Twitter: Dak Prescott: the stitches came out today

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeah no need to make it any more complicated than this.. Get well, come back, ball out.. End of transmission..
While simplistically true, this guy needs to figure out how teams have been flummoxing him in his last several games and do mental work along with his physical rehab.

Because he's not been performing against good teams that put him in situations that make him uncomfortable.

He has to battle beyond that and that's as much mental as physical.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
While simplistically true, this guy needs to figure out how teams have been flummoxing him in his last several games and do mental work along with his physical rehab.

Because he's not been performing against good teams that put him in situations that make him uncomfortable.

He's looked like he has deer in the headlights too much lately.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Oh it's much more mental than physical. Dak's problem is his own lack of patience and that of his OC. They both need to accept that when teams play that cover 2 shell you absolutely HAVE to take the short throws and keep matriculating the ball down the field. He also needs to quit letting defenses trick him into audibling from run to pass based on the fake stacked look. When they stack the line to try and force you to get away from a pass you can't always fall for it. Sometimes you simply need to audible into a run play that takes advantage of the fact that they have so many pieces stacked in the middle. Shift to an overload to one side, seal the edge and run off tackle or outside. Catch them stacking the middle and make them pay for it .. not by audibling to a predictable pass play into dropped 7 or 8 guys but by sometimes running outside. Seal them off and eat them alive off-tackle.

Corso

Reaction score
He's looked like he has deer in the headlights too much lately.
Yeah.
This might not be popular, but when I see him on the field with the team I'm asking myself why he's not hitting the vids and the books while he has the chance.

Kellen needs to be on him about educating how to counter what and why the D's are being thrown at him.

I know his physical limitations and all that, but he can counter with being smart against his weaknesses.

Corso

Reaction score
Oh it's much more mental than physical. Dak's problem is his own lack of patience and that of his OC. They both need to accept that when teams play that cover 2 shell you absolutely HAVE to take the short throws and keep matriculating the ball down the field. He also needs to quit letting defenses trick him into audibling from run to pass based on the fake stacked look. When they stack the line to try and force you to get away from a pass you can't always fall for it. Sometimes you simply need to audible into a run play that takes advantage of the fact that they have so many pieces stacked in the middle. Shift to an overload to one side, seal the edge and run off tackle or outside. Catch them stacking the middle and make them pay for it .. not by audibling to a predictable pass play into dropped 7 or 8 guys but by sometimes running outside. Seal them off and eat them alive off-tackle.
Yes. Absolutely.
Hence why he and his child-OC should be on this like their lives depend on it.
I don't want him doing his rah-rah on the field.
I want him figuring out why he's failing and finding solutions.

Mannix

Reaction score
Just showed Dak on the field running with teammates....just who in the hell is in charge of his post surgery aftercare anyway??? Any surgery to arm, hand, finger, elbow, wrist, etc. requires plenty of immobilization, rest, and elevation...especially in the first two weeks after surgery....not jarring activities like running. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Not that it matters.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Just showed Dak on the field running with teammates....just who in the hell is in charge of his post surgery aftercare anyway??? Any surgery to arm, hand, finger, elbow, wrist, etc. requires plenty of immobilization, rest, and elevation...especially in the first two weeks after surgery....not jarring activities like running. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Not that it matters.
Dr. Jerry probably cleared him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Not that it matters.

Dude I shattered my thumb playing flag football.. and had rods inserted for two weeks and had surgery and stitches on bone and ligaments. They took the rods and stitches out after two weeks and started me on PT immediately after. They never told me to stop running and other physical activity. In fact they told me the more "normal" activity I could engage in the better. Now they didn't tell me to go play football or anything like that but they definitely wanted me to keep active and keep working the digit (pun intended) to avoid build up of scar tissue. And PT should stand for painful torture because the stuff that lady did to my poor thumb would have made medieval torture chamber attendants proud.

mrmojo

Reaction score

Not that it matters.
The Players run the team under Jerry...don't you remember..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely.
Hence why he and his child-OC should be on this like their lives depend on it.
I don't want him doing his rah-rah on the field.
I want him figuring out why he's failing and finding solutions.

Well I do think that watching from the sideline (though I think it might be even better watching from the booth) will do him a lot of good. The fact that he can't throw also means ALL he can do is work footwork and arm mechanics. Which could be an absolute blessing for Dak. But watching Rush stay in a run play (because he is less experienced) and still having success might be just what the doctor ordered for Dak. At some point he's gotta learn that DCs are TRYING to get him to abandon the run especially early in games.. because they know the offense is orders of magnitude easier to stop when we do.

Corso

Reaction score
Well I do think that watching from the sideline (though I think it might be even better watching from the booth) will do him a lot of good. The fact that he can't throw also means ALL he can do is work footwork and arm mechanics. Which could be an absolute blessing for Dak. But watching Rush stay in a run play (because he is less experienced) and still having success might be just what the doctor ordered for Dak. At some point he's gotta learn that DCs are TRYING to get him to abandon the run especially early in games.. because they know the offense is orders of magnitude easier to stop when we do.
Right, but I think watching from the sidelines is minimal lessons.
He needs to get in the room with Kellen and figure this problem out.
He needs to do mental exercises and study more, as it appears he's just being the QB that he is and not adjusting to the opposition.

This could make him a more effective QB when put in situations for him to fail.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude needs his head absorbed into how teams defend him 17/7 right now.
I'll give him 7 hours sleep to recharge, but he needs to study like nobody's business how teams are playing him and play mental games with himself with physical movements.

Doesn't Jerry have a VR room, or something?
Dude needs to live in it, if so.

And Jerry needs one, if he doesn't.
He needs a sports psychologist. I think that's the only way he reaches his ceiling.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Right, but I think watching from the sidelines is minimal lessons.
He needs to get in the room with Kellen and figure this problem out.
He needs to do mental exercises and study more, as it appears he's just being the QB that he is and not adjusting to the opposition.

This could make him a more effective QB when put in situations for him to fail.

Problem is I don't think Moore CAN figure this problem out.. Or should I say he won't. Moore thinks "yards are yards" so there is no amount of study that is going to convince him of the value of a 3 yard run and of 15-20 3 yard runs just like it pounding on the defense. I think Dak is going to have to figure this out for himself in much the same way Romo eventually had to overcome Garrett.

Yesterday I watched Derrick Henry average about 2.5 yards per carry through his first 12-14 carries but then late in the game he started breaking off some big ones. He still didn't have a BIG day but he finished with a respectable 20 for 85. We see great backs do it every Sunday.. pound away at the defense until the dam breaks.. Our OC and by extension our QB doesn't have the patience to do that. So if we fall behind by 3 points we play as if we're down 3 scores. And it sucks.

People always get caught up in "magic numbers" of runs or run/pass ratio.. but in reality it's never about these imaginary magic numbers.. It's about calling the right play at the right time for the right defense. Period.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He needs a sports psychologist. I think that's the only way he reaches his ceiling.

I do worry that the ankle pointing sideways, followed by the shoulder, followed but the calf stole Dak's aggressive running nature from him.. and that has always been a huge part of his game. It's what separated him from QBs who can't hurt the defense with his legs. I think it gets HIM going as well as his teammates. I think he needs to get back to being that guy. He doesn't need to be Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray but he needs to be willing and able to go pick up a first down to keep a drive alive when we need him to.. instead of standing back there patting the ball waiting for one of his 3 receivers to get open against a 7 man zone.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
I believe episiotomy stitches come out in 1 to 2 weeks…….pretty routine

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do worry that the ankle pointing sideways stole, followed by the shoulder, followed but the calf stole Dak's aggressive running nature from him.. and that has always been a huge part of his game. It's what separated him from QBs who can't hurt the defense with his legs. I think it gets HIM going as well as his teammates. I think he needs to get back to being that guy. He doesn't need to be Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray but he needs to be willing and able to go pick up a first down to keep a drive alive when we need him to.. instead of standing back there patting the ball waiting for one of his 3 receivers to get open against a 7 man zone.
He did have a decent first down run in game 1.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He did have a decent first down run in game 1.

True but he needed about 4-5 more.. and there were times when it was available to him and he just didn't take it. I don't know what's going on with him in that regard .. I mean I get that snapping one's bones like a twig probably forces one to face one's own sports mortality. I know I personally thought I was indestructible until I shattered a few of mine.. But if Dak is going to continue to play and get back to playing at a high level he's got to move past that. Getting broken in half is in the back of every player's mind.. but you can't let that stop you from playing the game the way you need to. If it does then it's time to retire because you can't play this game scared.. You just can't.