Dak Prescott or Trey Lance? Part I: Worst-case scenario for the Cowboys

Chasing6

Reaction score
I honestly think that the best way to handle the situation with Trey Lance is to try him as an option to replace Rush rather than Dak. His experience as a starter in the preseason would be mostly against backup players, which wouldn't offer the best picture of his belonging as a starter. If he's unable to beat out Rush for the backup spot, it's probable that he would best be traded, waived or relegated our #3 backup QB. I think it'd be foolish to hurry him into being a starter and risk taking several years, or even more, to find a starting QB and fully develop him.
There would be zero trade value to Trance at the end of preseason.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
that magical 4 round pick has caused the fall of our mighty dynasty. Curse you Trey, and Jerry. We hate you but we will never quit watching you and sitting on the edge of our seats for your magical words. Love you Jer.
I could almost make a new thread every day about how I hate Jer, but I'll continue to support him every day. love you buddy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There would be zero trade value to Trance at the end of preseason.
Ideally, that would depend upon how well Lance conducts himself during the testing period that lies ahead. I doubt the team is mainly interested in trading him at this juncture, but rather, they'd like to find out what the best is that he has to offer the team in the here and now. The season that lies ahead is in question, also and some answers are due. That's only being fair to him and the team, as well. Now is the time for positive action.

Thinking in terms of trading him at this point in time would only take away from his concentration and the potential development that might be of great service to him. I feel confident that the staff wants to make sure that he has the best opportunity to succeed in his training regimen now and during his experience in training camp. If Lance manages to prove himself highly capable, it would very likely benefit the team in the long run.

Last edited: