Dak pre-snap

khiladi

Reaction score

Somebody explain this to me.

Every defender and their mother clearly playing the run that close to the line, the one defender on the right side of our OL clearly taking the outside responsibility with 1 deep safety in the middle and nobody on the outside man, and you are claiming you don’t trust the OL in man coverage and that is why you don’t pass to the screen that is set up when you got the clear numbers of 3 to 2 in your favor?

Can you honestly blame Moore at all here and not the QB to actually check out of the run and into the throw?

Vandyr

Reaction score

Every defender and their mother clearly playing the run that close to the line, the one defender on the right side of our OL clearly taking the outside responsibility with 1 deep safety, and you are claiming you don’t trust the OL in man coverage and that is why you don’t pass to the screen that is set up when you got the clear numbers of 3 to 2 in your favor?

The QB can't read defenses?

khiladi

Reaction score

I mean it’s more than possible, at least partly, plays like this are the reason why we started sucking so bad by half the season.

And BTW, this Chiefs game was right after the Atlanta game, so I don’t think the excuses about Dak not trusting the OL after beating the scrub Falcons 43-3 or that it was his calf injury blinding his eyes works..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not good on Dak at all there, but you can't just let Moore off the hook either. These are the situations they should be going over in practice week after week after week. Come game day it should be known by the entire offense that if get X look, check to Y. Feels like we have none of that, and I cant really say for sure if its on Dak or Kellen.

This is the stuff that both terrifies me and gives me hope for next year. It's easy to say that Dak sucks, RBs suck, Oline sucks, Wrs have underperformed, etc. Truth is however it may be fixing some simple Xs and Os to make this whole unit look like it did the first half of the year. It's really tough to tell if this unit is just past its prime and needs a full cast of new players, or if we just have a really inexperienced OC who gets outcoached week after week by veteran defensive minds.

khiladi

Reaction score
Quick decision making while reading defenses pre-snap is maybe the most important skill (except throwing ability) a NFL QB needs to have. Dak has very little of that particular skill.

Dak probably just saw the two safety look, got scared and remained content with the run play. That’s our year 6 QB for you…

Ken

Reaction score

Every defender and their mother clearly playing the run that close to the line, the one defender on the right side of our OL clearly taking the outside responsibility with 1 deep safety in the middle and nobody on the outside man, and you are claiming you don’t trust the OL in man coverage and that is why you don’t pass to the screen that is set up when you got the clear numbers of 3 to 2 in your favor?

Can you honestly blame Moore at all here and not the QB to actually check out of the run and into the throw?

So many questions...

Down and Distance? At what point in the game was this? Are we going to let the defense dictate to us every play we run(this is a huge problem with this offense BTW)?

This play likely works if the center isn't completely destroyed...despite the numbers because they let the free defender go on the right side and the line blocked to the left playside to give them even numbers.

But I am sure this will be a 60 page bashfest based on nothing.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not good on Dak at all there, but you can't just let Moore off the hook either. These are the situations they should be going over in practice week after week after week. Come game day it should be known by the entire offense that if get X look, check to Y. Feels like we have none of that, and I cant really say for sure if its on Dak or Kellen.

This is the stuff that both terrifies me and gives me hope for next year. It's easy to say that Dak sucks, RBs suck, Oline sucks, Wrs have underperformed, etc. Truth is however it may be fixing some simple Xs and Os to make this whole unit look like it did the first half of the year. It's really tough to tell if this unit is just past its prime and needs a full cast of new players, or if we just have a really inexperienced OC who gets outcoached week after week by veteran defensive minds.

It's that thinking that gives us hope for next season....it why we don't give up on them.

Such is the life of a current Cowboys fan...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

ok...Dak sucks. we get it..

what's your point? why so many posts after posts and examples after examples.

what are you trying to accomplish?

its very unclear...or you the type that just likes to pour salt over wounds to extend the pain?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's that thinking that gives us hope for next season....it why we don't give up on them.

Such is the life of a current Cowboys fan...
Haha agreed. Sad to say that our best hope is the fact that our problems may be that our OC is in over his head.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Biadasz on the ground while the DT makes the play.

Shocker.

No idea what happened to that dude mid season.

shabazz

Reaction score
Haha agreed. Sad to say that our best hope is the fact that our problems may be that our OC is in over his head.

That fix would be the easiest snd frankly only quick remedy.....but I fear that wouldn't be the answer

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

It's very easy to explain.

Dak has no idea what he is seeing.

Aven8

Reaction score
Similar to Romo before I would love to see Dak out of this offense. We never got to see Romo leave it, but it would be nice to see Dak leave it. We have been running the same offense for over 10 years and it’s old.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to early season Dak but he clearly wasn’t right mentally at seasons end. He wasn’t trusting his eyes and seemed shaken. Perhaps some good psychotherapy would help. And I’m being serious. Dude’s problem is mental.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is another example of the Cowboys offensive line, coincidentally it looks like Biadasz again, blocking the wrong guy. In this game Steele was playing LT. He takes on Chris Jones who is lined up at RDE. Jones would have made the play had Pollard been able to get to the LOS. McGovern was playing LG and he take out the LB coming on a blitz. Biadasz, for whatever reason, starts to go after the LB on the his right, and so does Zack Martin who has no problem. But by the time Biadasz realizes his mistake the DT get by him and is in the backfield before Pollard can get to the LOS. Collins is blocking a safety playing on the LOS and deal with him easily. Aside from the play call, the blocking was messed up - AGAIN! Although, they had 5 guys blocking 7 defenders but look carefully. It looks like Pollard is supposed to go to the right side where there was a chance for him to get through the line. The problem is the NT gets by Biadasz and cuts Pollard off. He had no where to go. Had he gotten to the right side 3 of the 7 defenders would not have mattered and the Cowboys had a 4 on 4 with the remaining defenders.

If Biadasz take the NT and just blocks him for a second or two Pollard cuts to the right side and there is a gap between Martin and Collins to run through. It might have been a big play with Pollard's speed.

The weak link in the Cowboys OL is Biadasz. And it is not just physical. He seems to make a lot of mental errors which for a C is pretty bad.

khiladi

Reaction score
The problem isn’t the OL here.

The problem is Dak can’t see he’s got two sides of field to make a proper read and check into a throw on a defense clearly looking to stop the run.

The options are THERE for the QB to pick and it’s not a complicated read at all period.

The OC is supposed to give you options, which he clearly does here.

Gaede

Reaction score
How many of these do you post a day, a week?

Feels like there's only one dude on this football team

khiladi

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to early season Dak but he clearly wasn’t right mentally at seasons end. He wasn’t trusting his eyes and seemed shaken. Perhaps some good psychotherapy would help. And I’m being serious. Dude’s problem is mental.

Again, this game was right after the 43-3 blowout of the Falcons. How was he trusting his eyes the game before?