully (dammn you Zeurline). against Chargers, Philly and Carolina they were dropping into coverage to take away the big play and the pass, so he went with the run play....that's being smart...its not about padding stats (as some have accused), but doing and making the right call to help the team and offense succeed.

so yeah, these guys point to a different goal post depending on which argument they are arguing at the time...you can't have it both ways.

@khiladi has no clue what he is talking about. he is obviously making stuff up as he goes along....lying as he goes to try and win an argument with no point

Last edited:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Mahomes and Josh Allen can both throw it 80+ yards. It’s lovely that we now have threads celebrating a single throw as if it’s historic........remember when success used to be measured in playoff wins?

You know very well it wasn't just about the distance that Dak threw. The defense was bearing down on him and it was a very accurate and successful pass for a touchdown to our amazing route running genius, magnet-hands receiver Amari Cooper. The only reason some posters are pointing out the distance of Dak's throw is because he has been unfairly maligned by certain posters as not being able to throw deep, nor accurately. Statistically he is right up there with elite quarterbacks throwing deep and accurately within the confines of the NFL football playing field.

Proximo

Reaction score
Mahomes and Josh Allen can both throw it 80+ yards. It’s lovely that we now have threads celebrating a single throw as if it’s historic........remember when success used to be measured in playoff wins?

Who’s celebrating it as if it’s a historic throw?
All I see is a handful of folks giving some credit for a beautifully executed TD pass.

Success measured in playoff wins??
No one is winning playoff games in September or October.
Why even watch the regular season if you’re going to behave this way?

khiladi

Reaction score
I hear everything that you are saying here, but how do you explain Dak’s game against the Bucs? A game which we abandoned the run and the Bucs played zone the whole game. Or am I wrong about the defense Tampa played most of the game? I swore it was a cover two zone.

They didn’t. They played pretty man the whole game and went zone late. Tampa was bringing the blitz and didn’t even begin to shift he’ll over the top, while getting zero pressure for almost three quarters. People really don’t appreciate how good this OL and RG is. In that game we threw if like 56 times and got sacked maybe 1, despite brining an extra rusher. Zeke was a monster in picking up the blitz. Dak and Amari were basically playing pitch and catch on the sideline routes and even CC was pointing out this fact.

That being said, the difference nowadays is Moore’s consistent running downhill, particular against the zones. Zeke and Pollard basically run for over 5 YPC behind Zach Martin. The Giants drafted Barkley to basically force teams to stop defending them in cover 2, but he couldn’t do it and hasn’t as far as his career in NY. Zeke haters, even in his “bad seasons” don’t realize that the RG and OL was still giving us all these man looks. It’s just that we decided for some reason to not do it. If you go back to 2019, our best game against a solid defense was the Rams, where both Zeke and Pollard netted over 200 yards and AD couldn’t sniff our backfield. We had lost 3 games in a row with our passing game a laughing stock, despite the hit start. This game was clear testimony of what this offense gets when it’s driven by that type of playcalling. Then we played the Eagles, who sucked, ran it only 13 times, threw it 44 times and put up 9 points.

If your running game is that good, you are forcing even zones to play closer to the line, including your LBs and bring a man in the box. This RG then puts the offense in manageable situations and the OC can call run or pass on plays that can dictate both.

That’s the main difference your seeing now than past. This team has too many weapons that surround the QB. You can pretty much watch Dak In man coverage and just look at his eyes. You can where he is going pretty much everytime and most often it’s Amari if he’s on the outside with no safety help. He’s very predictable in that regard.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Cooper probably had 0.3 yards of separation before his little nudge pushoff to clear some space, lol. Said it in the game thread that it was perfect for getting space and not getting flagged. WR hand play is so underrated.

As for the throw, this is the kind of stuff I like seeing from Dak. Russell Wilson is the best at it and it's such a great weapon for getting points fast when you need a jump start or need to get back in a game when you're down. Honing this craft will serve Dak very well as I think it separates the higher echelon QBs from the others. Hope to see more.

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score

That whole sequence of QBing is more impressive than the long accurate pass. Dak does a little shoulder fake to give Coop to do his double move and then Dak turns around to hold the safety in the middle before throwing that dime. Dare I say "Elite"?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
several things wrong with his diatribe. or mouth diarrhea
I asked him what's his point with all this stuff? is he trying to prove Dak is not good against the zone? is that it? and then what? what if he is not good against the zone? what's the point? I have not heard back. the fact is he has no point, but trying to find some tiny pigeon hole to bash Dak. that's the agenda and there is no other point, so he makes up shiet as he goes....he admited its a message board and he wants to post something.......its rather stupid if you ask me. so what's the point of the diatribe? he can't tell you....where is he going with it? are is he arguing for the sake of arguing.....

2ndly he is probably referring to an article he found that shows statistics from 2018-2019. he is pounding that to death. I have said it a million times that 2018 was a tale of two halves of a season. first half was a disaster. the offense struggled badly and that's because Allen Hurns was the #1 WR (let that sink in) and then it was beasley who ran three routes from the slot in Garrett/linehan offense. we got cooper and the offense was #1 offense in the league...so you go from Allen hurns as your first read to Beasley...let that sink in......yeah, what do you expect to happen. you get cooper and you take advantage of cooper and get him the ball and he did get him the ball in second half of 2018.

3rdly, and no defense in today's NFL plays strictly zone or man one way or the other during the season or during a game. they switch around. they may play primarily one way or the other, but depending on the game and game situation they play different types..so you want to tell me this guy, with a simple mind like his, with an obvious agenda and no point to make..... is watching the game and instantly recognizes a zone, vs. man defense as its happening and unfolding (remember sometimes defenses are disguised and it shows after the play unfolds). He is actually claiming that SD switched defenses and that's when Dak had success and when Dak struggled....he flatly lied when he said dak went like 9/16......Dak only missed 3 passes up until last minute of the game that game and at one point he was 9/12.....so yeah he makes up ********* as he goes along....he didn't toss 170 yards minus a 40 yard play....he had 237 yards...take that 40 yard play out and its almost 200 yards.....so is he serious with that stuff? and in that last minute, 3 straight missed passes inside a minute...they played man defense......so there is that!!

half the shiet he claims to know about this stuff are in the first page of google results he finds....sometimes word for word. fact is he has no clue what he is talking about...seriosuly...he is watching game and deciphering defenses on the fly or is he telling us he is watching film afterward and analyzing the game and defenses? .. you want to tell me he knows more than NFL defesive coordinators and head coaches who have spent decades mastering their craft, get paid to do this 24x7 and some have won championships (ala tampa)? ....that he figured something about Dak and how to defend against him....by just googlinga single article from some obscure guy, and these DCs missed it? really!!!? you going there with this? you want to tell me the carolina DC had success against Dak and decided to switch it up!!! so that Dak has success...really...is that the angle!!!

btw, if they played zone defense, which is designed to stop big plays and big gains...he completed 85% of his passes against chargers.....so I guess yards are all that matter now....until the next argument, where yards are irrelevant....

and this is where he and few others like him speak from both sides of their mouth or perhaps some from their bottom hole. on the one hand, they blame Dak for changing plays to pass plays so he can pad his stats (yes, somebody actually said that) and then they say that Moore is calling run plays and "because"...QBs are often given a run play and a pass play and depending on the defensive line up, they change plays. even sometime they change routes for WRs as the defensive line up shifts....and Dak has had that freedom. against Tampa, we couldn't run, and they were loading the box, he changed a lot of plays to pass plays and we passed successfully (dammn you Zeurline). against Chargers, Philly and Carolina they were dropping into coverage to take away the big play and the pass, so he went with the run play....that's being smart...its not about padding stats (as some have accused), but doing and making the right call to help the team and offense succeed.

so yeah, these guys point to a different goal post depending on which argument they are arguing at the time...you can't have it both ways.

@khiladi has no clue what he is talking about. he is obviously making stuff up as he goes along....lying as he goes to try and win an argument with no point

Need more more text….

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice pass but, isn't that his job?
Yes, but if he stunk up the job, by throwing a poor pass that was incomplete or intercepted, somebody would surely post a thread about it. Since he made an excellent pass that turned into a TD, it doesn't hurt to have a thread about it, as well.