Dak proved a lot of fans wrong

Cowboysrgv85

Reaction score
It's one game. Let's pump the brakes. Zeke counted for 150 rushing and 80 some yards of dak's passing. Dak made some nice throws but he still threw wide on a few.

InTheZone

Reaction score
one game in forever and dude is like *Nelson Voice*, "HaHa"

We're all glad he did good. Some of us still see he struggles with over the middle passes and reads and those outside passes won't always be there, but the ones he threw for the most part were spot on. You're in complete denial if you didn't see the difference in accuracy when Dak was throwing high balls/grounders with a clean pocket in prior games.

The stupid 2nd to last drive that ended with a FG Dak did miss an easy wide open Swaim. But apparently Dak won so "HaHa! to us all"

It's petty you can't enjoy a win, but would rather bad mouth valid criticism.

Blackrain

Reaction score
one game in forever and dude is like *Nelson Voice*, "HaHa"

We're all glad he did good. Some of us still see he struggles with over the middle passes and reads and those outside passes won't always be there, but the ones he threw for the most part were spot on. You're in complete denial if you didn't see the difference in accuracy when Dak was throwing high balls/grounders with a clean pocket in prior games.

The stupid 2nd to last drive that ended with a FG Dak did miss an easy wide open Swaim. But apparently Dak won so "HaHa! to us all"

It's petty you can't enjoy a win, but would rather bad mouth valid criticism.

We have had MORE than enough criticism and negativity around here . Whats a shame is people cant enjoy the win and be excited and happy with the progress that was made .

Many here are so VESTED in Dak Sucks they just feel they have to defend that stance at all costs even if it makes them look like a complete gaping grass hole .

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's one game. Let's pump the brakes. Zeke counted for 150 rushing and 80 some yards of dak's passing. Dak made some nice throws but he still threw wide on a few.
Another Romo Calling for Brake Pumping what a surprise !!!!

How about screw pumping the brakes lets ride this baby till the wheels fall off !!!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Couple of Cliches I would like to interject,

"Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes"
"A broken clock is right twice a day."
Biggest one, "Put away the anointing oil." Too many put this kid in the hall of fame and put him in company with QBs like Troy, Roger, and others. He is what he is, a bus driver of a blinged out bus.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Couple of Cliches I would like to interject,

"Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes"
"A broken clock is right twice a day."
Biggest one, "Put away the anointing oil." Too many put this kid in the hall of fame and put him in company with QBs like Troy, Roger, and others. He is what he is, a bus driver of a blinged out bus.

How about One Rose don't make Summer

Nobody is putting him in the company of Troy and Roger but many believe he is more than a bus driver . Stop with the extremes.

Many feel he can be a very good QB if given some time to mature but have to endure the constant tirade of Dak Sucks from the people who don't understand Dak is not near ready to be able to elevate the team beyond others mistake . He needs people to at least mostly do there jobs .

jrumann59

Reaction score

Nobody is putting him in the company of Troy and Roger but many believe he is more than a bus driver . Stop with the extremes.

Many feel he can be a very good QB if given some time to mature but have to endure the constant tirade of Dak Sucks from the people who don't understand Dak is not near ready to be able to elevate the team beyond others mistake . He needs people to at least mostly do there jobs .

That is a fine quote. Too bad there are folks that are to the extremes on both sides, some point to 2016 as the proof he is "awesome", others point to the present and recent history (2017) to why he is not. I find myself believing a QB that is this wildly inconsistent over 3 years is what he is. IMHO he is Jameis Winston as a QB, or Fitzpatrick. Will wow you from time to time and then have stretches that say, "Oh I know now why he is a journeyman."

Blackrain

Reaction score

That is a fine quote. Too bad there are folks that are to the extremes on both sides, some point to 2016 as the proof he is "awesome", others point to the present and recent history (2017) to why he is not. I find myself believing a QB that is this wildly inconsistent over 3 years is what he is. IMHO he is Jameis Winston as a QB, or Fitzpatrick. Will wow you from time to time and then have stretches that say, "Oh I know now why he is a journeyman."

Hard to say exactly what we got a lot of factors involved . Inconsistent yes but still young . He sure shows the potential and is durable along with a good work ethic and character .

The biggest thing right now is he needs people to do there jobs for him to succeed . He is not able to consistently elevate the team above other peoples mistakes .

I think he can improve Im old and have more patients than most who anymore need instant gratification . I know from experience we could tank the whole season get a good pick and have what we are experiencing now or worse . How about Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook would we be better

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just me and you AC and a few others that believe in Dak . Some afraid to stand by him for fear of being wrong but its a sad fanbase we got here . They cant even be happy when he plays well and we win . I think we need a new Cowboy forum with real Cowboy fans . This forum flatout SUCKS!!!!!

I also like Dak, and I've been saying that he's actually quite good. The problem has been terrible coaching and equally **** playcalling.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Worst front? I highly doubt that. THAT FRONT handled the Patriots and harassed Brady the previous week. Pummeled them in fact. Lets give our retooled oline some cred. Joe Looney and Williams had their best game to date.

1fc.jpg

Right on, @Rayman70

jsb357

Reaction score
how many yards did you spot him because JG is his HC?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I guess as long as Zeke can produce 240 yards per game or in that neighbourhood we will be alright, problem is we won't be playing the worst team against the rush every week

Im kind of thinking that's why we used that high a pick on him as we expected him to be a workhorse and lead our offense . Dak was drafted in the 4th round and was expected to sit and learn for a couple yrs while Tony finished his career . He was forced to play immediately so it may take some time for him to mature .
Another big problem is our receivers are inconsistent . When the ball hits you in the hands in the NFL you are expected to catch it . If you look at the game Lions receivers made some great catches and ours let TDs go through there hands . This is part of the reason Zeke had to produce so much .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just me and you AC and a few others that believe in Dak . Some afraid to stand by him for fear of being wrong but its a sad fanbase we got here . They cant even be happy when he plays well and we win . I think we need a new Cowboy forum with real Cowboy fans . This forum flatout SUCKS!!!!!
It's the Romo freaks with their agenda in play.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Yes it's just one game, but so many here commented that Dak CAN'T throw accurately over 10 yards, CAN'T make back shoulder throws and CAN'T win against good teams. That would mean he would NEVER be able to do those things.

Well he DID do those things. It's not a question of if he can do it consistently to some here, if he did the same thing for half a season it would be "it's only half the season, it's not the SB, it's not a playoff game" etc. The Dak haters, if Dak won the SB, would just disappear from this site rather than say "I was wrong".

I have consistently said I'd give him this year to show improvement in his consistency, play execution and ability to make key throws. If he doesn't, then I'll be the first to say he's not the quarterback the Cowboys need, but I'm not giving up on the man just yet...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak sucks....yea...yea that's the ticket. Nevermind the fact we won WITH clutch throws...but but but lol...:rolleyes: