News: Dak Prescott NFC Player of the Week

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
"The strong-armed Prescott"........I don't remember him being called that before.

They almost make him sound......elite.
Hyperbole smooths the soul.

Obviously he had a game to base his new contract wants on.

But it was Atlanta. Lets be real. Not a juggernaut team at the moment.

All one of their players on the KO team had to do was reach down and pickup the ball and game over.

So he needs and deserves the recognition.

But much more is required and demanded if Jerrah is to stop his tactics.the biggest sticking point now.

Neither Dak nor Jerrah can have a crystal ball to see the future.

The losses in revenue league-wide is really now the main thing. The Cowboys and the rest of the owners have to be in shock about the lack of cashflow and increase of cost to fight the pandemic right now.

Players and owners are going to have to make some changes in the off season going forward.

Dak's big payday is clearly in danger.

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I might like to temper this achievement by mentioning Quincy Carter also won this honor after edging out the 49ers 34-31 in week three of the 2005 season.

Now that I got that foolishness out of the way, Dak had a great game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So if Tyron plays this Sunday are you going to say he was lying about his injury last week? You think a guy getting healthy a week later is miraculous?He didn't hear is ACL lol.

Hmmm...how do you "hear" an ACL. Gonna have to google that.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
There is no substitute for greatness.

This choice was easy given Dak’s historic accomplishment.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak played great but being down 20 he played against a soft D that isn't very good anyway. It took a crazy luck ending to get the win. Dak deserves the praise and kept playing. The win changes it from garbage stats, a loss and we all know what they are called.
I think after playing the way he did, when the defense wasn't gifting anything to him, even in a loss, those wouldn't be garbage time stats... especially since the HC made it more difficult a few times.

shabazz

Reaction score
Being you're a fisherman. Go cheer for Wentzie. He can't even shoot fish in a barrel "against" Washington. :lmao2:

Wentz is yet another overpaid Qb. The good news Is that we didn’t make Dakota one too.

Mahomes and Wilson are in a class all themselves surrounded by overhyped young QBs and veteran Qb’s in their declining years.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I might like to temper this achievement by mentioning Quincy Carter also won this honor after edging out the 49ers 34-31 in week three of the 2005 season.

Now that I got that foolishness out of the way, Dak had a great game.
Most people here, myself included, aren't claiming this one game makes Dak elite, but it was a game he deserves accolades for. Hopefully he can build on it against better teams.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
There is no substitute for greatness.

This choice was easy given Dak’s historic accomplishment.

We’ve seen “historic accomplishments” tag being given to certain people before and how little results they yielded.......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We’ve seen “historic accomplishments” tag being given to certain people before and how little results they yielded.......
This much is true, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't appreciate the effort of a great game.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Most people hear, myself included, aren't claiming this one game makes Dak elite, but it was a game he deserves accolades for. Hopefully he can build on it against better teams.

Maybe I should begin using this....
iu

Brax

Reaction score
Who said this?

Dak played great but being down 20 he played against a soft D that isn't very good anyway.
I did , that to you is bad... Did I blame Dak? No I didn't, were they down 20???? was the D playing soft at that point up 20???? come on. What there isn't true? You also took out of context what I was responding to. You better go back to post 57 and learn to read.

Brax

Reaction score
I think after playing the way he did, when the defense wasn't gifting anything to him, even in a loss, those wouldn't be garbage time stats... especially since the HC made it more difficult a few times.
I look forward to more games like this where he shows all game and against good teams, that is what will tell the story for me.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-bills-qb-josh-allen-among-players-of-the-week

"For the third time in his career, Prescott has been named the NFC Player of the Week on the heels of the Dallas Cowboys' riveting 40-39 comeback victory over the Atlanta Falcons in America's Team's home opener. Prescott made history in the game as he became the first NFL player to record at least 400 yards passing and score three rushing touchdowns. The strong-armed Prescott completed 34 of his 47 attempts (72%) for 450 yards, a touchdown, no interceptions and a 109.4 rating. And he had added three touchdowns on the ground."

Well well. Cant believe Mr. Average accomplished this.

The Prescott haters aren't going to like this. They will come up with things they think is why he shouldn't have gotten it. They will come up with they usual rips and maybe invent some new ones.

shabazz

Reaction score
This much is true, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't appreciate the effort of a great game.

Any win is a positive thing, no doubt. But when one considers that the offense spotted the Falcons 17 points, and then have to rely on hurry up offense, on-sides kicks and questionable calls to pull it out it raises concerns

The Falcons will have a bottom 5 defense and this should have been a blowout in our favor. My opinion Is that this offense is underachieving and playing sloppy. These “Historic Performances” are manufactured because of weak starts and have been this way for some time.

Like I said before, Dakota had 2 of these,”Major Awards” last season against 2 teams with a combined record of 7-24-1 and we still finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs in the worst division in football.