Dak Prescott ranked 1 free agent of 2021

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
In four seasons as starter, Chargers were 30-28, 12-4 (division winner) and 9-7 his final year in San Diego. Hard to label the totality of Brees tenure there as "sucked turds".
What have they ever won? The entirety of the chargers is summed up in sucking turds. It’s in their DNA. They find new ways to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.
Brees leaving was inevitable after the injury anyways. And Dak isn’t Brees. Brees is simply light years ahead in being able to read a defense. Something Dak struggles with.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Good top 25 list. Interested to see what happens to Trent Williams, SF has little to no cap for next year and I don't remember the last time an elite LT legimately hit the open free agency market

Motorola

Reaction score
Yeah, what about the #2 FA? Lord, does DAL need him worse.
Also, what’s Sportanaut? Never heard of it.
It's SPORTSNAUT (sportsman.com)....a sports website that primarily covers the major sports in America; approaching its seven year anniversary (launched January 27, 2014).

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
What have they ever won? The entirety of the chargers is summed up in sucking turds. It’s in their DNA. They find new ways to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.
Brees leaving was inevitable after the injury anyways. And Dak isn’t Brees. Brees is simply light years ahead in being able to read a defense. Something Dak struggles with.
My reply to you was about Brees' time there- not about the Chargers in general, or their overall history.

pansophy

Reaction score
But we know this isn't true, based on comments made by Dak's agent last year.

I am unsure of how long you have been posting on the board or, more specifically, in these threads but, allow me to say that these threads have been going on for many, many months and even years. All aspects have pretty much been discussed. This is why most you encounter will likely be very set in their views. Until more or new info is introduced, there is really nothing that will come of this IMO. Just rehash of several old discussions.

That probably sounds harsh but it's 100% true.
This was published today, so the media still considers length of contract to be the sticking point last time around. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-says-qb-dak-prescott-leverage-contract-talks

...and also https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ween-33m-and-35m-yr-with-over-100m-guaranteed

Agreed, we won't have a sense of what is happening this go around until new information comes out.

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
It's SPORTSNAUT (sportsman.com)....a sports website that primarily covers the major sports in America; approaching its seven year anniversary (launched January 27, 2014).
7 years. That’s an eternity on the interwebs....
LOL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This was published today, so the media still considers length of contract to be the sticking point last time around. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-says-qb-dak-prescott-leverage-contract-talks

...and also https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ween-33m-and-35m-yr-with-over-100m-guaranteed

Agreed, we won't have a sense of what is happening this go around until new information comes out.

I think that we've already established "lenght of contract" as an issue. But that's not really what was in questions. It was if the money was not an issue or not, as was espoused to earlier. I mean, the length of the contract is obviously an issue. The team needs it to be longer so as to fit the cap. Dak wants to hit FA again soon. But the money, I'm not convinced that's not an issue either.

Frozen700

Reaction score
https://sportsnaut.com/top-25-potential-nfl-free-agents-of-2021/

"1. Dak Prescott, quarterback, Dallas Cowboys

The devastating ankle injury Prescott suffered back in Week 5 should not impact him in free agency. Heck, the Cowboys would be smart to double down with their most-recent offer of making him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in NFL history. Prior to suffering said injury, Prescott had tallied over 7,100 total yards with 45 total touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his previous 21 starts. He’s a franchise quarterback. He will get paid like it."

I don't understand the people who say "nobody but Dallas would look at him." :lmao: Once more of those lists release, Dak will make the Top 3 of every list. He is the highest commodity of this offseason if he were to not sign with Dallas, and he's ranked #1 here.

I'm not saying at all that I want him to leave (he's still my first choice for the Cowboys QB next year) - just making a point that he's the most wanted guy in the NFL right now, and the majority of the media and the NFL personnel agree.

Yeah he's way better than Mahomes.

He will go down as the best QB ever

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No surprise as he was playing at an elite level this year before the injury.

Elite indeed. Dak and his offense set the all time NFL record for offense that the Greatest Show on Turf Rams team held through the first 4 games.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
https://sportsnaut.com/top-25-potential-nfl-free-agents-of-2021/

"1. Dak Prescott, quarterback, Dallas Cowboys

The devastating ankle injury Prescott suffered back in Week 5 should not impact him in free agency. Heck, the Cowboys would be smart to double down with their most-recent offer of making him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in NFL history. Prior to suffering said injury, Prescott had tallied over 7,100 total yards with 45 total touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his previous 21 starts. He’s a franchise quarterback. He will get paid like it."

I don't understand the people who say "nobody but Dallas would look at him." :lmao: Once more of those lists release, Dak will make the Top 3 of every list. He is the highest commodity of this offseason if he were to not sign with Dallas, and he's ranked #1 here.

I'm not saying at all that I want him to leave (he's still my first choice for the Cowboys QB next year) - just making a point that he's the most wanted guy in the NFL right now, and the majority of the media and the NFL personnel agree.
in every list dak wont be top 3, hell be the top spot in every list

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just a scenario....what if....Dak signs with another team on the first day of free agency, because Jerry did not tag him thinking no one would want him. Dalton, too, is scooped up by a team, and Dallas has no quarterback. The team is stuck with, Gilbert DiNucci and/or drafting whatever QB the team can get.

I know there will be a contingency which relishes the idea of jettisoning Dak.

But what moves in 2021could be made to be competitive considering the lack of leadership at QB. And a defense that couldn't stop a sleepy baby from taking a nap?

The faction that believes it couldn't get worse could be very wrong.

We would have to go out and sign a guy like Stafford for 30-35 million. And just think what all the 5 million would do to help us win a title? :muttley::muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
...from the looks of it, Dak might be getting Mahomes money, without even a SB win. After seeing Suds and Eagles flood the place, good QB's are a rare gem.

Why do you think he will be getting Mahomes money? Because of a bunch of cry baby trolls on here keep telling you he will?

Dak was fine with 35 million for 4 years. That is a fact.

Praxit

Reaction score
Why do you think he will be getting Mahomes money? Because of a bunch of cry baby trolls on here keep telling you he will?

Dak was fine with 35 million for 4 years. That is a fact.
..I agree, I would have gone 5 years for 35 year.

Steve007

Reaction score
Of course he is. I bet if he hit the market the skins would give up the farm for him. And we would have him shredding our secondary 2 times a year lol.
Also mark this down. Trevor Lawrence will be a bust. His impact won't be worth a number 1 overall pick. Fields will be better. Dak vs Wentz part 2.
Dak isn't going anywhere and Trevor Lawrence is the real deal.