Dak permanently has quieted the doubters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It’s sad that this is what the Dak debate has come to. Just waiting for a poor performance in order to “gloat”. I’ve said it time and time again I don’t get how you guys find the time to root for the Cowboys with this time of attitude.
The gloating posts occur every week.You think this is something new?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I clobbered Romo haters with stats for years back when he was playing. They got the last laugh. They said the Cowboys would never win with Romo as QB and they were right.

Stats won’t shut haters up. Never has, never will. The only thing that shuts them up is winning. Sometimes even that doesn’t do the trick.

Then let them look like the morons they clearly are. Anyone blaming Dak Prescott for this team’s issues and wins or losses simply confirms that they have zero credibility and don’t know what they’re talking about.

blueblood70

Reaction score
His passes were crisp, his passes were accurate, his passes were long or short or what ever the situation called for. He shred the Super Bowl champions for over a 70% completion % and 403 yards. He’s not getting the respect he deserves. I understand from the haters like Smear, Army dude, CL, Va and others but he out dueled the GOAT. Haters will say “but he lost”. Well he didn’t lose. Special teams lost. Lambs 3 dropped passes lost. Special Teams allowing a short field for Brady lost. THE OFFENSE DIDNT LOSE!!
not all of them some ive seen on FB are blaming his for taking those sacks nd throwing's the ball too hard to CD on that int and say its his fault they didn't score more tds..lmao..no one will ever be 100% quieted,

i myself went from liking dak and feeling hes was nice starting qb but not overly impressed, had him ranked around 8-10 amongst starting qbs to making an argument that he could be 5th now but we still have to see the likes of Allen and Lamar and Herbert/Mayfield play some of the others etc this season but dak impressed me Thursday...this is coming from a Hard Core tony Romo fan and that takes a lot of will to say that..I still feel romo was better qb in many ways but all in all Dak has moved himself into that class in my mind anyways..

1.Mahomes
2.Rogers
3. Brady
4.Wilson
5. take pick Allen, Dak, Watson if he ever comes back.
8.TBD
9. TBD
10 TBD

a lot of football to be played to fil in those

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak certainly proved he's a $40 million QB
no-one proves they earn that kind of monopoly money to real normal citizens in the grind LOL but definitly proves hes among the top5-10 qbs in the league and they also make that kind of money..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Then let them look like the morons they clearly are. Anyone blaming Dak Prescott for this team’s issues and wins or losses simply confirms that they have zero credibility and don’t know what they’re talking about.
Seems like QB discussions always comes down to an all or nothing. Even while having a great game, Dak’s mistakes also had an impact on us coming up short Thursday night.

glimmerman

Reaction score
His passes were crisp, his passes were accurate, his passes were long or short or what ever the situation called for. He shred the Super Bowl champions for over a 70% completion % and 403 yards. He’s not getting the respect he deserves. I understand from the haters like Smear, Army dude, CL, Va and others but he out dueled the GOAT. Haters will say “but he lost”. Well he didn’t lose. Special teams lost. Lambs 3 dropped passes lost. Special Teams allowing a short field for Brady lost. THE OFFENSE DIDNT LOSE!!
We lost the game. Our kicker needs to be better. But he played very well.

terra

Reaction score
The offense did not win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Brady earned his elite status by kicking butt for 21 years and winning 7 super bowls. Only a Dak homer would take that away from him if he were to have one bad game. Dak has piled up decent stats over the past 16 games, I have no problem admitting to that. But how many championships has all of Daks stats lead to? Aikman averaged 200 to 250 yards a game, which is not impressive at all by today's standards, but he was considered elite because he won a ton of games and 3 super bowls.

Yeah for Dak, he continues to pile up stats that do nothing for anyone but his fantasy football followers.

put Dak or romo on those 90s championship teams , they still win them..its a team Game and Aikman didn't have to put out gaudy stats did he??

you made rocks argument for him..

those around or last two great qbs have failed them not the other way aropund..no qbs prefect dont just use yards Aikman RS numbers he threw far too many INTS I mean when tony Romo has nearly twice the tds and less INTS(that less ints in case you needed to check) over the same period of time then that proves he could have easily been inserted into the 90s teams and won..it was coaching and the players surrounding Aikman that made Aikman's career..ES was this teams most elite talent but whn you have what 12+ HOF players and HOF coaches around you for run lkie they have it drags them all up with you..

you show me When Dak or romo had the Coaches and the players to the extent those 90s teams had and say well they count do what Aikman did, ill tell you you are hater troll of daks and or romos..

yes winning matters but having players and coaches who are there helping you win vs Dak and romo basically being the best players on their team with very little help around them.

Aikman played with the BEST players ands coaches a players could ever hope for.

im not saying dak or Romo were better talents then AIKMAN but they were very close and in a different situation, could have done the same..

I mean Dan marino never won a SB never one much more then stat sheet and made the HOF..it happens 2nd tier qbs on ridiculous teams like the 2000s ravens , or flaccos ravens and dilfers bucs i know romo and Dak are better qbs then those qbs and they got rings they won the gbgi games but not by themselves with TEAM a GREAT Team..

Eli same thing Dank and Romo are as good if not better then ELI yet he got the rings because his team was better Defense was suffocating like those ravens teams.

you think Nick foles is better then Dak or romo? yet they have a ring.. Kurt warner very good qb his team made him great odd short stop with the giants he sucked hard got cut ended up with the cardinals won anther ring didnt suck..foles what did he do withy any team NOT the eagles? looks like a bad qb a backup yet hes got a ring.

I understand career status typically measured by rings but there are instances you have to admit players careers were robbed by being in the wrong situations. I feel Bad for romo, LEE and witten ythose dudes deserved a ring were good enough to get a ring..

use you common sense brother, dak is good enough and fault all being laid at his feet like a lot of romo haters is just personal opinion and not fact..we can go al day with this thoughout history to find undeserving qbs who got rings and deserving qbs and other players who did not..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are some people so fixated on what other fans think of xyz player?

Dak having good stats in another loss only impressed those who already like him. Y'all hail his 2019 stats as some achievement when in reality they meant very little. It's pathetic. With the amount of time, money, resources they have spent on the offense we expect a better TD rate in the RedZone and if we have that then we likely win this game.

terra

Reaction score
Why are some people so fixated on what other fans think of xyz player?

Dak having good stats in another loss only impressed those who already like him. Y'all hail his 2019 stats as some achievement when in reality they meant very little. It's pathetic. With the amount of time, money, resources they have spent on the offense we expect a better TD rate in the RedZone and if we have that then we likely win this game.
Its just a case of people more interested in players rather than the team. Bottom line is we lost. Imagine what Jimmy Johnson would say to someone bragging about stats after losing a game? HE was a WINNER. THEY are losers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like QB discussions always comes down to an all or nothing. Even while having a great game, Dak’s mistakes also had an impact on us coming up short Thursday night.

I guess you would have to point those out specifically. Certainly in comparison to all of the plays he made to keep this team IN the game.

terra

Reaction score
I guess you would have to point those out specifically. Certainly in comparison to all of the plays he made to keep this team IN the game.
Remember that game against Denver when Peyton Manning was having his career year? Romo threw 5 tds but some here only remembered the pick he threw. Which came about because he was pressing

BECAUSE THE D COULD NOT FORCE EVEN ONE PUNT.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sure.
1. He under threw CeeDee on the first drive. You would like for Lamb to still bail him out with a good catch but a better ball there and we are set up around the 20. Note: this does not excuse Lamb’s blatant drop on the very next pay.
2. He took a bad sack putting us in bad down and distance in a drive which ultimately took us out of FG range.
3. He missed a wide open receiver in the middle of the end zone inside the 5, throwing to Zeke out wide. The ball was late and high preventing what probably should have been an easy TD.

These things also contribute to us coming up short and are two of the things haters have complained about…accuracy and red zone efficiency (and ignoring the middle of the field inside the 10).

I get Dak played a great game. I even made a thread saying he carried the team, but there are some legit criticisms too.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak don't go in the Red-Zone as it's the.........

603d9e10-8ed2-4d45-9f6f-27f02f7a1fd9_text.gif

for you.......and us, unfortunately!!!

Brax

Reaction score
troll alert

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak quarterback haters will never change their mind or admit he is good.

Its personal to them ....... just put them on ignore so they can be miserable by themselves.

This is true. I have decided to try my hardest to not engage in Dak debates anymore. There’s nothing you can say to some of these folks to get them to change.

some of them absolutely 100% do not want to change and do not want Dak to succeed because they’re so dug in.

Some have natural skepticism. Which is fine. But for some. It’s a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.