Dak Prescott Calls out ‘Bandwagon’ Cowboys Fans

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The cowboys have been mediocre to trash going on two and a half decades and possibly closing in on 3. They haven't been creating much to be 'bandwagon' about.
only bandwagoners and the dak lovers, I guess he means the ones who are finally seeing the true dak, and his feelings are hurt. I figure he's probably the same guy as his brother Tad. He just has some self-control and does spout the crap his brother does.

ICP

Reaction score
Imo, if you're going to be Fairweather, then don't bother. Who want frontrunners
I totally agree, I've been a Cowboy fan for 49 years. My point is that if you win you will inevitably get 'bandwagon fans' I've seen it in every sport with Chicago Bulls fans, Golden State Warriors Fans, LA Doyer fans, and Cowboy fans, even work with one. But if Im Dak and the Cowboys either put up.or shut up. It's been 25+ years of inconsistent play and I don't blame any fan for getting tired of it. There have been other teams that have managed to stay 'relevant' in the playoffs since the Cowboys heydays and even San Fran despite some very down years have managed to get to the SB twice since winning back in the 90's. Dallas has been lucky to squeeze out a couple playoff wins

RaZon

Reaction score
Same fan at 1-16 as I was when they were winning the SB, do prefer the good times however.

I get mad at Dak/Zeke for being too greedy too ME!!!!.....we need help they could give that a little thought.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The more you guys post the more you guys reveal just how bad shape you're in with the realization that Dak is not and never will be that guy.

Until Dak is no longer a Dallas Cowboy we just have to pin our hopes that we get a good enough roster around him that his only job is to not screw it up, because he cannot EVER be counted on to elevate it.
The most fourth-quarter comeback wins in the league since he’s been in it. But you can’t count on him. That’s laughable

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The most fourth-quarter comeback wins in the league since he’s been in it. But you can’t count on him. That’s laughable
You’ll see the light at some point.

If we don’t have an elite roster around Dak we’re not winning when it matters. It’s that simple. It’s been proven. It’s fact. You have no way to refute this.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If we don’t have an elite roster around Dak we’re not winning when it matters. It’s that simple. It’s been proven. It’s fact. You have no way to refute this.

It was proven back in 2018. Dak was having a terrible year before Cooper gets signed. Once Coop starts playing they start winning again. So where should the credit be given, to Coop or to Dak? Dak homers will insist it was Dak getting his act together. Ok, then explain why he couldn't get it done until AFTER Coop came on board?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Come on man, that was a boomerang even before you wrote it. How about doing your job in the first 3 quarters then instead of having to rely on a perfect 4th?

But still, why are there only two options here? "Dak will never be that guy" and "Dak the MVP"? He does not have to win the SB all by himself. Alot of guys around him have to bring their A game for the rest of the season. All our losses were a direct result of one "branch" not doing it's job good enough. Despite that catastrophy named Zuerlein you can't pick one player that cost us the game. Sometimes Dak's throws are off, sometimes the reveivers drop easy ones, sometimes the O Line can't block for sh/t, sometimes the D runs around like pee wees in their first game and last but not least we have some questionable play calls and coaching decisions here and there in the mix too. Add in those stupid and avoidable penalties and you're 7-4 instead of 9-2.

Why pick on certain players? I personally think that Rogers, Brady, Mahomes, Murray and Jones are all doing a better job than Dak this season (yes, despite some individual stats that suggest otherwise) but he is good enough for an SB win. But the team around him incl. the coaches/coordinator just has to click more than probably the guys around Brady or Rogers. That's the difference (and our disadvantage on the QB position) as far as I'm concerned. But we can win it with the talent at hand.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Come on man, that was a boomerang even before you wrote it. How about doing your job in the first 3 quarters then instead of having to rely on a perfect 4th?

But still, why are there only two options here? "Dak will never be that guy" and "Dak the MVP"? He does not have to win the SB all by himself. Alot of guys around him have to bring their A game for the rest of the season. All our losses were a direct result of one "branch" not doing it's job good enough. Despite that catastrophy named Zuerlein you can't pick one player that cost us the game. Sometimes Dak's throws are off, sometimes the reveivers drop easy ones, sometimes the O Line can't block for sh/t, sometimes the D runs around like pee wees in their first game and last but not least we have some questionable play calls and coaching decisions here and there in the mix too. Add in those stupid and avoidable penalties and you're 7-4 instead of 9-2.

Why pick on certain players? I personally think that Rogers, Brady, Mahomes, Murray and Jones are all doing a better job than Dak this season (yes, despite some individual stats that suggest otherwise) but he is good enough for an SB win. But the team around him incl. the coaches/coordinator just has to click more than probably the guys around Brady or Rogers. That's the difference (and our disadvantage on the QB position) as far as I'm concerned. But we can win it with the talent at hand.
When you have been a fan of the Dallas Cowboys as long as I have. you understand things a little bit differently. Prescott is an absolute winner. He’s a top-five quarterback. People just hate him because of Tony still. That’s ridiculous. Games are one in the fourth quarter. That’s every game. Boomerang. Pay Attention to the league. I’d rather have a fourth-quarter comeback type quarterback than any other. And he’s not throwing up Hail Marys he’s throwing up dimes. Patrick Mahomes. Most overrated quarterback in the entire league. And if we had Belichick we wouldn’t have lost a game this season

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You’ll see the light at some point.

The point is you people don’t like him. And you have no idea how this game is played. This game is won and lost in the fourth quarter. If we had Belichick I don’t think we would’ve lost a game this season. Do you know what continuity means. To have that with your wide receiver. If only people really understood. . 85% of cowboy fans don’t have a freaking clue about this game. The game is one and lost before it even starts.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not everyday that you get to see Smith literally ignore a defensive linemen. Damn you Dak Prescott.
Smith has nothing to lose. We have a championship on the way. Even if it’s the division

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was proven back in 2018. Dak was having a terrible year before Cooper gets signed. Once Coop starts playing they start winning again. So where should the credit be given, to Coop or to Dak? Dak homers will insist it was Dak getting his act together. Ok, then explain why he couldn't get it done until AFTER Coop came on board?
Who do you thinks throwing the ball to the wide receiver. LMAO you people come up with some of the dumbest reasons

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
When you have been a fan of the Dallas Cowboys as long as I have. you understand things a little bit differently. Prescott is an absolute winner. He’s a top-five quarterback. People just hate him because of Tony still. That’s ridiculous. Games are one in the fourth quarter. That’s every game. Boomerang. Pay Attention to the league. I’d rather have a fourth-quarter comeback type quarterback than any other. And he’s not throwing up Hail Marys he’s throwing up dimes. Patrick Mahomes. Most overrated quarterback in the entire league. And if we had Belichick we wouldn’t have lost a game this season
I'm not saying he isn't a winner. But I'm still saying Mahomes is better than him. ;) I agree on the Belichick part though.

To me these boards ain't representative for all Cowboys fans and of course not what football fans as a whole think about Dak. Seems like we have alot of fanatics here. I mean who would register to a forum if not a true fan, lol. But still, I try to keep my moderate perspective on things. Dak has proved alot of times, that he can make the difference and win a game. I'd call him a very skilled fighter and stand up guy. But at the same time he has proven more often than Rogers or Brady that he's shaky in clutch situations. And the team as a whole has yet to prove, that it can win against a first rate superbowl contender. But this isn't on Dak alone, but all 53 guys and the coaches.

morasp

Reaction score
For the past 25 years there are a few but not many fanbases that have endured worse.