News: Dak Prescott has a hilarious strategy to handle his new fame

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think I have adjusted expectations for Dez based on how he grew up. I don't think there is anything wrong with giving him some slack due to the circumstances he came from. You don't just get over them because you become an NFL player. Emotionally, that kind of upbringing had to take a huge toll and you can't expect the impact of that to go away just because he is successful on the football field. That is pretty shortsighted to believe that. Lets face it, Odell Beckham can't control his emotions either.

What I do like about Dez is the intensity, effort and hard work he puts forth and while he may not be a team captain, he is not a cancer and he does not get suspended. He just does not always make the wisest decisions.
At some point he needs to grow up. He's been in the league now since what 2010. He's set for life with a 70 million dollar contract. My sympathy is wearing thin for his behavior.

No, we don't expect his upbringing to go away. It's obvious when he opens his mouth but we can expect him to eventually learn a lesson if he wants to remain on the stage he is.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Imagine how much more Dez would be revered if his behavior and demeanor were like Witten for example or a Romo. How about an Emmitt or Ware. And imagine how much more productive he might be without his indiscretions and distractions.

Of course we tolerate his behavior because of his talent level but at some point that could wear thin. Then what are we left with.

Yeah, but.

He isn't those guys, he's Dez. He's emotion. He's fire and passion. He's a firecracker who wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't hurt others while doing so (well, sometimes he hurts himself, with media backlash and overzealous fans and fines).

Like I told someone else, if you want a uniform, conservative-type sport, follow hockey (and choose the Kings, they're amazing), otherwise welcome these types of different dudes that add a different dimension to the team and challenge the status quo. Relax a little, with all due respect. :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We already know that his lack of intelligence slowed his progress initially struggling to learn the routes, etc.

Finally his athletic ability took over but he still has struggles in double coverage and seperation.

I think Dez is as talented as any receiver in the league but it's his mental game which keeps him from totally dominating and now his health is beginning to take a toll.

As he gets closer to 30 his athletic ability will diminish along with any set backs injuries have and he'll need to rely more on his experience and knowledge of the game than just raw ability.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, but.

He isn't those guys, he's Dez. He's emotion. He's fire and passion. He's a firecracker who wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't hurt others while doing so (well, sometimes he hurts himself, with media backlash and overzealous fans and fines).

Like I told someone else, if you want a uniform, conservative-type sport, follow hockey (and choose the Kings, they're amazing), otherwise welcome these types of different dudes that add a different dimension to the team and challenge the status quo. Relax a little, with all due respect. :)
Bottom line ; dudes gotta stay on the field. He's useless otherwise. His injuries are becoming more problematic than his behavior.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Bottom line ; dudes gotta stay on the field. He's useless otherwise. His injuries are becoming more problematic than his behavior.

Now that's a criticism I can get behind, man. That's a whole lot different than what I was referring to in my previous reply to you.

I understand, completely, fan's ire at Dez's injuries. Whether they're his fault or not. Fans expect our players on the field, and I can't fault that specific criticism, Blues. :)

aikemirv

Reaction score
At some point he needs to grow up. He's been in the league now since what 2010. He's set for life with a 70 million dollar contract. My sympathy is wearing thin for his behavior.

No, we don't expect his upbringing to go away. It's obvious when he opens his mouth but we can expect him to eventually learn a lesson if he wants to remain on the stage he is.

Money does not buy happiness or emotional stability, probably makes the later even more difficult with people from your background pulling at you. Hey at least he is not Michael Irvin in the nineties. I will take Dez's antics over what Michael Irvin did every day of the week!

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
come on Dak, stay away from that drive thru garbage.. don't wanna see you turn into the next Jared Lorenzen

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
You get the feeling he just looks at Dez, shakes his head, and says "shut up and do what you're told."

Dak doesn't seem the type to tolerate idiots and drama.
You keep saying this. Who are you trying to convince?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I know it's all tongue in cheek, but I find it amusing that we have fans attempting to give diet and fitness tips to a dude who is carved out of marble.

Dak doesn't need our help I don't think. :)

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
The real measure will be if we see him in Cabo during playoff run.

Ooo yes I went there.