Dak Prescott has surpassed 30,000 career passing yards, becoming the 9th qb in NFL history

garyo1954

Reaction score
Wrong.

Romo has 34,183 franchise passing yards. Dak has 30,310. Dak only needs 3,874 yards to pass Romo and become the Dallas Cowboys franchise passing leader. Dak has a good chance to accomplish that this season, especially since the Cowboys have absolutely no run game and will have to rely on the pass so much more to try to win games in 2024.

Wrong again. Click the link below and go by every year. Scroll down where it shows Dak's passing yards BY QUARTER every year. By far, most of Dak's passing yards have come in the 2nd quarter and the 1st Half as a total when comparing Halfs.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/dak-prescott-prescda01/splits/2024

As for more QBs will be reaching Dallas Cowboys franchise passing leader numbers? I doubt it. It would have to take a QB who is good enough to last 10+ years with the Cowboys. Dak just got an extension to where he will be here through the end of 2028. He has a very good chance to break the Cowboys franchise passing leader record this year. Add another 4 years of an average around 3,800 yards for those 4 extra years after this one, that would give Dak easily over 49k passing yards (roughly around 49,384) if Dak stays healthy. That would take any future QB to become and remain the Cowboys franchise QB for at least 13 years. I seriously doubt that will happen or for anyone to break such a high 49k+ passing yards Cowboys franchise record.
Even if he hits 49K he'll only be around 13th all time with Warren Moon.

Top 3 spots belong to Brady, Brees, and Peyton (all over 71k).

Yeah, it's a longevity record. If he plays to 50 he might get in the top 10.

GMO415

Reaction score

giphy.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You’re wrong I didn’t want the last extension for TR. That said I think most would choose TR over Dak at least he played for 4 quarters. He gets the record good for him it’s another participation trophy for his mantle, he can tell his kids look I never won anything that mattered but I do have the record and I did it with a bunch of jags
Lol. Romo was king of choking leads/games away.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Even if he hits 49K he'll only be around 13th all time with Warren Moon.

Top 3 spots belong to Brady, Brees, and Peyton (all over 71k).

Yeah, it's a longevity record. If he plays to 50 he might get in the top 10.
Must be nice to be able to start early in your 20s and keep start/playing up to 40+ years of age. That's what gets such high passing yard totals.

Age when retired:

-Peyton Manning: 40
-Drew Brees: 42
-Tom Brady: 45

Blue64

Reaction score
Wrong.

Romo has 34,183 franchise passing yards. Dak has 30,310. Dak only needs 3,874 yards to pass Romo and become the Dallas Cowboys franchise passing leader. Dak has a good chance to accomplish that this season, especially since the Cowboys have absolutely no run game and will have to rely on the pass so much more to try to win games in 2024.

Wrong again. Click the link below and go by every year. Scroll down where it shows Dak's passing yards BY QUARTER every year. By far, most of Dak's passing yards have come in the 2nd quarter and the 1st Half as a total when comparing Halfs.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/dak-prescott-prescda01/splits/2024

As for more QBs will be reaching Dallas Cowboys franchise passing leader numbers? I doubt it. It would have to take a QB who is good enough to last 10+ years with the Cowboys. Dak just got an extension to where he will be here through the end of 2028. He has a very good chance to break the Cowboys franchise passing leader record this year. Add another 4 years of an average around 3,800 yards for those 4 extra years after this one, that would give Dak easily over 49k passing yards (roughly around 49,384) if Dak stays healthy. That would take any future QB to become and remain the Cowboys franchise QB for at least 13 years. I seriously doubt that will happen or for anyone to break such a high 49k+ passing yards Cowboys franchise record.
Thank you Dak… I learned a lot
You know what you avoided?
He’s never going to win a championship! Or even come close to sniffing one.
Meanwhile other current QB’s with a lot less yards have been.
If Mahomes were to retire today, he would be considered a great QB.

Dak is and always will be a great pretender… nothing more… who our idiot owner believes in.

So take your stats and realize they mean nothing

Blue64

Reaction score
Must be nice to be able to start early in your 20s and keep start/playing up to 40+ years of age. That's what gets such high passing yard totals.

Age when retired:

-Peyton Manning: 40
-Drew Brees: 42
-Tom Brady: 45
Oh yeah and you forgot one major stat…
They’ve all won at least won SB

Dak will never win one