Dak Prescott said he is not trying to become the NFL's highest-paid QB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I usually don't give a 2nd thought to poor grammar or misspellings, but for some reason whenever someone spells 'a lot' as 'alot', it drives my up a wall. It's such a minor thing to get irritated about.
Yeah I mean it’s the internet so I can’t get too up in the arms over it but we all have our pet peeves…

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Romo signed that contract to with a bad back…..finessed Jerry lol.
He didn't fleece Jerry as bad as Dak did - not even close. I think his last contract in 2013 was a 6 year, 108 mil deal, which equates to roughly 18 mil a season. Less than 10 years later Dak will fleece Jerry out of 40 mil a season.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn't fleece Jerry as bad as Dak did - not even close. I think his last contract in 2013 was a 6 year, 108 mil deal, which equates to roughly 18 mil a season. Less than 10 years later Dak will fleece Jerry out of 40 mil a season.
:laugh:

He signed a 6 year deal in 2013. Injured in 2015…benched in 2016…2 years out of 6 is a finesse lol.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I don't think it was the money necessarily, it's the demanding of a shorter deal, hamstrung the salary cap. Longer deal could have been spreaded. Dak wanted to get as much as he could, and then do it again in two years. That isn't team friendly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not even a thing. You either win the MVP or your don't. There is no such thing as an MVP runner up. It's the same as claiming you were nominated for an Oscar. Means nothing but it massages your ego.
I would disagree with the comparison. For the most part, people forget MVP runner ups in sports. It is rarely mentioned again during a professional athlete's career. The distinction might prominently re-surface after a sports career has ended and people tally up accolades over the course of time.

People inside and outside the movie industry are constantly reminded of Oscar nominations. Movie trailer comes out. "Oscar nominee so-and-so is blah blah blah" That nomination may have happened 20 years ago but people will get in thrown back at them virtually every time a new film comes out, lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
giphy.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
The Cowboys came to Romo to make room for cap space, the new contract giving them an extra 5 million to work with. He was given the highest contract on franchise history, he wasn’t made the highest paid player in the league. Plus, 6 years was standard, as Flacco also got it. That was probably the reference point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys came to Romo to make room for cap space, the new contract giving them an extra 5 million to work with. He was given the highest contract on franchise history, he wasn’t made the highest paid player in the league. Plus, 6 years was standard, as Flacco also got it. That was probably the reference point.
The deal makes Romo the highest-paid player in Cowboys history and tops the $52 million in guarantees that Joe Flacco received from the Baltimore Ravens as part of his six-year, $120.6 million pact.

Romo had 1 playoff win to Flacco’s SB run….

khiladi

Reaction score
The deal makes Romo the highest-paid player in Cowboys history and tops the $52 million in guarantees that Joe Flacco received from the Baltimore Ravens as part of his six-year, $120.6 million pact.

Romo had 1 playoff win to Flacco’s SB run….
FRANCHISE history.. like I said…. Romo got 108 millions, which is 14 million less overall than Flacco…

BKBDAD

Reaction score
“I’m not trying to be the highest paid…ah,…necessarily”. Necessarily? Peculiar way to close out that comment.

Sounds like a man that knows what’s up.
I’m glad you posted the “necessarily” part of the quote!
#1. DAK DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE THE HIGHEST PAID QB! He is 2 - 5 in the playoffs which is THE WORST % among active players. Unless he’s willing to take a substantial cut in pay for a 2nd or 3rd season, which he won’t do, pay him the 60 million + and in 2025, be done with him!!! Then sign a decent veteran at around 15 mil. & then draft a big time college player and start over! They need to sign CD next season & the next year they need to sign Micah! It’s gonna take $$ they won’t have!!

LocoBates

Reaction score
Sounds like he knows he will be gone. Desperate attempts to work on a bargain deal so Dallas can keep him, otherwise he will be fully exposed and the other Teams FO will not cover him like the mediocre Dallas FO does.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Oh my goodness........I'm reading this for the first time. IMO, this is over ........I just don't see how they can repair this, especially the money he's asking.

“I’m not going to say I fear being here or not. I don’t fear either situation, to be candid with you,” Prescott said (via NFL.com’s Coral Smith). “I love this game and love to play and love to better myself as a player and my teammates around me. Right now it’s with the Dallas Cowboys, it’s where I want to be, and that’s where I am, and that’s the focus. And after the season we’ll see where we’re at and if the future holds that. And if not, we’ll go from there

TwentyOne

Reaction score
You have to ***** the value of the contract in the context of that time. Romo got a very big one and it hurt us for years

And to me that was one of the worst contracts JJ handed to a player. From the beginning how he manouvered himself into a position where we had no other choice as to sign Romo. Romo knew that and he played it fully to his advantage.

Now with Dak and his second contract we did exactly the same.

The guy tells us he looks in the mirror critical of himself asking where he has to be better? Nah.... Only to find some hairs he left out while shaving.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I usually don't give a 2nd thought to poor grammar or misspellings, but for some reason whenever someone spells 'a lot' as 'alot', it drives my up a wall. It's such a minor thing to get irritated about.
You will have to pardon me, as I have decent grammar and spelling, however I am a terrible typist...especially on my -dumb- phone.:laugh: