News: Dak Prescott authoring historic turnaround season

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Hurts is tied for third with Mahomes for most interceptions this season - has thrown 14.
Josh Allen is second, having 16 picks to date.
Cowboys face the interceptions leader tomorrow- Sam Howell, with 19.
Sam Howitzer

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But don't you know this year all of a sudden turnovers from the quarterback position don't matter they're not talked about they're not broken down play by play they're not following them in practice and counting their training camp and practice interceptions they're not showing them missing balls in Nets as if that really mattered of throwing balls at the corner of the end zone which some people around here thought it was something important that a quarterback needed to know how to do I thought we threw the receivers who have hands and also have a job to catch balls that are not always perfectly thrown that is their job if they were perfectly thrown every time you wouldn't need great receivers...

It was the most pathetic and gross display over the last year into training camp on how they followed Prescott around the national media was making the interceptions act like no other quarterback has ever thrown interceptions you know like Matthew stafford's 20 interceptions in a year he won the Super bowl and yes he threw two interceptions in the very Super Bowl they won somehow his team bailed him out he's talked about as one of the elite quarterbacks in this league but nobody broke down every game and every throw and every interception and followed the man around in practice and asked him to be perfect at throwing balls into Nets and buckets..

Other fan bases and sometimes our owner wondering why we keep talking about this it's because they made it an issue last year they literally made it a national story to break down Prescott issues even though we know just like Patrick mahomes is going through this year sometimes it's just your wide receiver group or your offense that just isn't clicking..
Welcome to America's Team. That's the scrutiny players are under here. The talking heads look for reasons to talk Cowboys because it's ratings gold.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Hurts is tied for third with Mahomes for most interceptions this season - has thrown 14.
Josh Allen is second, having 16 picks to date.
Cowboys face the interceptions leader tomorrow- Sam Howell, with 19.
Where’s Josh Allen’s scrutiny?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've got to give Dak a lot of credit. At the end of last season, I thought it was the beginning of the end for Dak, and we would have another QB by next season. I'm happy that Dak has proven me wrong. He's worked his butt off and is having an amazing year. I'm looking forward to this game against Washington. I believe Dak will play well, as will the whole team, and the Cowboys will prevail. Just don't take the Commanders lightly. They've had a bad season, but I fully expect them to show up and give us a good game.

Jipper

Reaction score
I am happy for him, just want to see him put it together and get some big playoff wins…it’s like he has a tightness in big games and once he gets over that hump he could become the guy we want him to be…

I still don’t trust him in big moments and another playoff failure and I’m sure I’ll be right back to where I have been after the recent big game losses…but he’s got a shot to get to a new level.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
He's mediocre but our fans are used to mediocrity so they are excited to have him. See you guys after the playoffs, I'll make sure to bump this thread.

tromofan

Reaction score
Well, so far the “author” keeps having the same lousy ending.

J12B

Reaction score
Both your most fervent critics and ardent supporters are caught up within statistics practically every day--both inside and outside CowboysZone.
If everyone had your mentality the world would be a much better place.

You are such an inspiration to us all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If everyone had your mentality the world would be a much better place.

You are such an inspiration to us all.
lol. My wife would be the first person to disagree with you on that observation. :muttley:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So far, so good, but now we're entering money time. Fairly or not, this is when Dak's season will be judged.

Get the 2 seed and win (at least) two home playoff games. No excuses.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This wasn't a turnaround season.

The previous year was a fluke season and Dak is just returning to his normal performances. Anyone paying attention to his career realizes this. Dak had injury issues that season, both in recovery and dealing with new injuries.

Last season Dak's INT percentage rate was 3.8%. Six out of the seven remaining seasons, his INT percentage was between .09 and 1.8 which proves that last season and not the current one is the anomaly.

In fact, Dak's career INT rate is 1.9% which places him in the top ten all time lowest INT rates in NFL history.

Not only that, Dak broke the record for most passes before his first career INT. The record previously belonged to Tom Brady.

Anybody out there who expressed a narrative of Dak being careless and desperate has failed in their research and fact checking.
true last year was an interception outlier, that said though he has had a little something extra this year. I am more confident in him

CCBoy

Reaction score

The previous year was a fluke season and Dak is just returning to his normal performances. Anyone paying attention to his career realizes this. Dak had injury issues that season, both in recovery and dealing with new injuries.

Last season Dak's INT percentage rate was 3.8%. Six out of the seven remaining seasons, his INT percentage was between .09 and 1.8 which proves that last season and not the current one is the anomaly.

In fact, Dak's career INT rate is 1.9% which places him in the top ten all time lowest INT rates in NFL history.

Not only that, Dak broke the record for most passes before his first career INT. The record previously belonged to Tom Brady.

Anybody out there who expressed a narrative of Dak being careless and desperate has failed in their research and fact checking.
I'm not buying the racketeering and extortion projections, myself. :thumbup:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If the weather cooperates, Dak's week 18 performance should be a thing of beauty. Add that to his already excellent second half of the season, I definitely see history being made.

ArtClink

Reaction score

This. 1000 times this. But then again the Dak haters are allergic to facts. Facts like Dak leads all QBs in td passes. Spock would laugh at the logic of the Dak haters lol

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak could have taken steps back from last season but didn't. If he takes us all the way it would be remarkable considering everyone including me weren't confident... That's what's great about sports

Kwyn

Reaction score
If the weather cooperates, Dak's week 18 performance should be a thing of beauty. Add that to his already excellent second half of the season, I definitely see history being made.
He may only play a half.

If we get well ahead you may see loads of backups.

It would be beyond foolish to risk injury in garbage time just for stats.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Yes, he needs to elevate his game against defenses like SF and Vic Fangio , then can be considered close to elite. Having said that I like the transformation after SF game and now he is giving us a chance in every game ( because OL run block and RBs have left a lot to be desired , Solari is a disappointment )
There was no transformation after the san fran game. He just played a bunch of poor teams. Once he got to buffalo he looked like he has the past 6 years against a good team, terrible.

Qcard

Reaction score

:clap: :clap: :starspin: :starspin: :starspin: :popcorn: :espn: :espn: