Dak Prescott: Sexual Assault Accuser Drops Lawsuit/Re-files in Collin County

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then maybe you should have worded it that way rather than open yourself up like you did.

If this was an actual crime the woman should have gone to the police, and if found guilty Dak would have absolutely deserved jail time. But that isn't what is happening here. It's just some woman trying to squeeze some money out of a guy for an encounter that may or may not have even happened.
Or maybe you should’ve read the whole sentence? Everyone who did understood what I meant but I acknowledged already I could’ve worded it differently. Not being jailed for rape sounds crazy and despite my issues with some on this site I’d never assume that even about them.

I’m a Dak fan but I can’t pretend to know what happened. I don’t think we will ever know.

Aftershock

Reaction score
What a pathetic remark. That gold digging person dropped her charges because she had absolutely no proof. Hope Dak makes her pay in court and has her arrested for such a horrible accusation.
You don't even know what's going on behind the scenes, why are you acting like Dak is 100% innocent here? No one knows anything until more comes to light. Could be possible that Dak paid her off to shush.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It will end like the Irvin thing. He did nothing wrong and counters. She drops it and eventually he will drop it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You don't even know what's going on behind the scenes, why are you acting like Dak is 100% innocent here? No one knows anything until more comes to light. Could be possible that Dak paid her off to shush.
Seriously doubt it. Dak sued her first after she tried to extort him. You don't have to like Dak to see what's going on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Then maybe you should have worded it that way rather than open yourself up like you did.

If this was an actual crime the woman should have gone to the police, and if found guilty Dak would have absolutely deserved jail time. But that isn't what is happening here. It's just some woman trying to squeeze some money out of a guy for an encounter that may or may not have even happened.
Well, to your last part….

It seems an encounter did happen because Dak, at first, said he didn’t even know the girl. Then later changed his story to it being consensual.

Yes, the change in story is weird and unnecessary, but let’s just let it play out.

phildadon86

Reaction score
@Reality

Can this title be fixed? The case was dropped and refiled in a different county.

The fact you are asking this shows that your issue with Dak is personal. Why do you care what the thread title is?

She dropped her sexual assault lawsuit and is refiling to defend herself in the county Dak is suing her in.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The fact you are asking this shows that your issue with Dak is personal. Why do you care what the thread title is?

She dropped her sexual assault lawsuit and is refiling to defend herself in the county Dak is suing her in.
Because at the time I posted that, you’re a day late, many people were posting with misleading information that wasn’t accurate. The title of the thread was misinforming people and has since, thanks to me, been changed to a more accurate title.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because at the time I posted that, you’re a day late, many people were posting with misleading information that wasn’t accurate. The title of the thread was misinforming people and has since, thanks to me, been changed to a more accurate title.
You just want to see the guy burn. At any cost.

He is being accused of something very serious and from everything I have read, including her own attorney saying she will drop the charges and forget what "happened" if he pays her a substantial sum leads me to believe its a money grab.

You however dont read those articles. You only read and post negativity. You are talking about the truth? You wouldnt know the truth if it hit you in the behind.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You just want to see the guy burn. At any cost.

He is being accused of something very serious and from everything I have read, including her own attorney saying she will drop the charges and forget what "happened" if he pays her a substantial sum leads me to believe its a money grab.

You however dont read those articles. You only read and post negativity. You are talking about the truth? You wouldnt know the truth if it hit you in the behind.
It’s not my job to pass a judgement. I root for truth to prevail.

I just thought that the title needed updated, apparently the mods did also, and it was updated to a more accurate title.

“The case has been dropped” is WAYYYY different than “the case has been dropped and moved to another county” don't you think?

Facts don’t care about your feelings and neither do I.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It’s not my job to pass a judgement. I root for truth to prevail.

I just thought that the title needed updated, apparently the mods did also, and it was updated to a more accurate title.

“The case has been dropped” is WAYYYY different than “the case has been dropped and moved to another county” don't you think?

Facts don’t care about your feelings and neither do I.
So why are you ignoring the "Facts" of the fact her own attorney said "she will forget all of this if you pay her"

Or are those facts not ones you like to discuss?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So why are you ignoring the "Facts" of the fact her own attorney said "she will forget all of this if you pay her"

Or are those facts not ones you like to discuss?
What are you talking about?

You find me a post where I’ve said anyone is guilty and then I’ll answer your question.

Because the title of the thread was made accurate you’re taking that as a judgement being passed? Dak fans are insane.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about?

You find me a post where I’ve said anyone is guilty and then I’ll answer your question.

Because the title of the thread was made accurate you’re taking that as a judgement being passed? Dak fans are insane.
I know mods/admin work really hard so titles accurately reflect content.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It seems an encounter did happen because Dak, at first, said he didn’t even know the girl. Then later changed his story to it being consensual.

Yes, the change in story is weird and unnecessary, but let’s just let it play out.
In all honesty, I'm not even keeping up with the story. The bits and pieces I read or hear about are coming strictly from CZ. Local news in DFW did mention the refiling in Collin County last night, so outside of that my only knowledge of this case is what I read here. CZ is where I found out about this case, and this the only place where I see updates.

What Dak initially said was probably very accurate - a young athlete with a lot of money is going to attract a lot of attention if you catch the meaning. I'm sure it really did require a bit of 'who is this girl again? Oh yeah, now I remember'. It's a problem I never had to worry about.

And yes, people need to just let the story run it's course. Eventually it will fade away. I do think if Dak is innocent, he needs to stick to his guns. Caving and paying this woman off will certainly be looked at differently.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In all honesty, I'm not even keeping up with the story. The bits and pieces I read or hear about are coming strictly from CZ. Local news in DFW did mention the refiling in Collin County last night, so outside of that my only knowledge of this case is what I read here.

What Dak initially said was probably very accurate - a young athlete with a lot of money is going to attract a lot of attention if you catch the meaning. I'm sure it really did require a bit of 'who is this girl again? Oh yeah, now I remember'. It's a problem I never had to worry about.

And yes, people need to just let the story run its course. Eventually it will fade away. I do think if Dak is innocent, he needs to stick to his guns. Caving and paying this woman off will certainly be looked at differently.
Yup.

If he’s innocent he shouldn’t settle. Because that will make him look less than innocent.