Dak Prescott last 14 games

Reaction score
He's playing for a long-term contract. He's going to take advantage and be as offensive as possible to have more leverage against Jerry.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? You either think Dak is great or Dak sucks? Judging a QB off stats seems a little dumb. Aikman's stats sucked and yet he won 3 SB's and is in the Hall Of Fame.

If a QB gets too much credit when they win and too much of the blame when they lose maybe more people care about wins and losses. Dak started out 13-2.... since than he has gone 21-16.

I honestly see a lot of QB's putting up awesome stats nowadays 300 is the new 200 yards passing a game..... I don't know if I said that right?

I truly believe Dak has the best O line in football. The best WR's in football. Jarwin is a top ten pass catching TE. Top 5 RB in Zeke. Dak has more talent surrounding him than any QB in the NFL. Not even Tom Brady has this much talent on the offensive side of the ball..... So it stands to reason than that Dak should get us to the SB this year or at least the NFC title game.

We give Dak so much credit for these wins... But give no credit to the head coach.

If everyone is convinced that Dak is a stud than why are people acting so insecure about it? Constantly defending him and getting upset. Let's have more posts that do not include Dak.... including from myself. Let's just sit back and enjoy the season and the wins.

Probably not much will change my opinion in 1 season. It seems like most people change their minds after 1-2 series into the 1st half of the 1st game. I want to see when Dallas pays him $40,000,000 a season and they start losing good quality players if Dak can elevate his game and still win..... Past history says that he cannot.

My position has not changed I think Dak on a 1-10.... is about a 5. He is average as far as starting NFL quarterbacks. He is very lucky that he has studs at every single position around him. Some things Dak does better than other QB's. Running the ball, durability, etc. Some things he does not do as well.

It was not that long ago that Dak and the offense went up to Indy and got shutout and embarrassed. I also remember the year before when Zeke was suspended Dak did not play that well. I also remember at the start of last year that Dallas and the offense looked really bad.... the second Amari showed up Dak is again a stud? If Dak is such a stud why than could he not make it work before Amari? He still had Zeke and a great O line. If you tell me that if even 1 cog goes out of the machine than Dak is no good than why does everyone pile on the head coach when 1 cog is missing and they than therefore lose the game..... you all say a good coach should be able to overcome that. Well Dak can't..... but Dak is a stud. And even when the head coach wins a game you all say they are winning in spite of him????

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? You either think Dak is great or Dak sucks?

Judging a QB off stats seems a little dumb. Aikman's stats sucked and yet he won 3 SB's and is in the Hall Of Fame.

If a QB gets too much credit when they win and too much of the blame when they lose maybe more people care about wins and losses. Dak started out 13-2.... since than he has gone 21-16.

I honestly see a lot of QB's putting up awesome stats nowadays 300 is the new 200 yards passing a game..... I don't know if I said that right?

I truly believe Dak has the best O line in football. The best WR's in football. Jarwin is a top ten pass catching TE. Top 5 RB in Zeke. Dak has more talent surrounding him than any QB in the NFL. Not even Tom Brady has this much talent on the offensive side of the ball..... So it stands to reason than that Dak should get us to the SB this year or at least the NFC title game.

We give Dak so much credit for these wins... But give no credit to the head coach.

If everyone is convinced that Dak is a stud than why are people acting so insecure about it? Constantly defending him and getting upset. Let's have more posts that do not include Dak.... including from myself. Let's just sit back and enjoy the season and the wins.

Probably not much will change my opinion in 1 season. It seems like most people change their minds after 1-2 series into the 1st half of the 1st game. I want to see when Dallas pays him $40,000,000 a season and they start losing good quality players if Dak can elevate his game and still win..... Past history says that he cannot.

My position has not changed I think Dak on a 1-10.... is about a 5. He is average as far as starting NFL quarterbacks. He is very lucky that he has studs at every single position around him. Some things Dak does better than other QB's. Running the ball, durability, etc. Some things he does not do as well.

It was not that long ago that Dak and the offense went up to Indy and got shutout and embarrassed. I also remember the year before when Zeke was suspended Dak did not play that well. I also remember at the start of last year that Dallas and the offense looked really bad.... the second Amari showed up Dak is again a stud? If Dak is such a stud why than could he not make it work before Amari? He still had Zeke and a great O line. If you tell me that if even 1 cog goes out of the machine than Dak is no good than why does everyone pile on the head coach when 1 cog is missing and they than therefore lose the game..... you all say a good coach should be able to overcome that. Well Dak can't..... but Dak is a stud. And even when the head coach wins a game you all say they are winning in spite of him????

Well.... first very argumentative reply here. Here's what I think:

1. Well... perhaps Aikman had higher highs than Dak but lower lows and that was what dragged his stats down, otherwise it might've been more apparent how much better than Dak he was. But it's a small sample size for Dak, so that alone makes it difficult to compare him to Aikman.

2. It's true that lots of QBs are putting up high numbers now, but there's also been more great QBs lately. #12 ranked QB is the new #7 ranked QB nowadays. Most people think Ryan, Roethlisberger, Goff, Wentz are 35 million dollar men, but they're ranked anywhere from #8-12 by some metrics. They'd easily be Top 6 or 7 any other era. They've all had moments of high inconsistency. I've seen that from all of those named. Not saying Dak hasn't been inconsistent, but I'm just leveling the playing field here. Dak's numbers are starting to justify him in the same tier as those guys now. His passer rating, his efficiency and his low interception numbers looks like he's about in the tier of those guys... currently. It's true what you're saying that stats don't tell the whole picture, but if you honestly just go by QB rankings to judge how good a QB is, you're just as guilty of over-relying on one metric as the stats-wiz guys are. You can't just look at a QB rankings sheet and base all your opinions on that. That's like... something a 9 year old would be infatuated with.

3. Now hold it there. Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, Texans, Steelers, Saints.... lots of teams have great rosters. I think Texans lack an offensive line and the Steelers need some defensive help, and the Eagles lack a secondary but our roster has some weak spots too. Our defensive line is far from being as good as the Eagles or the Texans, and our linebackers haven't looked as good lately as they have at the beginning of the 2018 year. Our roster alone isn't one tier above the rest of the NFL. Our roster alone isn't gonna win us a Super Bowl. So I wouldn't just heap all the praise on our roster for being so good, then conclude Dak is below them. That's a very shortsighted view, and I fail to see how Dak is so professionally and athletically below the rest of the members of our team.

4. I'm not insecure. I'm discussing a player on the Dallas Cowboys. A Cowboys fan who likes Dak Prescott is most of the Cowboys fanbase. Heaven forbid that that tends to show on a Cowboys site.

5. Those are really base overviews. I'm not sure if you can conclude that he has studs in every position. I don't agree with your "one cog in the machine" theory. I actually think it's very hard to overcome poor conditions as a QB. You'd have to be pretty amazing to overcome it. Usually and historically speaking, a QB has excelled the most when conditions benefited him. All great QBs took advantage of the circumstances given to them, but we've seen even most elite QBs perform far worse overall when circumstances don't favor them. This is a trend that applies to everyone. Dak overcame pretty bad conditions at the beginning of 2018 and gutted out a 10-6 record. I'd say that's something you can look at. Did he make us a Super Bowl level team? No, but I'm not sure who you think can make that team a Super Bowl contending team with receivers and tight ends like those we had.... 2/3 of those out of the NFL now in less than a year. What's your example of a QB that overcame porous conditions and made their team WAY better than Dak did in '18 by going 8-2 in his last 10 games with a upward trending, but still questionable roster?

Last edited:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Lol just follow a few threads it will be pretty clear to you. I’ve been a member for a long time but just recently started posting here.

Took me maybe a week
I know who they are, I been here since day 1 since the DMN Cowboys site, plus my cousin Kevin Burnett was draft by us. So I have a little inside scoop, not a lot but I know a little more then I would normally know.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm very excited about Dak and I think all the things you say are true (anticipation, etc.) , but part of the reason he was dropping dimes is that there was no pressure, and a big part of the reason there was no pressure was the Giants.

What I did like is for the first time I saw him put air under those deep balls, particularly the TD toss to Cooper.
I think you should go back and watch, Dak was getting hit and it wasn't once or twice. Got hit multiple times

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
This all comes down to his weapons. You used the last 14 games - that tracks back to just a few games before they traded for Cooper.

Someone posted earlier the 2018 Week 1 lineup on offense and it’s stunning that they entered the season like that. Forget Kellen Moore and Dak Prescott from a moment; the rest of the offense compared to 2017/2018 is night and day.

This roster is loaded with talent. Tip of the hat to the Cowboys’ personnel department.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'm very excited about Dak and I think all the things you say are true (anticipation, etc.) , but part of the reason he was dropping dimes is that there was no pressure, and a big part of the reason there was no pressure was the Giants.

What I did like is for the first time I saw him put air under those deep balls, particularly the TD toss to Cooper.
He dropped one in the bucket to MG with big pressure. Got slobberknocked and delivered a perfect pass 30 plus down the sideline.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Last 14 games look good. I like how Dak's feet and rythm looked on his pass drops. Nothing but good things to say.

However, Dak ripped up the same sorry NYG last season. I need to see Dak vs the good defenses w/ pass rush to gauge his growth.
uh like who?

saints? seattle? philly? like them? clown post

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I actually think he is better than his rookie season. People say it was just the Giants but he was dropping dimes even when receivers were covered. Was throwing with anticipation, touch and was decisive were he went with the ball. On sounds from the sideline last week Garrett even told Dak that the protection is good and to stand in the pocket longer.

I don't like Garrett much as a coach. But that was good coaching advice. It made Dak settle down and not be afraid of waiting till the last second to throw the ball. Last year he would get antsy and just tuck and run with the ball. This time he looked like a pro QB who wasn't afraid to throw it to tight windows and strikes down field.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

True fact. Most QBs seems to deliver well when there is no pressure. Do you watch the Saints and Patriots play? Defenses don't seem to get any pressure on those two teams. Yet people slobber on how great Brees and Brady is and never give credit to their oline. Funny how Dak's standards are different compared to other QBs.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Nav22

Reaction score
Well.... first very argumentative reply here. Here's what I think:

1. Well... perhaps Aikman had higher highs than Dak but lower lows and that was what dragged his stats down, otherwise it might've been more apparent how much better than Dak he was. But it's a small sample size for Dak, so that alone makes it difficult to compare him to Aikman.

2. It's true that lots of QBs are putting up high numbers now, but there's also been more great QBs lately. #12 ranked QB is the new #7 ranked QB nowadays. Most people think Ryan, Roethlisberger, Goff, Wentz are 35 million dollar men, but they're ranked anywhere from #8-12 by some metrics. They'd easily be Top 6 or 7 any other era. They've all had moments of high inconsistency. I've seen that from all of those named. Not saying Dak hasn't been inconsistent, but I'm just leveling the playing field here. Dak's numbers are starting to justify him in the same tier as those guys now. His passer rating, his efficiency and his low interception numbers looks like he's about in the tier of those guys... currently. It's true what you're saying that stats don't tell the whole picture, but if you honestly just go by QB rankings to judge how good a QB is, you're just as guilty of over-relying on one metric as the stats-wiz guys are. You can't just look at a QB rankings sheet and base all your opinions on that. That's like... something a 9 year old would be infatuated with.

3. Now hold it there. Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, Texans, Steelers, Saints.... lots of teams have great rosters. I think Texans lack an offensive line and the Steelers need some defensive help, and the Eagles lack a secondary but our roster has some weak spots too. Our defensive line is far from being as good as the Eagles or the Texans, and our linebackers haven't looked as good lately as they have at the beginning of the 2018 year. Our roster alone isn't one tier above the rest of the NFL. Our roster alone isn't gonna win us a Super Bowl. So I wouldn't just heap all the praise on our roster for being so good, then conclude Dak is below them. That's a very shortsighted view, and I fail to see how Dak is so professionally and athletically below the rest of the members of our team.

4. I'm not insecure. I'm discussing a player on the Dallas Cowboys. A Cowboys fan who likes Dak Prescott is most of the Cowboys fanbase. Heaven forbid that that tends to show on a Cowboys site.

5. Those are really base overviews. I'm not sure if you can conclude that he has studs in every position. I don't agree with your "one cog in the machine" theory. I actually think it's very hard to overcome poor conditions as a QB. You'd have to be pretty amazing to overcome it. Usually and historically speaking, a QB has excelled the most when conditions benefited him. All great QBs took advantage of the circumstances given to them, but we've seen even most elite QBs perform far worse overall when circumstances don't favor them. This is a trend that applies to everyone. Dak overcame pretty bad conditions at the beginning of 2018 and gutted out a 10-6 record. I'd say that's something you can look at. Did he make us a Super Bowl level team? No, but I'm not sure who you think can make that team a Super Bowl contending team with receivers and tight ends like those we had.... 2/3 of those out of the NFL now in less than a year. What's your example of a QB that overcame porous conditions and made their team WAY better than Dak did in '18 by going 8-2 in his last 10 games with a upward trending, but still questionable roster?
Outstanding post.

He won’t reply because you absolutely destroyed his awful take.

Proof

Reaction score
3821 Total Yards
272.93 Yards Per Game (4366.86 yards total if adjusted per 16 games)
334 Completions
479 Attempts
69.7% Completion Percentage
7.97 Yards Per Attempt
23 TDs
5 Interceptions
104.82 QB rating
10-4 Record

Is there any doubt that he's back in his 2016 form? Those were nearly identical stats to his 2016 rookie year. And his historically low 5 interceptions.... you don't lose many games when a QB averages .25-.35 interceptions per game.

And next 2 games we have the Commanders and the Dolphins... 2 of the worst defenses. Those will complete his terrific 16-game campaign.... and I doubt he won't light up the stat sheets in those games. He's currently playing among the tier of Wilson/Ryan/Rivers/Roethlisberger, and what's interesting is that he's done it TWICE. He's had legitimately 2 streaks (in 2016 and in late 2018/early 2019) where he's put up numbers that pretty much lead to Ws. Say what you want about wins being a team stat, but with those types of numbers.... a team has to do a lot to not win.

I.... don't.... get...the....anti-Dak-ers, like at all.

The thing is, when you have to isolate a stretch of games to put him in the second tier, it’s telling on its own. And I’m a fan.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I take that back. He's in the first tier. :dance:

Dak Prescott

Last 16 games (a full season)

4,336 Yards
271 Yards Per Game
379 Completions
541 Attempts
70% Completion Percentage
8.01 Yards Per Attempt
28 TDs