Dak Prescott can win a Super Bowl

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes I am a fan, but when I see the level of talent on offense that this team has then yes I will be optimistic. When this franchise did not have that talent prior to Romo I did not view them as a contending team so while I am a fan I also will look at a situation in a non biased way. I also agree they have to go out and prove it on the field and while they have put together some promising seasons they have failed to back it up the following season. I have no issue with critical thinking but do not buy into the hopelessness crowd that claims this team is incapable of winning.
It doesn’t have to be one extreme over the other. I didn’t say incapable of winning.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It doesn’t have to be one extreme over the other. I didn’t say incapable of winning.

I did not mean to suggest you but many who have posted this ideal that this team is incapable. If that makes me an optimist then so be it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I did not mean to suggest you but many who have posted this ideal that this team is incapable. If that makes me an optimist then so be it.
And that’s fine. That’s what I’d expect to find more of in a Cowboys fan forum. This franchise has been led by eternal optimism.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes, the highest paid QB in NFL history, has these numbers in two Super Bowls:

52/91 passing (57 percent), 556 yards, 2 touchdowns, four interceptions :omg:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Well, he did, so stop worshipping him as if he is a god.
Actually, he didn't. He did the opposite. He extended plays to a ridiculous extent, made incredible efforts just to get throws off, and then had some of those throws hit his guys in the head and be dropped. He did things that no other QB would have come close to doing, and it he did it repeatedly.

With all the pressure he was under, he was only sacked 3 times. Dak, and almost every other QB in the league would have been sacked 10+ times under that pressure. Or thrown 5+ picks (and not from deflections).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And that’s fine. That’s what I’d expect to find more of in a Cowboys fan forum. This franchise has been led by eternal optimism.

That is kind of what fans do. We all look for things we feel will help this team win despite the fact we have no control. I see the needs on DL especially at DT at least in my view. I have hope that Gallimore is part of the solution but I can't say for certain. I see promise in Donavon Wilson but I can't say for certain he is a solution at SS but I have hope. I'm not one to just sit around and play hopelessness, pity party games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is kind of what fans do. We all look for things we feel will help this team win despite the fact we have no control. I see the needs on DL especially at DT at least in my view. I have hope that Gallimore is part of the solution but I can't say for certain. I see promise in Donavon Wilson but I can't say for certain he is a solution at SS but I have hope. I'm not one to just sit around and play hopelessness, pity party games.
Critical thinking doesn’t involve hopelessness or pity parties . It’s about analyzing and evaluating the results . We can’t evaluate what hasn’t happened yet.

Speculative optimism is fine and very common but it’s not something I can offer an analysis on until it transpires .

I normally based my thoughts on past results. Once those improve my outlook is more positive based on those results.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Critical thinking didn’t involve hopelessness or pity parties . It’s about analyzing and evaluating the results . We can’t evaluate what hasn’t happened yet.

Speculative optimism is fine and very common but it’s not something I can offer an analysis on until it transpires .

I normally based my thoughts on past results. Once those improve my outlook is more positive based on those results.

Fair enough by looking at this past year I don't think much can be attained by it when dealing with the massive injuries this team had. 9 different OL combos, 4 QB playing on the season. Defensively I think has been in need of help but I think under Marinelli was a little less of an issue with his bend but don't break as opposed to a more aggressive style that lead to giving up a lot more big plays under Nolan. I think Nolan tried to do to much early on and the weakness became glaring. Run defense was the worst I have seen which I constantly gave opposing offense great down and distance situation and kept our defense on their heels. Like many I want to see a heavy influx on defense

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys this next season will end up about 9 adn 7 with good luck and either miss the playoffs or be one and done thats pretty much their ceiling until the get a competent gm and front office

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fair enough by looking at this past year I don't think much can be attained by it when dealing with the massive injuries this team had. 9 different OL combos, 4 QB playing on the season. Defensively I think has been in need of help but I think under Marinelli was a little less of an issue with his bend but don't break as opposed to a more aggressive style that lead to giving up a lot more big plays under Nolan. I think Nolan tried to do to much early on and the weakness became glaring. Run defense was the worst I have seen which I constantly gave opposing offense great down and distance situation and kept our defense on their heels. Like many I want to see a heavy influx on defense
Based on the results last year we are a long way away defensively. Which until further evidence of improvement will make an impact on our results ahead.

Offensively we have potential of being a juggernaut if we can remain healthy. A top offense and bottom defense have modest expectations.

Fortunately in our division it should provide an opportunity to come out on top assuming our rivals don’t improve more. Beyond that it’s difficult to be more optimistic or speculate without more evidence .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Based on the results last year we are a long way away defensively. Which until further evidence of improvement will make an impact on our results ahead.

Offensively we have potential of being a juggernaut if we can remain healthy. A top offense and bottom defense have modest expectations.

Fortunately in our division it should provide an opportunity to come out on top assuming they don’t improve more. Beyond that it’s difficult to be more optimistic or speculate without more evidence .

I don't disagree but I think there are some good players on the defense and areas that must be addressed defense. I look forward to seeing what they do in terms of bringing in players on defense and to see what Quinn and defensive staff are able to do with both vets and rookies.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Before we start speculating on whether Dak can win a Super Bowl how about we see if he is
Able to beat beat one of the better teams/defenses in the league. Let’s start there. Hell we can lower the bar further and say let’s see if Dak can lead the offense to 21 points against a good defense.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
We not gonna win anything until you get rid of the two idiots running the team. Ala, Jerry and Stephen. Just like the Dak disaster going on now. Make a decision! Let Dak walk or sign him! Why the DRAMA?? And every year it's drama in Dallas because of mainly the front office. They SUCK! Plain and simple. We rarely as fans can have a peaceful off season without these two BoZo's causing drama. I know it ain't gonna happen but I can dream. Dream of the day the Joneses sell the Dallas Cowboys. I for one can't wait!! Even tho I know it won't be in my life time. And probably not in a half or more century of life times.:facepalm: Not even worth asking can Dak do it. Question should be will Jerry ruin his chance to win one.

Dre11

Reaction score
even
Not going to get a defense paying Dak $35-40M per year. Especially when paying Zeke $14M/yr, Cooper $20M/yr, Lawrence $20M/yr, and Jaylon Smith $10M/yr.
paying Dak 35-40 and everythng you pointed out , they can improve the defense IF they want. it will take some working, but if they're on their game as cap guys, they can find a way.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
even

paying Dak 35-40 and everythng you pointed out , they can improve the defense IF they want. it will take some working, but if they're on their game as cap guys, they can find a way.

LOL...what game? They go out and spend as little as they can on free agency then way over pay on average talent on defense. Yet let good talent go:facepalm: I don't consider that being good on any level. Not to mention they could of signed Dak for pennies earlier compared to what he'll get now....

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
Here is a secret many won’t tell you about the Chiefs...

Their roster is nothing special.. What makes them special is their schemes and incredibly talented QB.

lol...they may not have the greatest roster, but they aren't void of talent, then add to that the most dangerous and best deep threat in the league at WR, a top 5 TE, and the QB can carry you a long way in any scheme.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL...what game? They go out and spend as little as they can on free agency then way over pay on average talent on defense. Yet let good talent go:facepalm: I don't consider that being good on any level. Not to mention they could of signed adk for pennies earlier compared to what he'll get now....

and that's their problem, they need to change their philosophy on Free agency, When I say on their game I'm talking about working the salary cap

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mahomes is over rated by the media and so many fans. He’s a gifted sandlot QB. He extends the play perhaps as well as any of these mobile type QB’s.

And while not really a running QB kills defenses scampering for 1st downs and additional yardage. He’s very entertaining to watch and will keep the Chiefs on top for years to come if he stays healthy but he’s human like everyone else.

And it was proven he can be stifled like all of the great ones can be with pressure. He’s not invincible .