Dak, proves he's average. Needs to be paid so **merged**

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1. There aren't only Dak haters. Never said there was.
2. There are Heath haters, D-Law haters, and Zeke haters. Unfortunately, this post was about Dak, not any of the others. So, I didn't address any of those.
3. Dak has polarized this hang out because of posters like you and a couple others.
4. I'm not your bud. I wouldn't know you if I passed you on the street and said hello. I can count my true friends on less than both hands. But they have proven they will go to battle with me, and die for me if necessary. I feel the same about them.
5. What you do isn't critique. Look up the definition. The only part of the definition of a critic that you fall under is; one given to harsh or captious judgment. If captious is a word you are unfamiliar with, it is defined as; tending to find fault or raise petty objections. Marked by an often ill-natured inclination to stress faults and raise objections. If you were really just a critic, you would critique Dak fairly instead of the one-sided BS you have been doing.
6. A better way to define you is Internet Troll: a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages.
7. Before the season started, this board had to put up with your diatribe against Dak. This board also had to put up with your Dak memes. You know, like the one with Zeke and the o-line pulling Dak in a wagon. Then the season starts and Dak is posting great stats. (Even if the competition wasn't play-off caliber) What happens? You change your meme to one of Joe Looney and quietly disappear. Next, the Cowboys lose a game to the Saints. What do you know!! Here you come... rushing back with a new Dak meme saying,"Y'all got any more of those crappy teams?". I wonder why the old bike meme didn't go back up... OH, that's right... It's because your man Zeke and the o-line stunk it up worse than Dak did. Then, when you get called on it, your response was,"I wasn't hiding. I just wasn't going to participate in your fantasy outlook". What you should have said was,"I didn't have anything to whine about, so there was no sense in me posting. But now, since the Cowboys have lost, I can come back and start blaming Dak again".
Your last sentence is the best of all of them though. "Only Dak can silence the non-believers". This is BS and you know it. Even if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you will be right here saying it was because Zeke, Gallup, Cooper, the o-line, and the defense carried Dak across the finish line.
Your true colors were revealed a long time ago. You live for the Cowboys to lose so you can ride in here like the conquering hero, waving your BS. "I told you so" flag proudly above your head.

Wow just /thread right here

Another L for Mammi

aikemirv

Reaction score
At worst case Dak is a good bus driver who does not turn the ball over. At best case he is a pretty good QB at least in the top 10 right now in the league.

Dak has opted to let the season play out, it will be to his benefit or detriment. I don't really want it to be to his detriment other than the salary cap implications. It is kind of a no win situation for the Cowboys unless they win the Super Bowl. If he does poorly the Cowboys will do poorly. If he does well the Cowboys will do well but only makes it worth 35 mill or so if they win a Super Bowl and then that big of contract hurts your future a great deal.

We win that game without the other turnovers no matter what we think of Dak's play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes a starting QB whos had success,

so let this sink in,

He will get paid 32-35 mil regardless of 2019s performance...

its the dreaded qb market and by 2020 new CBA on the way, bigger Salary Cap, thats way down the list...

there are many examples of average to above average qbs making too much money..

So what are our options, we can win with Dak , do we simply let him walk after a yr or 2 of FT? start over or pay him and try and win and with our current window open enough?

its the nature of the business currently..

Here's the dilemma Daks not taking less then Wentz and Goff , he will force the cowboys hand or walk..:popcorn:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So not only are you the leader of the stupid fans, you are on drugs too :laugh:
I leave you so embarrassed half the time you can't even come up with a response lmao.

As I said, sit this one out girly pop. You got nothing.

How those MVP odds looking :laugh::laugh::laugh:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
[QUOTE="blueblood70, post: 9515082, member: 39991"

Here's the dilemma Daks not taking less then Wentz and Goff , he will force the cowboys hand or walk..:popcorn:
[/QUOTE]

That's really a fundamental question that I haven't seen asked much. If Dak was an unrestricted free agent, how much would he get? Before the season, I would have bet against $30m per year. After the first 3 weeks, I would have bet on $35m.

Regardless, unless Dak is a fool, he is better off taking a contract from Dallas for X per year than virtually any other team for that same amount. Fans underestimate just how much leverage the Cowboys have. They could let him be a free agent and tell him they will match any offer he gets and he would be smart to come back because he is going to get so much more endorsement income as Cowboys QB than anywhere else.

Would be a gamble for the Cowboys though. You would have to trust that he doesn't let emotions decide his next team.

shabazz

Reaction score

so let this sink in,

its the dreaded qb market and by 2020 new CBA on the way, bigger Salary Cap, thats way down the list...

So what are our options, we can win with Dak , do we simply let him walk after a yr or 2 of FT? start over or pay him and try and win and with our current window open enough?

Baltimore won a Super Bowl with Dilfer but at least they didn't have to make him the highest paid QB in the league. seems like there no middle ground concerning the salary. My way or the Highway. I still maintain that hes somewhere in the middle of the pack, slightly higher though, but it only matters what the FO thinks of him.........One thing is for sure though, hes got the team over a barrel and thats just business.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
1. There aren't only Dak haters. Never said there was.
2. There are Heath haters, D-Law haters, and Zeke haters. Unfortunately, this post was about Dak, not any of the others. So, I didn't address any of those.
3. Dak has polarized this hang out because of posters like you and a couple others.
4. I'm not your bud. I wouldn't know you if I passed you on the street and said hello. I can count my true friends on less than both hands. But they have proven they will go to battle with me, and die for me if necessary. I feel the same about them.
5. What you do isn't critique. Look up the definition. The only part of the definition of a critic that you fall under is; one given to harsh or captious judgment. If captious is a word you are unfamiliar with, it is defined as; tending to find fault or raise petty objections. Marked by an often ill-natured inclination to stress faults and raise objections. If you were really just a critic, you would critique Dak fairly instead of the one-sided BS you have been doing.
6. A better way to define you is Internet Troll: a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages.
7. Before the season started, this board had to put up with your diatribe against Dak. This board also had to put up with your Dak memes. You know, like the one with Zeke and the o-line pulling Dak in a wagon. Then the season starts and Dak is posting great stats. (Even if the competition wasn't play-off caliber) What happens? You change your meme to one of Joe Looney and quietly disappear. Next, the Cowboys lose a game to the Saints. What do you know!! Here you come... rushing back with a new Dak meme saying,"Y'all got any more of those crappy teams?". I wonder why the old bike meme didn't go back up... OH, that's right... It's because your man Zeke and the o-line stunk it up worse than Dak did. Then, when you get called on it, your response was,"I wasn't hiding. I just wasn't going to participate in your fantasy outlook". What you should have said was,"I didn't have anything to whine about, so there was no sense in me posting. But now, since the Cowboys have lost, I can come back and start blaming Dak again".
Your last sentence is the best of all of them though. "Only Dak can silence the non-believers". This is BS and you know it. Even if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you will be right here saying it was because Zeke, Gallup, Cooper, the o-line, and the defense carried Dak across the finish line.
Your true colors were revealed a long time ago. You live for the Cowboys to lose so you can ride in here like the conquering hero, waving your BS. "I told you so" flag proudly above your head.
Sometimes when you speak, I cry a little.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

so let this sink in,

At this rate, if he can't win when Zeke can't break 75 yards let him walk no bus driver is worth 30-35 million against your Cap!

risco

Reaction score
Dak needs to stop fumbling the ball, dropping passes, committing offensive PIs, and running the ball for 1.9 a carry. This proves he’s average!
He also needs to stop holding and most definitely needs to block better, pass and run. When he's able to do all of these things, then we should pay him like the top tier QBs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Baltimore won a Super Bowl with Dilfer but at least they didn't have to make him the highest paid QB in the league. seems like there no middle ground concerning the salary. My way or the Highway. I still maintain that hes somewhere in the middle of the pack, slightly higher though, but it only matters what the FO thinks of him.........One thing is for sure though, hes got the team over a barrel and thats just business.
true but not reality, the way we as fans think and the way the NFL is handling QBs..

blueblood70

Reaction score
[QUOTE="blueblood70, post: 9515082, member: 39991"

That's really a fundamental question that I haven't seen asked much. If Dak was an unrestricted free agent, how much would he get? Before the season, I would have bet against $30m per year. After the first 3 weeks, I would have bet on $35m.

Regardless, unless Dak is a fool, he is better off taking a contract from Dallas for X per year than virtually any other team for that same amount. Fans underestimate just how much leverage the Cowboys have. They could let him be a free agent and tell him they will match any offer he gets and he would be smart to come back because he is going to get so much more endorsement income as Cowboys QB than anywhere else.

Would be a gamble for the Cowboys though. You would have to trust that he doesn't let emotions decide his next team.[/QUOTE]
we said all that about Zeke, LOL look what happened with no leverage.. :))

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Running for his life behind a leaky Oline and pathetic game plan.
However, he should have hit a couple of those passes better.
I agree. A couple passes were awful, but in retrospect the entire offense looked like trash. Though his numbers were low and he threw an INT, I din't think he was detrimental.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Why pay Dak 100 million when you're mostly gonna run Zeke up the middle most of the game????? Makes NO sense. When they thought Zeke wasn't ready we became a real offense. They think Zeke is back in shape we return to Woody Hayes days. Brilliant......