Video: Dak Prescott Week 2 vs the Jets Analysis by The QB School

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasticman

Reaction score
Stats are cute. But they mean nothing.

This is prime proof they don't.
I see, facts mean nothing when they contradict your narrative.

Businesses, the government, and other organizations spend a great deal of money to build entire departments whose job it is to provide them with statistics. They are a factual record of events. This allows them to make informed decisions based on a realistic outlook of what has actually happened.

When we watch a game, we typically forget about 95% of what actually happened. Seriously, how many plays do you remember from the game only 4 days ago? Stats give us a summary of everything that actually happened by creating a record of performance.

Stats mean something. They are prime proof that your opinion holds bias for some reason.

Zman5

Reaction score
I see, facts mean nothing when they contradict your narrative.

Businesses, the government, and other organizations spend a great deal of money to build entire departments whose job it is to provide them with statistics. They are a factual record of events. This allows them to make informed decisions based on a realistic outlook of what has actually happened.

When we watch a game, we typically forget about 95% of what actually happened. Seriously, how many plays do you remember from the game only 4 days ago? Stats give us a summary of everything that actually happened by creating a record of performance.

Stats mean something. They are prime proof that your opinion holds bias for some reason.
Don't you know the "eye test " trumps all facts? LOL.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Consistent inaccuracy leads to drops of all sorts. It makes receivers have to expand their catch radius because they really aren't sure where the ball will be. Defensive backs drop balls a lot anyway.

Sure, these bounces and mistakes happen to all quarterbacks. But some much more than others based on how good of a ball they typically throw. If the receiver knows the ball will be in a certain tight area, then he's less likely to drop it, but if he turns knowing it could be in a much larger circle, the odds of adjusting quickly enough to catch it are lower.

Like a lot of quarterbacks today, Dak throws inconsistently and not in proper timing with routes.

He's not horrible, but he's not particularly good in that way either.
yet, Dak has one of the highest completion percentages over his career. hmmm, we either have super duper, great out of this world WRs or you are full of BS.

I mean who can forget Ryan Switzer, Terrence Williams, Cole Beasley, Noah Brown, Tavon Austin, BLake Jarwin, Geoff Swaim, Deonte Thompson, Brice Butler,

I mean the list of these WRs with 18 feet catch radius is just way too long for me to post

erod

Reaction score
stats are cute, but they mean nothing, until I can find a stat that fits my narrative and agenda, then stats are everything.

how many times did you say Rush, 4-1?
Wins and losses are results, not stats. They actually count toward something, such as winning championships.

Dak's "completion % should be high with all the dinks and dunks he throws.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
yet, Dak has one of the highest completion percentages over his career. hmmm, we either have super duper, great out of this world WRs or you are full of BS.

I mean who can forget Ryan Switzer, Terrence Williams, Cole Beasley, Noah Brown, Tavon Austin, BLake Jarwin, Geoff Swaim, Deonte Thompson, Brice Butler,

I mean the list of these WRs with 18 feet catch radius is just way too long for me to post
I don't expect you to understand this.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
If we played the jets without Rodger’s and other bad teams 17x a year Dak would be a mvp candidate as checkdown radio.

Of course, when we play teams with a pulse he will struggle because everyone knows after 2 games that he is both inaccurate downfield but also apprehensive to do that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wins and losses are results, not stats. They actually count toward something, such as going to the playoffs.
hmmm, how can I tell you....wins and losses are a "stat". completions are results, completion percentage is stat. so on and so fort.

you are an amatuer in this...

erod

Reaction score
yeah, basically you couldn't answer so you punted....except it was a shanked punt

btw, you are now tagged. you can never speak to any Dak stats...not even a QBR from a bad game....you hate stats, right?
Don't you have a fantasy football roster to turn in to Billy?

erod

Reaction score
hmmm, how can I tell you....wins and losses are a "stat". completions are results, completion percentage is stat. so on and so fort.

you are an amatuer in this...
You got drilled at this a long time ago, stat boy.

CWR

Reaction score
You want some stats? Here you go.

Brandon Love leads the NFL in passer rating. Yes, Brandon Love.

Kirk Cousins is second. He's 0-2.

Then it's Jared Goff, Russell Wilson, Gardner Minshew, and Baker Mayfield.

Will people please learn to ignore statistics? Pretty please with a pick-six on top?

Love also has the 3rd or 4th worst completion percentage. Crazy that nets as well at qbr. I think its because his td rate is stupidly unsustainable. I don't follow it closely, but imagine there are a ton of outliers early in the year, while data is limited.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want some stats? Here you go.

Brandon Love leads the NFL in passer rating. Yes, Brandon Love.

Kirk Cousins is second. He's 0-2.

Then it's Jared Goff, Russell Wilson, Gardner Minshew, and Baker Mayfield.

Will people please learn to ignore statistics? Pretty please with a pick-six on top?
The Vikings turned the ball over 4 times vs the Jets and none of them were interceptions.

They didn't lose because of their QB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Threw a dropped pick six.

Missed Ferguson wide open for a touchdown.

The suicide throws that almost got CeeDee, Pollard, and Gallup hurt.

The defense dominated, so it didn't matter.

C.
I see the trash analysis hasn’t stopped

plasticman

Reaction score
Wins and losses are results, not stats. They actually count toward something, such as winning championships.

Dak's "completion % should be high with all the dinks and dunks he throws.
Wins and losses are results.
Results are stats.

Therefore,

Wins and losses are stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.