Dak Prescott within reach of becoming Dallas Cowboys All Time Franchise Passing Leader

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As the 2024 season is about to get started, Dak Prescott is getting ready to start his 9th season as QB of the Dallas Cowboys. If one takes a look, Dak Prescott is only 4,725 passing yards away from becoming the All Time Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader.

Mod Edit: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/career-passing.htm

Screenshot-20240717-095200-Chrome.jpg

Not bad after only starting 9 seasons, considering it took Tony Romo 10 seasons as a starter to become the current franchise passing leader, along with Troy Aikman before having taken 12 seasons.

What do you think? Will Dak Prescott become the Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader by the end of this upcoming 2024 season?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As the 2024 season is about to get started, Dak Prescott is getting ready to start his 9th season as QB of the Dallas Cowboys. If one takes a look, Dak Prescott is only 4,725 passing yards away from becoming the All Time Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader.

Screenshot-20240717-095200-Chrome.jpg

Not bad after only starting 9 seasons, considering it took Tony Romo 10 seasons as a starter to become the current franchise passing leader, along with Troy Aikman before having taken 12 seasons.

What do you think? Will Dak Prescott become the Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader by the end of this upcoming 2024 season?
Pretty good for a guy they said can’t throw and should be a tight end.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's only eclipsed 4500 yards twice so I don't think he gets there. If they get the running game going, I think that limits him even further. I'm thinking 3500 - 4000 is most likely for this season assuming it doesn't fully implode.
Yeah I am thinking 4000 to 4200 at the most. If the run game has success.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I could care less who rules Stat Mountain. Aikman led us to 3 SB's, Staubach to 2 and Danny White at least got us to 3 NFC championship games. Dak and Romo, not so much.
You make a decent argument, but...reaching and winning SBs is a team accomplishment. Becoming a franchise passing leader is a totally different subject.

leeblair

Reaction score
Ok, I will bite.

How has the league handicapped the D while the rules have become very lopsided for the O?
They can't touch the quarterback, can't hit the receivers, and can't do any of the things they were allowed to do in the past to slow the receivers down.
Nowadays the quarterback is playing two hand touch, and he doesn't have to fear being hit.
Any twelve year old with a decent arm can do what Dak does.
And he'd probably be tougher against playoff caliber teams.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's a team game but here you are championing an individual stat that takes a team to accomplish.
Yeah, I thought Dak did not have any weapons? He only does not have weapons when he craps the bed, but from the other side of the mouth he has all kinds of passing records. Yeah, right!