Wait. What am I deflecting. Do you know what my original point for bringing up Mahomes? Let me tell you why I brought up Mahomes. I started off saying how Dak isn't an elite quarterback.
I then made my point that for the elite quarterbacks in the game, it doesn't guarantee a team Ws, it only increases the chances of a team to get Ws.
I then said, lets look at a quarterback who's arguably the GOAT. GOAT status is pretty much higher than being elite, correct? Ok cool. I showed how last season, even a GOAT quarterback could not get Ws by himself, the Chiefs record BEFORE he got hurt backs that up.
To conclude, elite or GOAT quarterbacks don't get Ws, teams do. Now how can that be a deflection of anything? What did I deflect?
Matthew Stafford is an elite quarterback. Why is his team's record worse than Kirk Cousins team who isn't an elite quarterback? Is it because Cousins is better than Stafford, or because the Raiders are playing better than the Rams right now?