Dak Prescott stats when the game is tied in the 4th quarter or OT

johneric8

Reaction score
63-80 (78.7%)
848 passing yards (10.6 YPA)
9 touchdowns
0 interceptions
148.3 passer rating

Among players with at least 50 attempts in such situations, that’s the highest QB rating, YPA and completion % in NFL history. The next closest in terms of rating is 128.2. Dak has the second most pass attempts ever without an INT in this scenario.
Pretty amazing for a bus driver who can't put a team on his back or throw deep ;)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
63-80 (78.7%)
9 touchdowns
0 interceptions
148.3 passer rating

Among players with at least 50 attempts in such situations, that’s the highest QB rating, YPA and completion % in NFL history. The next closest in terms of rating is 128.2. Dak has the second most pass attempts ever without an INT in this scenario.
We have more primetime victories in any other team in the league since he’s been in the league, I believe. I no longer have aspirations of failure when the game is on the line. Yeah Prescott is clutch

johneric8

Reaction score
Too bad members on here can't openly critique Dak when he falters instead of blaming coaching, defense, special teams, waterboy, etc. Some people can learn from Dak I suppose.
That's a load of Bs. If he has a poor showing most of us will openly admit Dak had a poor game or wasn't at his best. The difference is, we don't go on nut rolling tirades like some of y'all haters do about how he sucks and will never win big games after a poor showing. Any reasonable fan can see he is amazing, but isn't infallible.

Just admit there are those of us amoung you that know a great QB when they see one. From day one dak has shown he has every intangible. But keep on blaming Dak if it helps clean up your mirrors reflection.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think, thankfully, DLaw dropping the whole Hot Boyz nonsense and these younger players stepping up will humble him a bit. Collins I fear may be a possible issue seeing as how he showed up to camp last season in really poor shape before his injury and then the whole suspension thing this season.....needless to say Steele stepping up puts Dallas in a better position to deal with him. Hill, he seems another 2nd round afterthought but Gallimore I would like to see more from alongside Osa.

While Collins got himself suspended being a knucklehead this year upon further review we now know that the reason he came into camp in poor shape was that his hip was hurt and he couldn't go hard in his training. My guess is that it got hurt in that car accident but Covid kept him from getting it properly evaluated. Toughness has always been a double edged sword for football players. We often refuse to acknowledge pain.. The game demands that of us. I am willing to chalk Collins not getting that hip taken care of because pain tolerance is a fact of life for football players and sometimes it's hard to differentiate between a nagging pain and a serious injury because guys power through stuff that would put normal people in the hospital every week in the NFL. Really at all levels of football.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's a load of Bs. If he has a poor showing most of us will openly admit Dak had a poor game or wasn't at his best. The difference is, we don't go on nut rolling tirades like some of y'all haters do about how he sucks and will never win big games after a poor showing. Any reasonable fan can see he is amazing, but isn't infallible.

Just admit there are those of us amoung you that know a great QB when they see one. From day one dak has shown he has every intangible. But keep on blaming Dak if it helps clean up your mirrors reflection.
The issue. Critiquing is something we all do. Hating there is a difference . You have to realize the consistency of the critiquing just goes to show you . Is it really critiquing or just plain out don’t want him. I’ve always said he needs to learn how to drop the ball and over the linebacker before the safety. It seems he’s done that. That’s critiquing. To say. He’s nothing without the RuN Game. It’s simply just ragging

USArmyVet

Reaction score
While Collins got himself suspended being a knucklehead this year upon further review we now know that the reason he came into camp in poor shape was that his hip was hurt and he couldn't go hard in his training. My guess is that it got hurt in that car accident but Covid kept him from getting it properly evaluated. Toughness has always been a double edged sword for football players. We often refuse to acknowledge pain.. The game demands that of us. I am willing to chalk Collins not getting that hip taken care of because pain tolerance is a fact of life for football players and sometimes it's hard to differentiate between a nagging pain and a serious injury because guys power through stuff that would put normal people in the hospital every week in the NFL. Really at all levels of football.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there something about Collins slipping while on a fishing trip? Not sure if that is accurate and if so the timeline in relationship to his injury but more curious than anything.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lol . Imagine 40 years of marriage and she still wants to talk

She wants to talk......with you or at you? There is a difference, trust me. lol (I am the rare blessed sole whose ex-wife refuses to speak even if it is about our daughter)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So Dak is the best OT passer in the history of the NFL.., and the best closer game 4th quarter passer in the history of the NFL. He set a record for the most yards in any 4 game stretch last year.. Seems like the list of things that he's doing better than anybody has ever done in the history of this game is piling up. This dude is legit.. We need to all just take a step back and embrace it. We have what may well be the best QB in the league on our roster. There is no need to continue to tiptoe around it. There are guys who look sexier while doing what they do.. but nobody is playing the game any better.. Period.. Let's pray he keeps it up!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm all for constructing criticism, but how you and others spent the entire off season ragging on Dak to now come out and say well it is all the about the team. BS sale that crap some where else. You dogged him and not man enough to stand up and say Dak is playing top football and leading this team.

When Dak has had bad games I say so but you guys do not let up, but now that he is making some here look like fools and now it is all about team and Dak is merely just driving the bus.

:clap::bow::bow:

LovinItAll

Reaction score
63-80 (78.7%)
9 touchdowns
0 interceptions
148.3 passer rating

Man, where are all those dudes that posted here in 2018 that Dak was JAG and that NO OTHER TEAM would pay him $15MM/yr and that $25MM/yr would be a 'stupid JJ contract'? Maybe they're still here but I just have them blocked, idk.

Not good for us, but how smart was the young man's agent to get the 4 year deal signed? Two bites at the apple and if he stays healthy, he'll make generational money. Already has, really.

He may or may not end up being better than Mahomes, but there's an excellent chance he makes more money lifetime than Patrick if you back out their rookie deals.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
63-80 (78.7%)
9 touchdowns
0 interceptions
148.3 passer rating

I’m shocked!

I heard in here that he was an average bus driver that doesn’t impact winning?