Dak Prescott: Numbers speak louder than the haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipper

Reaction score
Agreed, Jipper. I understand why some folks don't deserve to be called haters, when in reality, they are just critics. Haters is for those who downright dislike something or someone and constantly let it be known while allowing their disdain blind them from change or improvement of what or who they dislike so much.
100 percent agree and I hope we all are talking late next week about how dak has turned the corner and helped the cowboys turn the corner.

I love this team and want them to succeed, as do most of us....time is now

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
100 percent agree and I hope we all are talking late next week about how dak has turned the corner and helped the cowboys turn the corner.

Amen, brother!

Jipper

Reaction score
Amen, brother!
Back at ya.

What makes me happy on this site is when people back off on support of a player and say that they are skeptical - then when said player succeeds they support and get behind him.

It's just this concept of unbiased hope that keeps pur fanbase going....I have seen it so many times over the years.

I lost faith after dak at sf this year...but I kept hope and now I have optimism...I just don't want to have my heart broken again next week..

Let's go cowboys...let's go dak...screw the eagles

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Its not just his numbers, its his play on field. Him and the whole team is playing with more confidence. Which in turn makes fans more confident in the whole system heading in to the post-season.

No matter what anyone says, false hope or not... we havent seen the whole team play together like this in quite a while.

Its gonna take all of them, its not soley on Dak's shoulders anymore.

nobody

Reaction score
"Hater" is not name-calling.

It's an actual and accurate word used as a noun in every dictionary around the world to describe:

noun
a person who has an intense dislike for another person or thing (often used in combination):
I'm a big hater of opera.
Are you a dog-hater?

Informal. a person who thrives on showing hate toward, criticizing, or belittling other people or things, usually unfairly:
The guy is just a hater, looking for a fight.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hater
Jipper has a point. It's name-calling when used in a certain context, brother. Do you know how tiring it is to support Dak for years, have nothing against him, but don't believe him in and suddenly being accused of being a hater and hating the guy? You and I get along very well except where Dak is concerned. I appreciate this reasoned reply you presented, but I disagree because context matters.

nobody

Reaction score

Honestly, I think Dak and the Cowboys are going to stomp the Eagles. He's been playing great and usually kicks tail in divisional matches. The last lost wasn't really on him.

1942willys

Reaction score
Winning BIG games shuts up people best of all.

So far Dallas has not done that this season.

Until we do then its all background noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.