Dak played well enough to win

Flamma

Reaction score
Just another opinion on Dak in week 1. He doesn't destroy Dak or anything like that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.
lol,, you and Roy could be BFFs...
Ignorance is bliss

Nav22

Reaction score
lol,, you and Roy could be BFFs...
Ignorance is bliss
1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Pound sand, you will get the same response.
I gave you alike, because thats what feeds the true trolls on this forum.

dfense

Reaction score
25-39, 266 Yds, TD, 30 Rush yds, sacked 3 times, zero turnovers.

92.5 passer rating, 73.4 Total QBR (8th-best in the NFL thus far).

Absolute dime to Gallup that should’ve/could’ve resulted in overtime or a win.

And all of that was despite a pass rush that got in his face for much of the night, led by the great Aaron Donald wreaking havoc inside.

Today is Monday. The Cowboys are being talked about nationally on every single sports show, TV or radio/podcast. I have yet to see a SINGLE analyst put this loss on Dak’s “poor play,” even though blaming the QB is an automatic ratings bonanza (ask Tony Romo).

You know why? Because Dak actually played WELL... and anyone without a CLEAR bias and who knows football, knows it.

If I’m wrong, PLEASE link me to a respected analyst who says that Dak played poorly last night. Go right ahead!

If you’re reading this and got offended, good. You people know who you are. I know the truth hurts.

The VERY strong majority of football analysts/players/coaches/GMs know that Dak is a top-10 QB.

Let this serve as a reminder to the loud minority crying about Dak’s play after a tough loss: you people generally aren’t even worth the time of day to even respond to. Consider this your lucky day!
:thumbup:
I noticed you left out the inconvenient 1-7 on third down stat.

khiladi

Reaction score
You strut out the 'Dak stats' but look closer:

2nd Quarter 13 for 15 168 Yards 86.7% Comp % 1 TD 135.6 QBR

1st, 3rd, & 4th Quarters 12 for 24 98 Yards 50% Comp % 3 Sacks 65.47 QBR

So, you can say all you want that Dak played well but stats show he played well for 1 of 4 quarters and that is not how you win ball games.

And guess what? Most of that yardage in the second, like I said, was right before the half, when defenses are more concerned with burning clock and not giving up the deep pass and Dallas went hurry up.

This is Dak’s MO.. Look at the game logs from last year as well, where a lot of his yardage is simply padded by situations like this.

Nav22

Reaction score
I noticed you left out the inconvenient 1-7 on third down stat.
Then he must’ve been AWESOME on 1st and 2nd down, huh?

And did you include the drops that burned him on 3rd down?

Cherry-picking clowns are the BEST clowns.
:lmao2:

Still waiting, folks. Not ONE of you could find ONE analyst who put the blame on Dak.

The numbers AND the analysts say Dak played well enough to win. Dak’s know-nothing haters say otherwise. HMMMMM who to believe????

Here ya go...

Nav22

Reaction score
Pound sand, you will get the same response.
I gave you alike, because thats what feeds the true trolls on this forum.
Nice edit. You must be shook.

Your bottom lip’s quivering.
:lmao2:

khiladi

Reaction score
Definitely, Dak has the ability to make great throws, he just doesn't do it with enough regularity to be a franchise QB. He had the PERFECT situation at the end of the game and managed to gain 15 yards in a minute and a half, he's just not very good.

Like I said, he throws it well if it’s his first read and decisive. That’s why people get confused with his accuracy. If he’s reading the field and having to find holes in a zone, he’s garbage.

Nav22

Reaction score
And guess what? Most of that yardage in the second, like I said, was right before the half, when defenses are more concerned with burning clock and not giving up the deep pass and Dallas went hurry up.

This is Dak’s MO.. Look at the game logs from last year as well, where a lot of his yardage is simply padded by situations like this.
Was allowing a TD drive before the half part of the defense’s strategy too?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

khiladi

Reaction score
Was allowing a TD drive before the half part of the defense’s strategy too?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

What I said is defenses tend to play that way making it easier to march up the field, because they don’t want to give up the big play while playing the clock. That doesn’t mean they have too or it’s impossible not to score. They were in HURRY UP..

That’s why Dak sucked the rest of the game.. The numbers were all obfuscated by the drive before the half. So he did play POORLY FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME. That’s a fact..

Wood

Reaction score
25-39, 266 Yds, TD, 30 Rush yds, sacked 3 times, zero turnovers.

92.5 passer rating, 73.4 Total QBR (8th-best in the NFL thus far).

Absolute dime to Gallup that should’ve/could’ve resulted in overtime or a win.

And all of that was despite a pass rush that got in his face for much of the night, led by the great Aaron Donald wreaking havoc inside.

Today is Monday. The Cowboys are being talked about nationally on every single sports show, TV or radio/podcast. I have yet to see a SINGLE analyst put this loss on Dak’s “poor play,” even though blaming the QB is an automatic ratings bonanza (ask Tony Romo).

You know why? Because Dak actually played WELL... and anyone without a CLEAR bias and who knows football, knows it.

If I’m wrong, PLEASE link me to a respected analyst who says that Dak played poorly last night. Go right ahead!

If you’re reading this and got offended, good. You people know who you are. I know the truth hurts.

The VERY strong majority of football analysts/players/coaches/GMs know that Dak is a top-10 QB.

Let this serve as a reminder to the loud minority crying about Dak’s play after a tough loss: you people generally aren’t even worth the time of day to even respond to. Consider this your lucky day!
:thumbup:

I dont think so. When things aren't perfect and get tight...Dak stops looking downfield and he shortens the field for defenders. We saw alot of check down safe throws from Dak in 2nd half. He didn't play like $40 mill/year QB - that is clear. But he still has all season to prove he is in Russell/Rogers/Mahomes grouping.