Dak Prescott Next Gen Stats - Time to Throw 1 in NFL Week 1

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Well.. my argument on that is pretty simple. Love the dude, but Dak is NO Patrick Mahomes. Why would you even think he could do it the same, and run his offense.

I would say drop the pride and just run what works best. Cater the offense to the strengths and opportunities of the roster.
I know he's not, that's the point.

Time to throw is more of a system/ideology than it is a reflection of how well a QB can process.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I know he's not, that's the point.

Time to throw is more of a system/ideology than it is a reflection of how well a QB can process.
I don’t know dude, you’re changing your argument as it goes on. Your original complaint was the metric didn’t matter because Dak is one of the fastest release QBs in the NFL.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don’t know dude, you’re changing your argument as it goes on. Your original complaint was the metric didn’t matter because Dak is one of the fastest release QBs in the NFL.
Uh, no I'm not.

He is one of the fastest at getting the ball out - AGAIN, especially considering his air yards among that group - but his ability to do that isn't entirely reflective of how well he does/doesn't process. Tua was the only QB last year with a better Time to Throw and a higher IAY

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Uh, no I'm not.

He is one of the fastest at getting the ball out - AGAIN, especially considering his air yards among that group - but his ability to do that isn't entirely reflective of how well he does/doesn't process. Tua was the only QB last year with a better Time to Throw and a higher IAY
Well, I can agree on that point… the time is not always a reflection of ability. But that’s the point of my thread. Coach Mac knows this, got rid of Kellen, and has tried to make it quicker not only for Dak, but the offensive line. I feel like we’re going in circles. You aren’t related to XXLMike by chance?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Well, I can agree on that point… the time is not always a reflection of ability. But that’s the point of my thread. Coach Mac knows this, got rid of Kellen, and has tried to make it quicker not only for Dak, but the offensive line. I feel like we’re going in circles. You aren’t related to XXLMike by chance?
You're wrong that it's going to be functionally quicker. Or, at least, week 1 isn't evidence of it because of the game script.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Whatever it takes to squeeze what you can out of him, I'm all for it.

But will that work against the truly good teams?

Teams will adjust to this.
That's the chess match of football. Teams adjust.. you adjust.. The adjustment to the short passing game is to walk up and disrupt the routes to try and force the QB to hold ball longer or force throws. The obvious danger there is that if the receiver wins at the line of scrimmage you give up a 30 yard pass instead of a 7-8 yard pass.

Still I don't remember a lot of defenses just shutting down McCarthy's Packers offenses even when he was down to the 2nd and 3rd QB over the years. Oh and nothing works against truly good defenses. That's why they're called truly good defenses. You just have to scratch and claw for one more point than the other team scratches and claws for against your defense. I don't care if the Cowboys win every game by one point as long as they keep winning. Never been interested in style points.. and aint about to start now.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I know it's weird but when I'm watching the game now, I do one Mississippi 2 Mississippi three Mississippi if the ball's not out I start getting nervous.... I've been doing this for a decade probably got it from bill Parcells the way it used to treat Tony Romo and practices...
Haha
I called the Dallas pass rush 2 Mississippi.
It's not weird.

erod

Reaction score
That's the chess match of football. Teams adjust.. you adjust.. The adjustment to the short passing game is to walk up and disrupt the routes to try and force the QB to hold ball longer or force throws. The obvious danger there is that if the receiver wins at the line of scrimmage you give up a 30 yard pass instead of a 7-8 yard pass.

Still I don't remember a lot of defenses just shutting down McCarthy's Packers offenses even when he was down to the 2nd and 3rd QB over the years. Oh and nothing works against truly good defenses. That's why they're called truly good defenses. You just have to scratch and claw for one more point than the other team scratches and claws for against your defense. I don't care if the Cowboys win every game by one point as long as they keep winning. Never been interested in style points.. and aint about to start now.
McCarthy implementing this for Dak. Trying to mitigate the recurring issues.