Video: Dak Prescott Mic'd Up vs. Giants "Hey Dez Listen, But Don't Pay Attention" | NFL

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:facepalm: this is what our standards have become? so a guy that hops around the field all game and is energetic, shouting useless things that mean nothing, obviously has camaraderie with his teammates and that's LEADERSHIP?

When I think of "LEADER" I think of this:

Men that don't take crap from no one and expect 100% EFFORT out of EVERYONE at all times.

I have NEVER seen Dak disciplining anyone on his team. He's a friendly, happy go-lucky guy. OH and he can cry on camera for everyone's sympathy too

There's different styles of leadership and all of which can be very effective. But I don't expect losers that live in their Mom's basement eating pizza, drinking diet Coke and playing Madden would know that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but to me there seem to be an unwarranted need to put lLamar,Murray and Watson into the same tier as Mahomes........they shouldn’t be getting anything near Mahomes or Wilson money....but that just my opinion.

I purposely left Dakota out of those example so my point could be construed as an agenda against Dak.
It is not a comparison situation but one of what's the price of a QB1? The market really has set the QB1 prices just as it will for Prescott. It will not be how much is he compared to Mahomes or Watson or Wilson as it will be what will it cost them to keep him. The market isn't set by what one QB gets and these teams can't even use that, the going rate for e QB1 has skyrocketed and they don't have anyone to blame but themselves but all of the horses were out after the gate closed.

basel90

Reaction score
dak is an average to good QB , a nice person with good character. Having played as QB for an elite offensive system with the cowboys , his stats look good , but results have been mostly bad , especially in games which matter. He was 1-6 against playoff teams last year and had similar results before .
He has not yet lifted the team to wins when the running game stalled, nor has he made players around him better. His body language in losses was a bit non chalante . So if we are in a culture where we want to crown for participation , then he is a great leader . But he has not done much to earn that yet. Let us see how he does in this pivotal year. The jason garrett excuse is gone.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people on this board say

I say they are incorrect. This kid is all about leading this team.

From 13-3 to 8-8 oh he's leading us str8 to a losing record it seems!!

conner01

Reaction score
In MY specific case... I dont put on question (for now) his commitment, or leadership skills. For me the ISSUE is that he is not a TOP NOTCH QB or a AAA+ QB. He has limited skills
He’s top an elite QB
I don’t think many would argue that
But he is a top 10 QB and he’s the best QB we have an option of playing for us anytime soon

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:facepalm:

straw man argument

I agree.

I think the complaint about Dak is the money he wants for the type of player he is and what paying your QB that kind of money does to your teams chances of winning a title.

Dak's a great leader and a very solid QB.

Darkhound

Reaction score
He’s top an elite QB
I don’t think many would argue that
But he is a top 10 QB and he’s the best QB we have an option of playing for us anytime soon

I respectfully disagree.. he is NOT ELITE
But he is the best we have atm.. yes...

Aftershock

Reaction score
There's different styles of leadership and all of which can be very effective. But I don't expect losers that live in their Mom's basement eating pizza, drinking diet Coke and playing Madden would know that.

I'm not bashing Dak at all. I just find it laughable what the standards for leadership have become. I am all for Dak but he has to PROVE it on the FIELD this season. Jumping around with joy and joking with teammates is great and all when we're winning. But, how is he going to respond in those dark moments when the team isn't doing well? So far he hasn't shown much during those moments.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you'll be screaming like a little girl everytime he throws a TD!
No offense to little girls.....

Got those little girls on your mind don't you now?
No surprise fits right into your character....

nmcowboys

Reaction score
I never wanted to see Romo go but dak is our quarterback now and I fully support him !!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Some people on this board say

I say they are incorrect. This kid is all about leading this team.

Did you see Mahomes last night? I have no idea how he is as a leader but im pretty sure he is gonna put a ton of points regardless. Leadership is important, but everything else is a distant 2nd to throwing the ball where it needs to go accurately.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I agree.

I think the complaint about Dak is the money he wants for the type of player he is and what paying your QB that kind of money does to your teams chances of winning a title.

Dak's a great leader and a very solid QB.

Agreed Deshaun Watson looked very ordinary without his top receiver to bail him out. It takes a special player to command that salary because they have to elevate all around them since the pie is smaller for everyone else.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not bashing Dak at all. I just find it laughable what the standards for leadership have become. I am all for Dak but he has to PROVE it on the FIELD this season. Jumping around with joy and joking with teammates is great and all when we're winning. But, how is he going to respond in those dark moments when the team isn't doing well? So far he hasn't shown much during those moments.

3 and out...or it hit Dez right in the facemask..or another podium team needs to play better speech...hey Dak the bus is waiting for you bud.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you think he hasn't shown much then you haven't been paying attention.

Aftershock

Reaction score
If you think he hasn't shown much then you haven't been paying attention.
I have been paying attention. Last season was a proving test for him and he finished the season getting outplayed by Wentz in a playoff clinching game.