Twitter: Dak Prescott: the stitches came out today

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Problem is I don't think Moore CAN figure this problem out.. Or should I say he won't. Moore thinks "yards are yards" so there is no amount of study that is going to convince him of the value of a 3 yard run and of 15-20 3 yard runs just like it pounding on the defense. I think Dak is going to have to figure this out for himself in much the same way Romo eventually had to overcome Garrett.

Yesterday I watched Derrick Henry average about 2.5 yards per carry through his first 12-14 carries but then late in the game he started breaking off some big ones. He still didn't have a BIG day but he finished with a respectable 20 for 85. We see great backs do it every Sunday.. pound away at the defense until the dam breaks.. Our OC and by extension our QB doesn't have the patience to do that. So if we fall behind by 3 points we play as if we're down 3 scores. And it sucks.

People always get caught up in "magic numbers" of runs or run/pass ratio.. but in reality it's never about these imaginary magic numbers.. It's about calling the right play at the right time for the right defense. Period.
You may be right and this is where both Dak and Kellen need to get real with each other.
I can do this and that, so what do we do when this and that happens to counter my this and that?
How should I call out of plays to make an advantage rather than being manipulated by the D pre-snap look?

They need to get to work on this.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Oh it's much more mental than physical. Dak's problem is his own lack of patience and that of his OC. They both need to accept that when teams play that cover 2 shell you absolutely HAVE to take the short throws and keep matriculating the ball down the field. He also needs to quit letting defenses trick him into audibling from run to pass based on the fake stacked look. When they stack the line to try and force you to get away from a pass you can't always fall for it. Sometimes you simply need to audible into a run play that takes advantage of the fact that they have so many pieces stacked in the middle. Shift to an overload to one side, seal the edge and run off tackle or outside. Catch them stacking the middle and make them pay for it .. not by audibling to a predictable pass play into dropped 7 or 8 guys but by sometimes running outside. Seal them off and eat them alive off-tackle.

you just admitted to the fact that our QB is not football smart. Congrats.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You may be right and this is where both Dak and Kellen need to get real with each other.
I can do this and that, so what do we do when this and that happens to counter my this and that?
How should I call out of plays to make an advantage rather than being manipulated by the D pre-snap look?

They need to get to work on this.

100%. they need to ditch those automatics based on defensive alignment.. Or at least change them up. Every good DC in the league knows them now so they need to self scout and change the plays that they go to against those looks.. Cause.. newflash ... they only work against chumps.. They need to stop being seduced by the fact that they can use the formulas to torch bad defenses and recognize that good defenses have an answer for it.. It's the only way we get out of this rut.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
True but he needed about 4-5 more.. and there were times when it was available to him and he just didn't take it. I don't know what's going on with him in that regard .. I mean I get that snapping one's bones like a twig probably forces one to face one's own sports mortality. I know I personally thought I was indestructible until I shattered a few of mine.. But if Dak is going to continue to play and get back to playing at a high level he's got to move past that. Getting broken in half is in the back of every player's mind.. but you can't let that stop you from playing the game the way you need to. If it does then it's time to retire because you can't play this game scared.. You just can't.
Hence, the sports psychologist.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
So, is McCarthy going to pull a Parcells and start calling Dak a she?