Dak Prescott: Numbers speak louder than the haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice the persistent hate surrounding Dak Prescott as our quarterback by those who voted that "they weren't happy with Dak Prescott being the QB of the Cowboys" by the usual haters.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...he-dallas-cowboys.517731/page-6#post-13174606

It's time to set the record straight and give credit where it's due.

Dak is currently rocking the 2nd spot in MVP odds, and let's not forget he's been delivering some of the best quarterback performances in the league-if not the best.

The numbers don't lie – he's been consistently making clutch plays and leading our team to victory.

Now, there will always be those impossible-to-please individuals who seem to find fault no matter what. Some people just love to hate, and unfortunately, Dak seems to be a target for those who derive pleasure from criticism.

Let's focus on the positives, celebrate the victories, and recognize the talent and dedication Dak brings to the field. The proof is in the stats, and right now, he's among the best quarterbacks in the league.

So, to those still against Dak as our QB – take a step back, appreciate the skill he brings to the game, and let's support our team as we push towards success.

Go Cowboys!
If the poll were a true weekly poll, you wouldn't see more than 5 no votes.
I've brought it up several times but adding "this week" to the poll question
never gets added.
You thread is "exhibit A" as to why it should be added.

By not adding "this week" it gives the impression that this is an annual
question. The last two years have ended with playoff loses to SF. This
season includes a 42-10 beating by SF. So, naturally, many fans feel that
the only measure of success right now is to get past SF or reach the
NFC Championship Game. Sadly, many of you can't accept that as an
optional thought. Instead you label those people as haters.

If it were truly a weekly poll, you'd see a difference. But it's not.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I miss the days when the season didn't really even "begin" until the playoffs.
Now, I guess we are supposed to just sit around and "clap hands".
Those fans are long gone, bro.

The 90s Cowboys fans have either stopped watching or turned into the junk you see today.

I remember when Cowboys fans had some pride. I miss those times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you ever post anything good or is it always stuff like this
He has the same tiring agenda. It’s always stuff like that with him. He receives no enjoyment from the team winning and can never give Dak any credit, despite the fact he’s playing the best football of his career.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The 90s Cowboys fans have either stopped watching or turned into the junk you see today.

You are right, but they are long gone because it's been 25 plus years! Even in the early 80 and early 90's glory days were only at the most a bakers dozen of years or so ago. I really don't blame any fan for the way they feel about this team any more. Those of us who have been around have at least experienced great teams and super bowls, most have not had the pleasure.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Me too.

Nowadays "fans" celebrate like we won the SB the third time in a row when we finally - after 11 games - were able to beat a team with a winning record.

The standards went up the toilett long long ago.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Me too.

Nowadays "fans" celebrate like we won the SB the third time in a row when we finally - after 11 games - were able to beat a team with a winning record.

The standards went up the toilett long long ago.
ALMOST beating the Eagles you'd think we won the Super Bowl here that week.

It's embarrassing.

DZSierra

Reaction score
He has the same tiring agenda. It’s always stuff like that with him. He receives no enjoyment from the team winning and can never give Dak any credit, despite the fact he’s playing the best football of his career.
I just hope his play keeps going through the playoffs. That said, I do think the next 4 games will give us a better idea if his play can hold up vs his last 4 games. That's not a hater, just being honest. That said, he's giving the team hope due to his play, and that's not a bad thing!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are right, but they are long gone because it's been 25 plus years! Even in the early 80 and early 90's glory days were only at the most a bakers dozen of years or so ago. I really don't blame any fan for the way they feel about this team any more. Those of us who have been around have at least experienced great teams and super bowls, most have not had the pleasure.
No, they are NOT long gone. Started watching during the '62 season and have watched all 8 superbowls the Cowboys have played in. We're still here!

I'm enjoying this season but the 28 year drought is long enough. It's time to win playoff games and make it to the big game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I just hope his play keeps going through the playoffs. That said, the next 4 games will give us a better idea if his play can hold up.
The only way his play is going to hold up is if the team holds up around him. The defense certainly can’t play the way it did the other night going forward. We can’t continue with the penalties. We’re going have to play much better against the better teams. If games get put on Dak’s shoulders against these teams coming up and our OL struggles to protect him it’s going to affect his play.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just hope his play keeps going through the playoffs. That said, I do think the next 4 games will give us a better idea if his play can hold up vs his last 4 games. That's not a hater, just being honest. That said, he's giving the team hope due to his play, and that's not a bad thing!
It's surprising, actually. Like I have said, he looks determined so far, his throws are looking good, only two Int's, and he is picking his time to just scoot the hell out of the pocket and get the first down, or TD.

One thing that stood out during his after game interview about his his "yeah...here we go", he said it was because of his oline wanted a different cadence so that is why they are doing that now, and the timing of the plays are looking crisp.

The eagle game will tell us a lot about this team, and the winning streak will stand at Jerra's Mansion where the Cowboy just might, not saying they will, put another 40 on them!

star-ving

Reaction score
I’ve seen improvement in Dak as the season has progressed. He made a couple of smart decisions vs Seattle by throwing the ball away instead of a pick. And I like the way he’s commanding the offense. We’ll see how it goes in the upcoming games against better teams. I don’t get worked up anymore about this team as it’s been the same story since 95. Just entertainment now.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The guy has 25k in posts and he's a troll?

I laugh about the term "troll" on internet forums. Generally it's when someone makes an unpopular comment, first thought is the guy must be a troll LOL

Find any of limited previous posts where I've "bashed" ANY cowboy player, you won't.

The reality is Dallas is a good football team. If the want to be great, over the 3-5 years they will have to make it to the NFC title game and then to the Super Bowl, and hopefully sometime win the whole enchilada. The HAVE to make it past the first playoff game, that's what it's played for.

Dak can have all the stats he wants and earns, but if they don't make a playoff run to the big dance, at the end of the day, what is accomplished? No different than Marino, Kelly, Rivers, Tarkenton or a host of others. You really won't be remember as being great until you win the big game. What kind of banner year did Foles have when he won the big one and yet they put a freakin statue of him outside the stadium?

That's not being a hater, that's just reality.
Trolling is not about making unpopular comments. It is when someone specifically makes a comment to be disruptive. Which is exactly what this person does.

MikeT22

Reaction score
There are critics, and then, there are *aters. There is He has the same tiring agenda. It’s always stuff like that with him. He receives no enjoyment from the team winning and can never give Dak any credit, despite the fact he’s playing the best football of his career.
Good to see Dak playing better. Hopefully we can finally get past the divisional round.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This arguments are typical as they are tired.

Dak generally does well during the regular season. When he does, we have fans who want to hail his accomplishment - and rightly so.

But, for others, it's not about the regular season. It's about how well Dak does in the playoffs. And when he falls short, the criticism becomes an avalanche.

Rinse, wash, dry, repeat ... until the cycle is broken.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Can we say something without finger pointing and labeling people? that can create a very toxic environment
Remember everyone is entitled to his or her opinion . it is sport forum for God sake..
It is a holiday time God Bless

Ken

Reaction score
All this propping up just to get dog walked in Philly or San Fran come the playoffs.
We won't get dog walked by Philly.. .in fact....I think we beat them regardless of what happens next weekend.

Sf...on the other hand....they own us.

Jipper

Reaction score
"Hater" is not name-calling.

It's an actual and accurate word used as a noun in every dictionary around the world to describe:

noun
a person who has an intense dislike for another person or thing (often used in combination):
I'm a big hater of opera.
Are you a dog-hater?

Informal. a person who thrives on showing hate toward, criticizing, or belittling other people or things, usually unfairly:
The guy is just a hater, looking for a fight.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hater
You are very fair in the assement - the issue is that there is a negative stigma with the word that people take the way they do.

I'm a hater of French food, but I wouldn't call myself a French food hater...if that makes any sense

I really hate the way dak has played in big moments against great teams, but I'm not a dak hater....I'm skeptical and not going to be on-board until I see something different

Luckily - the table is set, and it's time to set the hateraide aside and drink the dakeraide IF he can deliver

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are very fair in the assement - the issue is that there is a negative stigma with the word that people take the way they do.

I'm a hater of French food, but I wouldn't call myself a French food hater...if that makes any sense
Agreed, Jipper. I understand why some folks don't deserve to be called haters, when in reality, they are just critics. Haters is for those who downright dislike something or someone and constantly let it be known while allowing their disdain blind them from change or improvement of what or who they dislike so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.