News: Dak Prescott Hints At New Role For Running Back Tony Pollard

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found it interesting that similar to Parsons working with Dline and LB coaches, he’s been working with WR’s. Is this some kind of secret as this is the first we’ve heard of this?

Not sure if some kind of secret, but just seems logical. I thought they would do this more last season but didn't.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pollard has lined up at WR more this offseason than RB

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It all actually boils down to time in the pocket. Which just drastically decreased yesterday.
That is partially true but how well Pollard will be used depends upon adjustments made due to Tyron Smith's absence. It does not eliminate how Pollard will be used.

What you have emphasized is exactly why Moore must keep his own head screwed on straight during every single possession. He must call plays that counter-balance losses like Smith. Ignoring those types of obstacles makes Moore less of a wunderkind and more like a knucklehead.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That is partially true but how well Pollard will be used depends upon adjustments made due to Tyron Smith's absence. It does not eliminate how Pollard will be used.

What you have emphasized is exactly why Moore must keep his own head screwed on straight during every single possession. He must call plays that counter-balance losses like Smith. Ignoring those types of obstacles makes Moore less of a wunderkind and more like a knucklehead.
We have already seen what he does when Tyron is out. Get ready for more of the same my friend.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have already seen what he does when Tyron is out. Get ready for more of the same my friend.
I would rather wait-and-see and experience what has not happened yet than automatically dismiss what Moore and the offense shall or shall not do.

JBS

Reaction score
New role for TP
Jerry says Tyron replacement is in house

put 2 and 2 together guys

pollard at LT

Kingofholland

Reaction score
When I saw this thread title I immediately thought our LT problem is solved, haha!!! Cowboys will use Pollard at LT as an eligible man to slow down the edge rusher then he'll slide out for a quick pass. The edge rusher will have to account for Pollard or another man will be needed to cover him which frees up others.

Boom, I don't know what everyone has been so concerned about.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was for his exceptional role as a pass catcher at Memphis that out him on the radar, the man was a share back.

If they weren't so preoccupied with proving Booger was right to draft him 4th and extend him, this would not be a surprise to Prescott.

Aven8

Reaction score
More 40-yard slants!

yes! Because the old RB down field passes work so well in the NFL! We might see 10 completions per year in the NFL when those work.

Kidding aside I don’t know why you can’t dump it a ton like the Rams were so successful with with Faulk.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I found it interesting that similar to Parsons working with Dline and LB coaches, he’s been working with WR’s. Is this some kind of secret as this is the first we’ve heard of this?

No. They've been saying it for a while. Read an article almost a month ago that he was working with the receivers coach. Gave me some hope that our plan is to have him and Zeke on the field together with Pollard playing sort of a Deebo Samuel-type role.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think everyone pretty much figured with our WR situation that he would be more of a receiving option this season.