Twitter: Dak Prescott is Tom Bradying the guy

erod

Reaction score
Talent and capability aside, do you think Romo could stay healthy?

I think that uncertainty, combined with Dak's progress, is why they have made the hard decision to move on.

Agreed, but I don't think they've really made a final decision on anything. Why would they? There's simply no reason to do anything until they have to do something. At 8-1, there's nothing that needs to be done. At 13-3, it will stay that way, but if this thing hits 10-4, and the Giants have caught Dallas, it could change in a hurry.

Only Dallas has an elite QB option standing on the sidelines ready to go.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
That doesn't mean he outplayed Romo. He's not in Romo's league yet. But he played well while Romo was out and the team is 8-1.

Number one rule of sports, don't *** with a streak.
Does the streak end in the regular season or does it end in the playoffs and we all sit around and think what if?

erod

Reaction score
Does the streak end in the regular season or does it end in the playoffs and we all sit around and think what if?

It's fascinating, isn't it?

The Giants will be 8-3 shortly. They have the Browns and the Bears next. Dallas had better keep winning, and Dak had better keep improving.

No other team has an option like Romo standing there on the sideline.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Agreed, but I don't think they've really made a final decision on anything. Why would they? There's simply no reason to do anything until they have to do something. At 8-1, there's nothing that needs to be done. At 13-3, it will stay that way, but if this thing hits 10-4, and the Giants have caught Dallas, it could change in a hurry.

Belichick is going to work this rook six ways to Sunday if we meet up in the SB. And we'll have a totally rusty Romo to turn to at that point. Nice. You know what? It actually wouldn't surprise me if Romo was able to bail out this team yet again. No practice time, no playing time, comes into game in second half of SB down by 14 and manages to pull it out.

Maxmadden

Reaction score

The Giants will be 8-3 shortly. They have the Browns and the Bears next. Dallas had better keep winning, and Dak had better keep improving.

As an owner or a coach I am going to play the odds. As it gets closer to the playoffs they are going to have to make that decision regardless of public opinion.

Denver went with Peyton although I am not sure he was the deciding factor. The decision is so much harder when you are one and done.

erod

Reaction score
Belichick is going to work this rook six ways to Sunday if we meet up in the SB. And we'll have a totally rusty Romo to turn to at that point. Nice. You know what? It actually wouldn't surprise me if Romo was able to bail out this team yet again. No practice time, no playing time, comes into game in second half of SB down by 14 and manages to pull it out.

How fitting that would be.

There's a reason Garrett has extended practices moving forward so Romo can get reps with the first team. They're hedging their bets.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score

If it's 10-4, I'm all for putting Romo in. I'm sure 90% of this board would be as well. But, those chances seem really slim at this point. That's why this decision may signal the end of Tony's career in Dallas.

Tough schedule ahead, so who knows really. NFL is so unpredictable week to week.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Everyone who is comparing this scenario to the Brady-Bledsoe scenario or the Romo-Bledsoe scenario is forgetting one really important thing. Both Brady and Romo OUTPLAYED Bledsoe. Prescott has done no such thing here. He has played great, yes, but he has not outplayed Romo. And Romo doesn't even get a chance to compete.

Well as I recall in New England...Bledsoe never got a chance to compete for the job when he came back from injury either.

He was the starter, beat Brady out to start the year, and when he was healthy to return he was simply relegated to back up and never given the chance to compete for the starting job. After that season they shipped him to Buffalo, if I recall correctly.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Everyone who is comparing this scenario to the Brady-Bledsoe scenario or the Romo-Bledsoe scenario is forgetting one really important thing. Both Brady and Romo OUTPLAYED Bledsoe. Prescott has done no such thing here. He has played great, yes, but he has not outplayed Romo. And Romo doesn't even get a chance to compete.

Yes, it's a different situation, but the result is the same.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If it's 10-4, I'm all for putting Romo in. I'm sure 90% of this board would be as well. But, those chances seem really slim at this point. That's why this decision may signal the end of Tony's career in Dallas.

Tough schedule ahead, so who knows really. NFL is so unpredictable week to week.

I'm actually in favor of putting Romo in if Dak plays poorly and we lose a game in the next couple of weeks then plays poorly in the next game and we're trailing.

If we lose to Baltimore, for instance, to go to 8-2, I don't think you make a move, but if he's struggling against Washington to follow that up, then that would be the end of my leash.

I know some might go longer than that, but 8-3 could drop us into a tie with New York and might put us in the chase position for home-field advantage. I give Romo the chance to right the ship immediately, and if he does it, he holds on to the job until he similarly falters.

We've got our sights set high this year and no player is above being removed from the lineup if their play is hurting those chances. (Of course, I haven't seen anything to tell me that Dak will falter for two straight games so I don't expect there to be a need to replace him.)

Sans back-to-back struggles, I'm not sure what my breaking point would be ... possibly going 2-3 in the next five, but 1-2 or 2-2 might also be a consideration, especially if Dak doesn't play that well in the victories.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not even close to on par. Romo has done it with absolutely no running game or pass protection.

Sunday was Dak's first 300-yard passing game. Romo does that in his sleep.
Actually, the only thing i think Romo does in his sleep is not get injured.

kazzd58

Reaction score

8-1

DTown214

Reaction score
I saw this exact thing in a Youtube comment from the video showing Romo give his speech. And that was the day of the speech. So this guy who tweeted it didn't come up with it. Whoever did though, is genius.

windjc

Reaction score

The Giants aren't going 13-3. The have plenty of tough games left - Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philly, Washington and Detroit. Most likely they lose 3 of those - Dallas, Pittsburgh and one of the others.

They are not a threat to us. In a way I would be FINE with losing to NY again, finishing 12-4 with the #1 seed and playing the Giants in the playoffs. Oh, sweet payback for 2010. :)

But even 12-4 is unlikely as that would mean we finish 4-3 which, barring injury to Zeke and Lee, is not very probable.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Newsflash: Romo is available to compete. Please don't talk to me about fair, Romo played MVP level ball the last time anyone saw him play for an extended period...and has lost his job to a rookie...without even being given a chance to prove himself.

Newsflash: Being healthy and dependable matters. I love Romo and he is a great QB and an even better guy. But his body has broken down on him. He can see that this is Dak's team and has made peace with it-- I think you should too.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Do we put Romo back in, he throws an untimely pick and we all sit around and think what if?

We can play the endless hypothetical game until we're nauseated.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As an owner or a coach I am going to play the odds. As it gets closer to the playoffs they are going to have to make that decision regardless of public opinion.

Denver went with Peyton although I am not sure he was the deciding factor. The decision is so much harder when you are one and done.

The Broncos went back to Peyton because Osweiler started to regress. Dak hasn't shown signs of regression. In fact, he's been improving week by week.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Gents schedule is soft, but I don't see how anybody could actually watch that team and think of them as being one of the top 5 teams. Yes they beat is, but we didn't even have a clue back then. I'm always afraid of Eli, but a team with a -10 TO margin and no running game to speak of should falter some where down the line.