News: Dak Prescott Hints At New Role For Running Back Tony Pollard

Aven8

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore has made it abundantly clear that Tony Pollard will get more touches this season. However, that doesn't mean he'll receive more carries.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott recently complimented Pollard's abilities as a pass-catcher. It sounds like the team has a plan for Pollard at wide receiver.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...nts-at-new-role-for-running-back-tony-pollard

Interesting…..I hope it happens.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore has made it abundantly clear that Tony Pollard will get more touches this season. However, that doesn't mean he'll receive more carries.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott recently complimented Pollard's abilities as a pass-catcher. It sounds like the team has a plan for Pollard at wide receiver.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...nts-at-new-role-for-running-back-tony-pollard

Absolutely.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been saying all off-season, Pollard needs to be used more in the passing game. Get him into open space.
Get him more touches but it doesn't need to come in the run game.

Aven8

Reaction score
I have been saying all off-season, Pollard needs to be used more in the passing game. Get him into open space.

I found it interesting that similar to Parsons working with Dline and LB coaches, he’s been working with WR’s. Is this some kind of secret as this is the first we’ve heard of this?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the Oline in peril, we need a balanced game.

Sheepherder

Reaction score

Seeing as how dak might not have as much time to throw, why not get him more involved in the passing game. Use all the potential resources you have.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...................3 years too late. And of course they havent figured out the running part yet.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Pollard had 139 carries and 104 receptions in his college career.

Reactions: BAT

phildadon86

Reaction score
I can’t imagine he’ll be doing the patented 20 yard comebacks we have all grown to love.
Moore?

Change philosophy? You do realize who he learned under right? Last season the second half was literally the encore performance of Garrett not changing anything.

quickccc

Reaction score
meh .. nuthin new here, imo . .. we hear same ole.... same ole every with Pollard's usages and touches, every year.

Kellen may give him a jet sweep ... and then we won't see it again for the remaining of the year.

and using Pollard best as a pass catcher should Not mean " dump" passes. and safety valves.