Dak, proves he's average. Needs to be paid so **merged**

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To Daks credit as poorly as the offense played we still were only one drive away from pulling this turd of an offensive performance out.

Much criticism needs to be placed on Elliott and this OL too. 18 carries 35 yards. RU Kiddin me? We aren’t winning many games like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This one of those games that the Saints defense deserves credit. Much like our defense did in last years Upset over Saints.

Now if this offensive trend continues then we will have more concerns and criticism. And why this weeks game looms larger.

blueblood70

Reaction score
even I think this thread is trolling ..but I do agree with one thing all the hype dak has arrived and much improved etc and now can write his own check and will keep costing more with each big game is put to bed..

Daks really good QB , he did beat up on 3 bad teams and might be slightly improved from last year but those 3 game were mirage and daks at best is ranked maybe 10 right now.. Hes not top 5 will never be elite but that doesnt mean this was his fault..

Dak wasn't perfect sunday BUT it wasn't his fault we left.. he did under perform under pressure with no RG but most QBs not Elite have that happen..Dak supporters have to admit there was some very poor throws first drive high pass , errant lead pass, later in game balls thrown behind..so no he was not prefect but we cant blame him for this loss..

I think most will say he also didnt grab the team put it on his back and win this game..thats why I rank him where hes at , he isn that type of QB ie top 5 elite QBs dont always do that but they do it more often then not, WILL a WUIN from Nothing..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one stat or fact, depending on what you want to call it, is that the Saint’s defense shut Zeke down in an attempt to make Dak beat them by passing. Dak couldn’t do it. That is the only fact that matters.

We're 1-8 when Daddy Zeke doesn't reach 75 yards therefore Dak without Daddy Zeke producing is a non-factor.....40 million ya right lol

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Do you think i care about what numb nuts on the internet feel/think?

Begone thot. You are a waste of time

I'm sure you do otherwise you wouldn't be on here nonstop trying to prove your ridiculous points to numb nut strangers on the internet.
Call me a waste of time but specifically devout your own time to responding to me, funny.
Also I'm not a thot, I didn't realize a white man could even be that I thought it meant something else entirely. I thought I knew what it meant but maybe not, can you enlighten me wasting your time once more? I don't particularly follow ghetto slang or twitter memes very much.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We're 1-8 when Daddy Zeke doesn't reach 75 yards therefore Dak without Daddy Zeke producing is a non-factor.....40 million ya right lol
It’s why we placed a higher priority on signing Zeke.

It’s no secret that our offense runs thru Elliott. Shut him down and you basically shut our offense down.

It’s a proven method obviously. Not all teams have the capability of shutting Elliott down.

jnday

Reaction score
My original post was to say that last weekends game performance being blamed on any 1 player is showing either a lack of understanding of this sport or is an obvious troll attempt was replied to by someone who said the “call out” as he put it threads and post are fair because of back and forth troll wars. This is a sad commentary about this place.

We have a population of posters around here that get their rocks off on trolling other cowboys fans to the point they are happy when their team or a player on their team fails to perform just so they can troll back at other fans.

now I am not saying everyone is this way. Some guys will stay away from this forum due to this childish trolling.

If you are someone who doubted Dak or Zeke or Cooper and they are playing amazing you should enjoy that. Enjoy being wrong. When whatever player has a bad game you should not enjoy creating over reaction post or threads with a childish “told you so” mentality.

maybe it’s boring for some of these trolls but a fan forum should contain more logical football talk and less trolling. Join the Eagles board if you want to troll someone. We are all on the same team.
Actually, the Dak realists have created very few threads concerning a Dak. The Daklovers on the other hand have started tons of threads in an attempt to call out posters. Even with so few of these threads that calls out the Daklovers, they are freaking out. The Daklovers are the ones that started this mess and they brought all of the arrogant personal attacks and insults into these threads. Poor ole Pappy has had great patience and he has had to listen to a lot of crap about his family, friends and himself all because his opinion don’t go along with the bullies on this board.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Not even sure I’d call the Saints’ Defense a “big dog”... they came into this game ranked 28th in the league in pass defense... :facepalm:

With that said, the entire offense sucked today. Receivers and O-Line were both crap tonight too. Just got outplayed across the board.

What this game was, was a revenge game. We kicked them in the mouth last season, and they got reminded of that. So they returned the favor. You saw what took place when we attempted to fight fire with fire, 2 OPI's against Coop, and a hash of BS calls against our D. Funny how they were called for holding almost every possession in the first half, but then I guess just got really good at blocking in the 2nd. This game wasn't on Dak Prescott as some who hate the man will have us fall for AGAIN. Pappydog, I swear man, if you dislike Dak that much, go be a foreskin fan until they bring in a QB YOU do like. You have a right to voice your opinion, but enough is enough. Just stop with all the Dak flac, it's a team sport and he played pretty dang good considering his O-line couldn't block their own grandmothers. We are all asking WHY didn't we go at Apple, or push the ball across the middle as they were giving it up. Who knows why the play calling was asinine and vanilla. I think if you want to go off on someone, it should be either the OJT OC or that moron clapper. Let's see how it goes against our other nemesis Aaron Rodgers...I'm betting right here, YOU won't be spewing this rubbish come Monday about DP.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was back on Dak’s bandwagon after the 1st 3 games. He just looked like such a different QB that I was convinced it would translate to better competition. I obviously didn’t think it would be as easy but I thought he would at least play well, look confident, and still be that rock of a leader in the huddle. I now find myself stuck in limbo somewhere. I can’t decide if he reverted to playing like he did last year because they reverted back to a gameplan and called plays like they did last year or was it due to the better competition. One thing I can’t shake though, if he want to be paid like Russell Wilson then he really should be able to win a game like that but then again NO spanked the Seahawks much worse just last week so who knows. I’m so confused right now.

Trust what you see but understand what it is you are watching. If you approach this from the angle that Dak is a young QB who is still developing, it becomes much easier to understand IMO. Dak is not a top 5 QB in the NFL IMO. He may get there at some point but he's not there yet. As I watch him play, I still see him miss things that the top QBs don't. He needs to get to a point where he sees the field, is able to figure out where the vulnerability is and is confident and capable enough to audible us into the right play. What I believe we saw last Sunday was a very poor showing of that from Dak but, it doesn't mean he's a bad QB. I mean, it doesn't have to be a one or the other thing. Dak can be a promising young QB who is also not a top QB in the league. People who take those positions are the folks who end up in these pointless arguments that kill every productive conversation on the merits of the player. I mean, shouldn't we really be talking about where he is at and where he needs to be, rather then if he's better then Brady? Any fool can see he is not at that point but why does that have to be a bad thing? Brady was not Brady in his 4th year either.

If you keep an open mind and just stick to what you know to be true, in terms of the game, then it's all good. You won't be disappointed and I believe the game will be more enjoyable but it's up to you. I think we are in a good place, as a team. We need to figure out the coaching staff but overall, I really like where we are at. Enjoy the ride Brother.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is he calling the plays? Im confused.
NO but id like to see Both him and Dak at times go rogue , when PC is that bad go audible even when ones not on, change plays or say ok im just going to run or throw what was called wjen it clearly isnt working.. I know Daks not Rogers and sometime rogers gets it wrong but you have to a star player who knows you wont be called out or benched for doing so, go draw up a play in the sand and go try and win it..

I know its a ridiculous assumption they would or could do so on regular basis but sometimes , just in big moment where you feel its needed, just change the play..

I do think EE stays within the offense too much I dont see him trying to see a clogged lane and bounce it outside when its broken, although this game like the rams game it seemed like the Dline was in the backfield by the time he took the hand off, tough to run in that situation, you cant even make move when guy is in your space as soon as you secure the ball.. maybe he want to do what asked of him or not seeing the hole.. he could be rusty..i think the frustration of game like this will wake up those thoughts..

silvrNblue

Reaction score
He gonna prove he's average more and more the next 6-8 weeks, I'm not going to say this loss was all on him because it wasn't but what i will say is if everything isn't perfect for him he can't win the game on his own and that folks is what you call an average QB
Ohh you mean like the Rams Qb, or oh I know maybe Rodgers, or the super star in Seattle? You mean that perfect??? I'm confused cause all those so called A # 1 top of the line ELITE QB's lost their last outings? So it must mean there as average as Dak, Good news cause we play that other average QB Rodgers come Sunday... should be enlightening.

Polkton31

Reaction score

The same could be said about many teams. Did you know, when a team has a RB go over 100 yards, those teams win 75% of their games. Conversely, when a team has a QB go over 300 yards passing, but their ground game is under 100 yards, they only win 46% of their games. And your argument about Dak getting paid if he doesn't perform at an elite level, is kind of hypocritical when you praise Zeke all the time. I mean, If an elite QB is supposed to carry the team when the rest of the team is faltering, shouldn't an elite RB be expected to do the same thing?

PS. Before some of you blow a head gasket, I am not calling Dak elite. I am merely using your argument that an Elite QB finds a way to win no matter how bad the rest of the team is playing.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ohh you mean like the Rams Qb, or oh I know maybe Rodgers, or the super star in Seattle? You mean that perfect??? I'm confused cause all those so called A # 1 top of the line ELITE QB's lost their last outings? So it must mean there as average as Dak, Good news cause we play that other average QB Rodgers come Sunday... should be enlightening.

I wouldn't be making comparisons to Rodgers or Wilson if i was you. Doesn't really help your argument. As for Goff well i consider him average too

black label

Reaction score
Winning games against backup scrubs is elite now?

I'll compare him to somebody else...

Since he was brought up in a thread that coincidentally gets on Dak for not beating a backup here we are. 2013 against Greenday we lost a game by 1 point after leading 26-3 at the half. Matt Flynn did that **** assisted by Romo throwing picks to end our final two possessions. I'm just glad to know beating backups makes you elite. Seriously thank you @black label I truly didn't know. Now that we know Romo isn't elite I hope some of you finally found closure.
This has nothing to do with romo, it has nothing to do with wentz, it has nothing to do with linehan, it has nothing to do with sigs.
It has to do with dak, he has to make the throw to cobb like an eite qb would have

If you want to be labeled elite in this league you have to absolutely beat a good defense on the road with a scrub backup.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The run game suffers because we dont have a QB that will make the defense pay for selling out to stop the run

How that escapes yall, I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND
We all apparently weren't on the field and seeing what the D was showing, I do know, they ran ALOT of fronts that looked one way and then they
I wouldn't be making comparisons to Rodgers or Wilson if i was you. Doesn't really help your argument. As for Goff well i consider him average too
But, didn't BOTH Rodgers AND Wilson get beat AT home? I'm simply using your definition of "average" as a starting point...seeing as it gets summed up by win/loss. I never said either were average QB's as that would be fool hardy at best.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with romo, it has nothing to do with wentz, it has nothing to do with linehan, it has nothing to do with sigs.
It has to do with dak, he has to make the throw to cobb like an eite qb would have

If you want to be labeled elite in this league you have to absolutely beat a good defense on the road with a scrub backup.
Didn't this same "scrub" QB and NO team go and beat R Wilson in THEIR house 2 Sunday's ago? Just sayn...

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
We all apparently weren't on the field and seeing what the D was showing, I do know, they ran ALOT of fronts that looked one way and then they

But, didn't BOTH Rodgers AND Wilson get beat AT home? I'm simply using your definition of "average" as a starting point...seeing as it gets summed up by win/loss. I never said either were average QB's as that would be fool hardy at best.

If Dak had done any remotely close to what those 2 guys have done in their careers then your comparison would be fine, but he hasn't. Leave it alone you won't win this one

silvrNblue

Reaction score
If Dak had done any remotely close to what those 2 guys have done in their careers then your comparison would be fine, but he hasn't. Leave it alone you won't win this one
I already have...my point is made and valid...DP still leads BOTH those QB's in stats to date, yet you continue to call him average...but I digress, you win a participation trophy... BFD