Dak Prescott: Sexual Assault Accuser Drops Lawsuit/Re-files in Collin County

1942willys

Reaction score
Maybe, up to this point all I've heard as far as evidence goes is mostly he said/she said stuff so you could be right. With these types of accusations though I'll always to slow to draw conclusions. Until we see some actual evidence to show Dak did wrong or this thing gets thrown out I wouldn't recommend taking sides.
dak has been around for 8 years and and this is the only thing that has shown up at all. No hints or rumors or anything else.
So frankly the SMART thing to do is believe he is innocent. This not taking sides thing is just cowardice. And it is the sort of thing that actually facilitates false actions and lawsuits.
You stand up for a guy that has shown he is a good guy until the evidence SHOWS he is not
That is what a thinking and reasonable person does

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
dak has been around for 8 years and and this is the only thing that has shown up at all. No hints or rumors or anything else.
So frankly the SMART thing to do is believe he is innocent. This not taking sides thing is just cowardice. And it is the sort of thing that actually facilitates false actions and lawsuits.
You stand up for a guy that has shown he is a good guy until the evidence SHOWS he is not
That is what a thinking and reasonable person does
Dak is innocent until proven guilty, and I believe that fully. With that said though every single local news in the country has the story of the nice/quiet guy who ended up going to prison and neighbors all get interviewed saying they would have never guessed it. It's not crazy to think that even a stand up person could have a moment of weakness late night outside a strip club and (assumably) under the influence. For that reason I think you let this play out, and I wont be speaking ill of Dak because of the situation until we actually see some evidence. I don't know Dak, never met the guy so it would be foolish for me to blindly throw my support behind him on this though. I can literally only speak to his character from what I've seen through my TV screen.

If this girl is full of it then Dak is doing the right thing here with the counter suit and she will end up paying in the end. If fully applaud Dak for taking the counter actions he has instead of going with a quick payoff as that's what helps stop these false claims. You and I sitting behind a keyboard on an internet message board doesn't do anything one way or the other.

Creeper

Reaction score
Interesting. She is refiling in Collin County for convenience since Dak filed his countersuit in Collin County. I wonder if the court asked her attorney to move the case out of Dallas.

1942willys

Reaction score
Dak is innocent until proven guilty, and I believe that fully. With that said though every single local news in the country has the story of the nice/quiet guy who ended up going to prison and neighbors all get interviewed saying they would have never guessed it. It's not crazy to think that even a stand up person could have a moment of weakness late night outside a strip club and (assumably) under the influence. For that reason I think you let this play out, and I wont be speaking ill of Dak because of the situation until we actually see some evidence. I don't know Dak, never met the guy so it would be foolish for me to blindly throw my support behind him on this though. I can literally only speak to his character from what I've seen through my TV screen.

If this girl is full of it then Dak is doing the right thing here with the counter suit and she will end up paying in the end. If fully applaud Dak for taking the counter actions he has instead of going with a quick payoff as that's what helps stop these false claims. You and I sitting behind a keyboard on an internet message board doesn't do anything one way or the other.
In this day and age when its so hard to hide anything, I do not believe that is justified any more. And that only happened VERY RARELY so its really not a valid excuse
Those that claim they do not judge are actually judging that the person is not worth defending.
I have been very vocal about wanting another QB then Dak because I think he cannot get us over the hump
BUT IN THE END it is only a GAME. Not really that important at all.
THIS is important; this can destroy a persons life.
I say I believe DAK until there is real evidence that shows otherwise. THAT is the responsible thing to do.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"What’s the price you can put on a rape? The trauma that comes with that? The humiliation that comes from that? There’s not a price you can put on that. We are willing to negotiate it, yes," the woman’s lawyer, Yoel Zehaie, said in March.

Why would this lawyer say anything like this my god..."We are willing to negotiate it" again no one but the 2 involved know what happened..this lawyer is doing the client no favors...

Sydla

Reaction score
Actually, they went to the same county Dak filed his case in.

Do you believe Dak’s filing in that county was also a hail mary attempt?
I think what makes it a hail mary was the fact she asked for a ridiculous sum to keep quiet.

A buddy is an attorney and handles sexual assault cases (has experience as a prosecutor and now in private practice) and he says he always takes these things seriously. But he said in Dak's case, when someone shows up, says I'll keep quiet for a ridiculous sum, it raises red flags.

Maybe it happened and maybe she has evidence but something about this smells like a shakedown.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
She will drop the case and not pursue criminal charges if he settles for 100 million dollars. Wouldn't she want Dak to go to jail if he did what she says.

nobody

Reaction score
She will drop the case and not pursue criminal charges if he settles for 100 million dollars. Wouldn't she want Dak to go to jail if he did what she says.
She might not have enough evidence. She might be going under the advisement of her lawyer that it would fail in criminal court. Civil court requires less slam dunk evidence though. But to just come out and say it like her lawyer did about willing to negotiate? Definitely a money grab.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Anyone who understands the demographic makeup of different counties in North Texas knows exactly why she did this and exactly what it means with respect to her allegations.

Going any deeper than that will get me banned on this board.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Actually, they went to the same county Dak filed his case in.

Do you believe Dak’s filing in that county was also a hail mary attempt?
Dak had no choice but to file his claim in Collin County. The woman suing Dak had multiple options from which to choose from.

The reason she is moving the claim to Collin County by choice is abundantly clear.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
man-holding-big-settlement-check-agreement-money-GNX48F.jpg

And no one here esp the Dak lovers can prove me wrong..........as trust me she signed a confidentiality agreement!!!

TWOK11

Reaction score
Why did Dak have no other choice but she did?
Between Dak’s two residences, the location of the alleged crime and the services involved in the claim she had three counties to choose from (Collin, Denton and Dallas).

My understanding is this woman lives in Collin County and the alleged crime occurred in Collin County. Thus Dak has only one county in which he can file.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
She might not have enough evidence. She might be going under the advisement of her lawyer that it would fail in criminal court. Civil court requires less slam dunk evidence though. But to just come out and say it like her lawyer did about willing to negotiate? Definitely a money grab.
If she doesn’t have enough evidence for criminal what does she have that’s gonna win civil?

Tim93gt

Reaction score
Between Dak’s two residences, the location of the alleged crime and the services involved in the claim she had three counties to choose from (Collin, Denton and Dallas).

My understanding is this woman lives in Collin County and the alleged crime occurred in Collin County. Thus Dak has only one county in which he can file.
Both of his residences are in Collin County, albeit 10 mins from one another, and the incident took place in Collin. Change of venue for this was coming eventually.

Demographics aside, Collin county judges don’t mess around.