News: Dak Prescott NFC Player of the Week

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If it was a loss what would those stats be called?
The difference between garbage time and incredible effort is how hard the opponent was playing. The Falcons didn't just kick back because they weren't worried. They tried to stop Dallas. I think they went into prevent defense on the last TD, but they paid for it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Excuses ,excuses. Emmitt wom the mvp and secured homefield in the"cold shoulder" game not because he didn't perform hurt but because he actually did show up and put on a performance for the ages. That's why they pay you The big bucks. I am so sick of this wussy participation trophy society we live in. Put up or shut up.
Hey Clyde he couldn't throw a pass with that shoulder. His legs were fine.:lmao2:

Brax

Reaction score
:lmao:Love it when posters like you make fools of themselves with this dribble.
The truth does hurt doesn't it. Dak played great and never gave up, that doesn't change what the stats would be called if it was a L, the big fools are posters celebrating the second game of the season like it was the super bowl. You will be out next week with all the excuses if its a L. Kinda like the "torn ligament in his throwing shoulder and a broken finger" that heal up in week.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Some just can’t admit he had a great game. The while team stepped up and never gave up. But got so lucky with that onside kick. When they stopped the 2 pointer I thought it was over for sure..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The truth does hurt doesn't it. Dak played great and never gave up, that doesn't change what the stats would be called if it was a L, the big fools are posters celebrating the second game of the season like it was the super bowl. You will be out next week with all the excuses if its a L. Kinda like the "torn ligament in his throwing shoulder and a broken finger" that heal up in week.
I'm not celebrating just his 1st 2 games but his entire body of work since he was ROY. I know that doesn't fit your dribble, but tough ****.

Brax

Reaction score
The difference between garbage time and incredible effort is how hard the opponent was playing. The Falcons didn't just kick back because they weren't worried. They tried to stop Dallas. I think they went into prevent defense on the last TD, but they paid for it.
Dak played great but being down 20 he played against a soft D that isn't very good anyway. It took a crazy luck ending to get the win. Dak deserves the praise and kept playing. The win changes it from garbage stats, a loss and we all know what they are called.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am in no way saying Dak lied about his injury, in fact he said "they" didn't effect him. I am just replying to the excuse maker. What would you call playing the next week after "torn ligament in his throwing shoulder and a broken finger" as the excuse maker claims. God stop with your Dak defensive feelings.
Make it make sense though. You tell me what happened then. IS the answer that Dak is just a choker? Or is it that Dak can't beat the Eagles?

Because in the first meeting the Cowboys beat the Eagles 37-10. The facts are we know that Dak got hurt in the Rams game. We know that there were questions leading up to whether or not Dak would play.

We can sit here and say he wasn't really hurt or whatever you're trying to say but one thing we know for certain is that Dak regardless of time or place has had no issue playing the Eagles. If it was a good team I'd understand your logic but what on earth is the logic behind why Dak did not look right in that Eagles game?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak played great but being down 20 he played against a soft D that isn't very good anyway. It took a crazy luck ending to get the win. Dak deserves the praise and kept playing. The win changes it from garbage stats, a loss and we all know what they are called.
Dak by no means was the reason they were losing 20-0 though. He had that poorer fumble early but that didn't cause them to go 20-0. You can give Dak praise without looking like a Dak guy. ITs ok lol.

starfan1

Reaction score
And don't forget @WillieBeamen. Thing about it is, these guys don't mention Dak one bit when he is playing great. At all. They only show up after he has bad games and tell us how terrible he is. They are insufferable. They had their threads ready to go and post once the Atlanta game ended but Dallas pulled of the improbable comeback. So naturally they could not post any trashing of Dak, who single handedly won us this game to salvage this season. It tore them up inside. Their agenda could not be spread this week.
willie while he cant stand Dak he isnt nearly as annoying

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If it was a loss what would those stats be called?
That's what's so stupid about "garbage time" defense people like you use. If he loses by 2 points its garbage time. Its truly dumb logic. That game right there proved that games aren't over until they are over. If you are losing by 40 points in the 4th quarter ok. I understand that. But losing by 21 points or less in the 2nd half does not constitute "garbage time". Garbage time is just a excuse dumb Cowboy fans use to discredit Dak.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Honestly Dak or nobody deserves praise or credit. They can't throw in the towel so they were going to keep playing regardless. People should take this for what it was a very fluke outlier win. Glad as a fan they won but I can't act like it wasn't just luck.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And don't forget @WillieBeamen. Thing about it is, these guys don't mention Dak one bit when he is playing great. At all. They only show up after he has bad games and tell us how terrible he is. They are insufferable. They had their threads ready to go and post once the Atlanta game ended but Dallas pulled of the improbable comeback. So naturally they could not post any trashing of Dak, who single handedly won us this game to salvage this season. It tore them up inside. Their agenda could not be spread this week.

Its a long list of them.....CaptainCrash or whatever his name is, Calytelphonic, DJKhiladi, WillieslowintheheadBeamen, Phillip"YouPeople"Monroe,Matt James, Brax.......who else am I missing?

Brax

Reaction score
Dak by no means was the reason they were losing 20-0 though. He had that poorer fumble early but that didn't cause them to go 20-0. You can give Dak praise without looking like a Dak guy. ITs ok lol.
If you read my posts I said Dak had a great game and didn't give up. Nowhere did I say he was the reason they were down 20 points. The twist to posts some put on here is unreal.

Brax

Reaction score
Honestly Dak or nobody deserves praise or credit. They can't throw in the towel so they were going to keep playing regardless. People should take this for what it was a very fluke outlier win. Glad as a fan they won but I can't act like it wasn't just luck.
How many time have you seen teams give up, Dak played hard and deserves credit for playing to the end. Fluke it was but sometimes it pays to be lucky.

davidariust24

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-bills-qb-josh-allen-among-players-of-the-week

"For the third time in his career, Prescott has been named the NFC Player of the Week on the heels of the Dallas Cowboys' riveting 40-39 comeback victory over the Atlanta Falcons in America's Team's home opener. Prescott made history in the game as he became the first NFL player to record at least 400 yards passing and score three rushing touchdowns. The strong-armed Prescott completed 34 of his 47 attempts (72%) for 450 yards, a touchdown, no interceptions and a 109.4 rating. And he had added three touchdowns on the ground."

Well well. Cant believe Mr. Average accomplished this.
Dak looks like he's going to be a top 5 QB and a possible MVP. He has everything you need. If you want to just go by his arm strength, speed , or any other measureable, then Tom Brady is an average QB as well. This is why he was picked in the 6th round. Russell Wilson has good speed but his arm strength isn't great. In fact when he first got into the league they ran the ball a ton and he wasn't throwing in the volume he is now because of his accuracy and not being able to see over the offensive line which is why he had to roll out a lot when he first began. As good as Aaron Rodgers arm is, he has win alot of games but only one super bowl. Carson wentz has a wicked arm but who would you take Dak or wentz. Dak is a winner and has a will to win and he is a leader that the team willingly follows. In the falcons game he never gave up, never. That says a ton. When they pounced on that onside kick, I knew we were going to win. Everyone on the team did too. This was a signature win for Dak. Lets get this win on Sunday vs the Seahawks and that will seal the deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you read my posts I said Dak had a great game and didn't give up. Nowhere did I say he was the reason they were down 20 points. The twist to posts some put on here is unreal.
Who said this?

Dak played great but being down 20 he played against a soft D that isn't very good anyway.