Dak Prescott Almost agreed to new contract before deadline

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing to see here. Until the Cowboys or Dak offer up some info this is all speculation. All we know is that Dak is asking for more than Jerruh is willing to pay.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not one thing I read said that deal was offered at the last minute or that it was not the deal already on the table we heard about. They do however say Dak decided to get involved at the last second, they could have began negotiating what happened at the end, i don't know, even yesterday.

Could be wrong of course, but I see nothing to indicate that yet... but by all means assume away if it makes you feel better.

Either way your bunch of idiots statement should include Dak and his agent.
Its to be determine if Dak is apart of that idiot brass.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This smells like spin coming from Dak's camp. Trying to spin this as him wanting what looks like a reasonable deal, but oh, ran out of time so I am not the bad guy.
No... My dang agent didn’t tell me in time. This was a acceptable deal. Just didn’t get it done on time.

If he fires his agent then I will believe it. It’s already strange that he is running around on the phone trying to do what his agent is supposed to do...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he gets injured or plays poorly while he's tagged, he's screwed himself. I'm not hoping either of those things happen, but it's something he should've considered.
If he gets hurt next season you think the Cowboys would let him walk? If he has a great season and gets hurt mid-way what happens?

Sydla

Reaction score
No... My dang agent didn’t tell me in time. This was a acceptable deal. Just didn’t get it done on time.

If he fires his agent then I will believe it. It’s already strange that he is running around on the phone trying to do what his agent is supposed to do...

My two, useless cents on this. We all know the Cowboys leak things to make themselves look better. So Dak's camp could be trying to get in front of this by making it sound like the Cowboys dragged their feet and didn't give him a fair offer that he would have accepted until it was too late. So its their fault, not his.

They are just trying to get in front of the Jones boys leaking the details themselves.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t believe the Cowboys were all that worried because it’s unlikely the market will go up next year. If Dak wanted to make the deal offered today, he will still see it on the table next year. Based on revenues, I seriously doubt if much changes next off season when it comes to salaries.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I don’t believe the Cowboys were all that worried because it’s unlikely the market will go up next year. If Dak wanted to make the deal offered today, he will still see it on the table next year. Based on revenues, I seriously doubt if much changes next off season when it comes to salaries.

The difference is next year his tag would be $37 million instead of $31 million.