Dak played well enough to win

Nav22

Reaction score
You heralded Dak's overall game QBR of 92.5 as if saluting how well Dak played and now you insult someone for pointing out statistics:

QBR of Dak against Rams by Quarter:

1st 84.0

2nd 135.6

3rd 51.0

4th 61.4

The point the member was making that Dak played well in the 2nd Quarter yet especially in the 2nd half Dak did not play well.
QBR isn’t the same as passer rating. Your stats are incorrect.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Should have been attempted on 1st drive of second half. Thats why they kick off to start game so that have that opportunity right after half to set tone for rest of game. I thought Dak and play calling played like chicken little most of 2nd half.
Ya,, dont understand why this is so hard for some here to grasp.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Team sport, Know-Nothing.

“If Kobe Bryant was so healthy, why did he die???”

A great player puts the team on his back and carries the team to victory, despite bad calls, injuries to team mates etc. That was Kobe. Dak is not that guy.

If I could sum up Dak, I think he's a great leader, great guy and the best bus driver QB in the league, but he is who he is at this point. He needs a lot of help to beat even average teams.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Nav22

Reaction score
A great player puts the team on his back and carries the team to victory, despite bad calls, injuries to team mates etc. That was Kobe. Dak is not that guy.

If I could sum up Dak, I think he's a great leader, great guy and the best bus driver QB in the league, but he is who he is at this point. He needs a lot of help to beat even average teams. JMO.
LOLLLLL “that was Kobe”.... yeah, when Kobe had Phil Jackson, plus Shaq in his prime or the best frontcourt in the NBA.

When he didn’t have those things, he couldn’t win a single playoff series, even in the heart of his prime (2005-07).

Cool example.
:lmao2:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
@Nav22,, give it up, you lose today, and yesterday, and the day before, and the week before that, and the month before that...
Just open your eyes man, and stop the anger driven ignorance of your posts.

Nav22

Reaction score
@Nav22,, give it up, you lose today, and yesterday, and the day before, and the week before that, and the month before that...
Dak makes $31.4m to play football this year and has the 9th-best QBR in the NFL.

You’re crying about his play on a message board, when not a SINGLE analyst has pinned the loss on him.

Who’s the loser again?

1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak makes $31.4m to play football this year and has the 9th-best QBR in the NFL.

You’re crying about his play on a message board, when not a SINGLE analyst has pinned the loss on him.

Who’s the loser again?

1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.
Every time you post you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
As i posted in the other thread. I'm a fan of dak. I want him to succeed.

However. What worries me is this? Your going to give 40 mil to this guy and he can't win with this team. A team with a solid oline, solid wideouts and solid running back? A team that no longer has garret. In a division that isn't good.

Think about that for a second. If he can't win with this team, this year how is he going to win in the future? If he can't elevate talent around him, how is he going to look when there is less talent on the team because of his 40 million dollar contract?

I think thats a perfectly legitimate question to ask of a guy asking for the money dak is. A guy who has won nothing in this league. He is good, but we need him to be great. If he wants big money mediocrity is no longer an option.

Nav22

Reaction score
Every time you post you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
Yeah, that’s totally what’s happening.

9 pages and still not a SINGLE analyst who pinned the loss on Dak, which is what I asked for in the OP.

How will I get out of this quicksand I’m in!?!?!

Golfzilla77

Reaction score
amazingly, the team didn't look any different to me than it has for the past few years (disappointing losses, offense looking outmatched). I know they hired McCarthy, and kept Kellen Moore. Is Kellen the problem? I mean, they looked EXACTLY THE SAME to me as they have the past few years when they go up against quality opponents!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Right. How many times can a person use a laughing emogi and insult people to try and make it look like they're making sense?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s totally what’s happening.

9 pages and still not a SINGLE analyst who pinned the loss on Dak, which is what I asked for in the OP.

How will I get out of this quicksand I’m in!?!?!
Thats about how many pages you have gone without a single like

Verdict

Reaction score
Did Dak play well enough to win? Yes. Did Dak get robbed on the long pass to Gallup? Yes.

Im a Dak fan. I think we could do a lot worse than Dak at QB.

Having said all of the foregoing, I’m expecting more out of Dak than he showed on Sunday night. If he wants $35M plus per year, then he needs to be a difference maker. He was not a difference maker on Sunday night.

At $30 plus million per year, Dak should be carrying this team. He has wilted against better teams and feasted against bad teams.

I look at the Dak situation a little bit like I do the situation with Tank. Is Tank a good player? Yes. Is Tank as good as Donald? No way. But yet Tank is making Donald type of money. That’s a bad contract.

Do I want Dak to be the Cowboys’ QB? Yes. Do I want him to be worth what he wants to be paid? YES!!! If he wants top 5 money (or higher) then he needs to play like a top 5 QB. It’s a simple as that.

Verdict

Reaction score
The OP says Dak was the 8th best QB this week. Then he should sign up to be paid like 8th best and we can all be happy.

Verdict

Reaction score
That’s what you call “cherry-picking.”

Hilarious!

His OVERALL stats were what they were.

And I’m still waiting for ONE of you to provide ONE link to an analyst who says Dak played poorly last night.

Just ONE.
No football analyst predicted that the sun would come up this morning either, but yet it still rose today in the morning sky. The fact that an analyst says something really doesn’t prove or disprove anything for that matter.

Nav22

Reaction score
No football analyst predicted that the sun would come up this morning either, but yet it still rose today in the morning sky. The fact that an analyst says something really doesn’t prove or disprove anything for that matter.
Yeah, Dallas Cowboys QB play isn’t a popular sports topic or anything.