Dak Prescott’s value was on full display tonight

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Losing 38-35 is a lot better than 38-10

At least Dak made the games worth watching

true enough, although ironically, I was more at peace with that loss last night given we were out of it at 21-0, I had some hope on the drive at the end of the half, but it went away with the Gallup drop.

My only real scream session was on the long TD pass and the missed DPI

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is worth every penny if that’s what we get without him

I am not one who believe you cannot find another good QB if you part ways with Dak. But the odds of finding one who can step in and play at the level Dak was playing at are astronomical. Even if you go and get Trevor Lawrence in the draft next year do we expect him to step in and throw for 2000 yards at a 68% clip in his first 5 games while piloting the offense to 33 ppg next year? The fact of the matter is franchise QB is the hardest position in all of sports to fill and if you got one you hang onto him. Period. The NFL scrapheap is littered with guys who tore it up in college and never rose above pedestrian in the NFL. Meanwhile you have got a guy setting records, garnering MVP consideration and people wanna move on from him because he doesn't play defense. Go figure.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We are. They're both average quarterbacks. But I'll throw you a bone - I do think Dak is a better quarterback than Dalton.

Passer rating and QBR both say Dak is well above "average." They also say Dalton is well below.. but you keep spinnin it any way you like. For the record Dak's QBR this season is 75.6.. good for 11th in the league.. I won't bore you with the obvious but any time you're in the top third you are by definition ABOVE average. Dalton's QBR is 28.7 which is 5 points lower than DWAYNE HASKINS!!! No further illumination should be necessary on that .. I get that you're dug in on the whole "they're both average" take. Every objective measure screams how wrong you are but apparently you're willing to die on that hill. Enjoy.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Passer rating and QBR both say Dak is well above "average." They also say Dalton is well below.. but you keep spinnin it any way you like. For the record Dak's QBR this season is 75.6.. good for 11th in the league.. I won't bore you with the obvious but any time you're in the top third you are by definition ABOVE average. Dalton's QBR is 28.7 which is 5 points lower than DWAYNE HASKINS!!! No further illumination should be necessary on that .. I get that you're dug in on the whole "they're both average" take. Every objective measure screams how wrong you are but apparently you're willing to die on that hill. Enjoy.

I don't have to spin anything. Dak was 1-3 when he went down, his offense hasn't been able to put points on the board for the first three quarters of games all season, and did the same crap last season. He was a no show in several games last year, particularly in the most important game of the season. He's AVERAGE, he's mediocre, he's nothing special, never has been. He can't read defenses, he can't lead receivers, he has poor pocket awareness, and he gets spooked when pressured. He is everything his scouting report said he is.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Good grief...

Just stop watching football and go full bore mainlining Fox and Friends and Hannity.

The NFL is going no where because of “social views they are pushing”, whatever the hell that means. Maybe you think NFL players are sons of ******* too like a current high profile American. The biggest threat to the NFL is concussion research and the impact that will have on high school football participation and even that isn’t going to come close to submarining the league.

Social views...

Gtfoh...

I don't watch fox. I hope the best for nfl players. I just don't want to have to listen to what they think, what they are wearing, or their opinions on politics or social issues, or the commentators opinions on that stuff.

It is a crazy idea, but I want to turn on a game, and watch a game. And have commentators that can carry an entertaining broadcast about football, and have nothing else forced in there

Scotman

Reaction score
Changed the atmosphere? Sure. Prevented anyone from doing their job well? No.

And, where was this magic impact in games the team was awful offensively when Dak (or Romo or Roger) was QB? Does it just come and go?

Why does the defense seem unaffected?

Why does it disappear for quarters/games at a time?

I want to understand how this magic power works.

It's not magic. It might seem like magic, but motivation is a real factor in performance. The fact that you can't even acknowledge that it matters means that there's no point in me trying to explain it to you.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's not magic. It might seem like magic, but motivation is a real factor in performance. The fact that you can't even acknowledge that it matters means that there's no point in me trying to explain it to you.
Please try to explain how it shows up and disappears at a whim?

We need players that self-motivate. Without that, it doesn't matter how good any QB or other players are.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I don't watch fox. I hope the best for nfl players. I just don't want to have to listen to what they think, what they are wearing, or their opinions on politics or social issues, or the commentators opinions on that stuff.

It is a crazy idea, but I want to turn on a game, and watch a game. And have commentators that can carry an entertaining broadcast about football, and have nothing else forced in there

Well that’s too bad. Get over it or stop watching. Sports have a long and storied tradition in this country of being at the forefront of social change. Jack Johnson, Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, John Carlos, Tommie Smith, Jim Brown, Billie Jean King, Arthur Ashe, etc etc etc have all been a part of a proud history of not just “shutting up and dribbling”.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Well that’s too bad. Get over it or stop watching. Sports have a long and storied tradition in this country of being at the forefront of social change. Jack Johnson, Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, John Carlos, Tommie Smith, Jim Brown, Billie Jean King, Arthur Ashe, etc etc etc have all been a part of a proud history of not just “shutting up and dribbling”.

Yea, that was the point of my post. Someone was mentioning the salary cap continuing to go up, and I commented that it might not continue to go up. Viewership on sports is declining because of the crap they are doing.

If you dont see a difference in the past with the guys you mentioned, and now, you are blind

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I don't have to spin anything. Dak was 1-3 when he went down, his offense hasn't been able to put points on the board for the first three quarters of games all season, and did the same crap last season. He was a no show in several games last year, particularly in the most important game of the season. He's AVERAGE, he's mediocre, he's nothing special, never has been. He can't read defenses, he can't lead receivers, he has poor pocket awareness, and he gets spooked when pressured. He is everything his scouting report said he is.

And here we have the scouting report on Dak Prescott from Narnia.

Lol...

You’re feeling really stupid after last night aren’t you?

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Yea, that was the point of my post. Someone was mentioning the salary cap continuing to go up, and I commented that it might not continue to go up. Viewership on sports is declining because of the crap they are doing.

If you dont see a difference in the past with the guys you mentioned, and now, you are blind

Brent Musberger called John Carlos and Tommie Smith “black-skinned stormtroopers”.

The backlash Ali took was far more harsh in comparison to what Kaepernick has gotten and that’s saying something.

It’s the same reaction to the same phenomenon - black athletes speaking their minds.

you don’t know history.

And sports have kept marching on. Your fear is unfounded bullsh*t.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Brent Musberger called John Carlos and Tommie Smith “black-skinned stormtroopers”.

The backlash Ali took was far more harsh in comparison to what Kaepernick has gotten and that’s saying something.

It’s the same reaction to the same phenomenon - black athletes speaking their minds.

you don’t know history.

They can speak their mind all they want, just not as part of the game. They can have their own tv shows, radio shows, all the interviews they want. But the game is the game, and that stuff should not be a part of it.

Players and commentators should not push issues outside of sports, or dress up to push their issues, or have performances to push their issues. It sucks

Philmonroe

Reaction score

You need to step out of your echo chamber if this is what you think happens most games smh.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
You need to step out of your echo chamber if this is what you think happens most games smh.

They did it during the cowboys game last night. They did like a 30 sec shot on hopkins and his relatives and pushed the social issue that is currently being pushed, and hero crap.

Which is great for him, that would make a great magazine article. Why is it in monday night football during a horrible broadcast

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
They did it during the cowboys game last night. They did like a 30 sec shot on hopkins and his relatives and pushed the social issue that is currently being pushed, and hero crap.

Which is great for him, that would make a great magazine article. Why is it in monday night football during a horrible broadcast
Why does it bother you?

that’s the only relevant question.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Why does it bother you?

that’s the only relevant question.

because it is a football game, and it was horribly broadcast

What is your opinion on the drop in sports viewing the last year or 2? That is the relevant question

RonnieT24

Reaction score

And yet the offense was averaging 15.4 points per game IN THE FIRST HALF this year. Your willingness to keep spouting falsehoods that fly in the face of the facts is astounding. So far this year the Cowboys have scored 14, 10, 15, 14, 24 and 3 in the first half. Guess which guy was QB for the 3.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
because it is a football game, and it was horribly broadcast

What is your opinion on the drop in sports viewing the last year or 2? That is the relevant question
I don’t know if there is a meaningful drop first of all and secondly, if there is I’m not going to arbitrarily blame it on black athletes speaking their minds over and above other potential valid and rational reasons.

If black athletes expressing their opinions on politics and social norms and mores bothers you, then the problem is you, not them.