Dak Prescott said he is not trying to become the NFL's highest-paid QB

khiladi

Reaction score
He got the most guaranteed money and only got 2 out of 6 years. Finesse.
So it’s not just about the guaranteed money, it’s about the 6 years contract then?

So whose contract was worth more, Flacco or Romo?

So again, what was I speaking about?

blueblood70

Reaction score
First of all this posturing in public none of it is true from both sides anybody who believes one side or the other it's not paying attention..

this is just posturing this is public court of opinion type things, they're trying to make fans take sides and not poke blame at one or the other they don't want to be be called greedy Prescott and his group do not want to be seen as greedy but behind the scenes they do probably want 60 million, they know they probably can't get it but if that's their starting number they're more likely to get 55..

Jerry said just test this theory come out in public offer the guy 48 million with a four-year contract & it make it fully guaranteed and see what Daks people do.... But if he wants to fully guarantee contract, he can't have a no trade clause and a no franchise tag clause he needs to give something this time.. But if he wants more than that then it won't be fully guaranteed give him 52,000,000 what's put him in the top five but only make 75% of it guaranteed...​
We can all play this game I mean this is just a game getting fans to take sides it's almost political... Something like this is probably going to get done before the season or it won't but it's not off the table I promise you all this posturing acting like they're not gonna sign some of these guys are long term contracts are just clickbait,​
I mean they're literally trying to make fans so stirred up that they daily talk about this so that way the website is getting its traffic that it needs for the advertisers that's why they call it clickbait a lot of this is not true..​

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think there is any offer on the table, and if there was it was canned after the GB debacle.
I can’t get JJ statement out of my head about him giving credit to MM for Dak’s season. He went out of his way to make that point. Which is also the reason I don’t think Mike gets the axe especially if the other QB shows huge growth.
This is where my mind's at as well. McCarthy has his flaws, but having a strong developer of QBs in times of uncertainty at the position does make alot of sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know what my point was as it's stated clearly in my posts and nothing of what I said was wrong and you were just looking for excuses.
Did I even say you were wrong? I thought I just stated he got higher guaranteed money and you took offense….what excuses did I make?

khiladi

Reaction score
Did I even say you were wrong? I thought I just stated he got higher guaranteed money and you took offense….what excuses did I make?
The Cowboys came to Romo to make room for cap space, the new contract giving them an extra 5 million to work with. He was given the highest contract on franchise history, he wasn’t made the highest paid player in the league. Plus, 6 years was standard, as Flacco also got it. That was probably the reference point.

No, what you originally in response to the facts I stated...

The deal makes Romo the highest-paid player in Cowboys history and tops the $52 million in guarantees that Joe Flacco received from the Baltimore Ravens as part of his six-year, $120.6 million pact.

Romo had 1 playoff win to Flacco’s SB run….

Basically, you confirmed exactly what I stated. Talking about guaranteed money says nothing about the fact that Flacoo made more than him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, what you originally in response to the facts I stated...

Basically, you confirmed exactly what I stated. Talking about guaranteed money says nothing about the fact that Flacoo made more than him.
Post where I said you were “wrong” or made excuses?