Dak permanently has quieted the doubters

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
His passes were crisp, his passes were accurate, his passes were long or short or what ever the situation called for. He shred the Super Bowl champions for over a 70% completion % and 403 yards. He’s not getting the respect he deserves. I understand from the haters like Smear, Army dude, CL, Va and others but he out dueled the GOAT. Haters will say “but he lost”. Well he didn’t lose. Special teams lost. Lambs 3 dropped passes lost. Special Teams allowing a short field for Brady lost. THE OFFENSE DIDNT LOSE!!

Permanently?
Seriously, cheerleader for Dak?
That lad had a GREAT game. Yet there are 16 more to go before his doubters (me among them) can climb aboard the lorry ride or say I told you so after a so-so season.
His doubters, as you kindly and diplomatically say, are not silenced by one game.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score

The question shouldn't just be would you take Dak over Brady, it should be what would the rest of the league do if they were given the choice of Dak over their current QB?

Dak was terrific against Tampa, he's always been a leader, I don't think anyone has ever argued against that but he was cool, calm, passing range, touch.....everything was on the money. Sure he'll misplace the odd pass and will have bad games (all QBs do) but he's a winner, a warrior but he's more than that, he plays the QB position really really well.

Do you think Washington, Philly and NY fans (and back office) aren't sitting right now thinking I really wish he was our QB? I know I would in their shoes.

Ask that same question to all other teams in the league, I honestly think most of them would say the same.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession or the need to use the word haters for those you disagree with. If you can't stand them, then ignore them instead of calling them names. Focus on the positive. But you just keep on keeping on as part of Rockport's hater army.

For what's it worth, I've never expressed any hatred toward Dak, fly. I've expressed doubts in the past about his ability to be a franchise quarterback, but I stopped doubting that a year ago. And I have no problem with this contract because it is the cost of doing business in this league.
:starspin::clap::starspin:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Permanently?
Seriously, cheerleader for Dak?
That lad had a GREAT game. Yet there are 16 more to go before his doubters (me among them) can climb aboard the lorry ride or say I told you so after a so-so season.
His doubters, as you kindly and diplomatically say, are not silenced by one game.
He isnt the best QB in the league now and probably never will be.

He will have his share of tough games.

But the idea that we have no shot at all to win with him is ridiculous. Some people truly believe that.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Permanently?

Roger Staubach SB VI MVP HOF'er
Troy Aikman SB XXVII MVP HOF'er

This is the standard Dallas Cowboy fans expect from their QB...why should we settle for less now?
I think until Dak holds up the Lombardi trophy as a SB MVP there will continue to be doubters about his play like it or not.
I think Dak is certainly capable of joining Roger and Troy, but this team has to get to the SB first.
If this defense continues to improve and getting 4 turnovers was a great start...there's a chance for this team to do it.
I predicted a 12-5 record this year, so obviously I think we have a chance to get it done.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just one more for you Rockpoop and this guy is a massive Dak homer....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve been calling these guys trolls all year and I get met with criticism. These guys have been here all summer long terrorizing members on this site and now they are ghost? Why? Cowboys lost right? They don’t seem to care about that. It was all about whether or not Dak looked good so they could gloat. I expect nothing from these guys they are showing me exactly who they are. Trolls.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trolling as usual…..nothing to see here. Go post clips of Cowerd he trolls members like you with his hot takes lol.

Big Brother has spoken......:rolleyes:....Look away as reality hurts!!!

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Dak was awesome and thankful to have him as QB but how did he out duel Brady? Brady won and Brady didn’t hold the ball, run backwards and take a sack to get out of FG range like Dak did that one time. As slow as Brady is he knows how to avoid sacks by throwing away.

leeblair

Reaction score
His passes were crisp, his passes were accurate, his passes were long or short or what ever the situation called for. He shred the Super Bowl champions for over a 70% completion % and 403 yards. He’s not getting the respect he deserves. I understand from the haters like Smear, Army dude, CL, Va and others but he out dueled the GOAT. Haters will say “but he lost”. Well he didn’t lose. Special teams lost. Lambs 3 dropped passes lost. Special Teams allowing a short field for Brady lost. THE OFFENSE DIDNT LOSE!!
No.
Dak did what Dak has done in the past- lost.
While you Dak fans celebrate what you perceive to be a win, Dak is still Dak and he still plays to the moment if the team is doing well.
But when the Cowboys need him to be the difference, he'll do what he's always done- disappear- and let the media blame someone else!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldn’t win with a +3 turnover differential. I wouldn’t be gloating. Dak homers are becoming as insufferable as Romo homers.

The quarterback owned that game. And he arguably out-dueled the GOAT. The Football dunces who continue to try to bash him deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.

But most of them just go into hiding.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The quarterback owned that game. And he arguably out-dueled the GOAT. The Football dunces who continue to try to bash him deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.

But most of them just go into hiding.
And when he plays like crap, will the homers deserve to have their noses rubbed in it?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And when he plays like crap, will the homers deserve to have their noses rubbed in it?
It’s sad that this is what the Dak debate has come to. Just waiting for a poor performance in order to “gloat”. I’ve said it time and time again I don’t get how you guys find the time to root for the Cowboys with this time of attitude.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak did look good, but he wasn't great and he wasn't elite. Elite QB's find a way to put a W in the win column. Like Brady did and has done for 21 years.

The mantra of the Dak homer club is 'it's a team game', and they're right. Then explain why when the team wins a game it's all about how Dak was this awesome field general who put the team on his back and carried them to a win, but when they lose like they did on Thursday, we see threads like this one about how Dak did his part, it was everyone else around him who let the team and the fans down. If it's a 'team' game, win or lose, then stick with it and stop with the name calling. Sure, the kicker missed a field goal, but what if any of Dak's drives that ended in a punt or turnover had resulted in a TD instead? The end result is a win, right?

So if Brady would’ve lost then we would’ve went with the narrative he’s not elite anymore?
And we can play the what if game the opposite way. What if Godwin doesn’t drop a touchdown or fumble? That’s 14 points missing….

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Those ‘homers’ will still have four years-plus worth of stats to clobber the dummies. As they have for years.
Yeah, I clobbered Romo haters with stats for years back when he was playing. They got the last laugh. They said the Cowboys would never win with Romo as QB and they were right.

Stats won’t shut haters up. Never has, never will. The only thing that shuts them up is winning. Sometimes even that doesn’t do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.